Experimental Grow To See The Difference Between Coco Perlite & Living Soil

Maybe throw your hat in the sponsored grow ring?

I’ve had a few PM’s from company’s wanting to provide me with lights and stuff on the proviso I do a professional journal. They are always looking for posters to showcase their products. Would be a perfect solution for your broke arse.

Maybe throw your hat in the sponsored grow ring?

I’ve had a few PM’s from company’s wanting to provide me with lights and stuff on the proviso I do a professional journal. They are always looking for posters to showcase their products. Would be a perfect solution for your broke arse.
One look at my journal and sponsors will run the other way. Unprofessional is my middle name :rofl:

Okay so I repotted one of the SS clones today. She's in a mixture of terrazilla soil and 25% worm castings, in a pb 40 bag. I need to get some more mulch for her.
Here's a clone from 'number 6', a clone from 'short stack', a clone from 'the soil plant', and 'boot girl', she's grown from seed. These are the ones I'll be putting in the tent as a dark room.
I feel like I should have catchy names for them but I have no imagination.

IMG_20211124_112001.jpg

IMG20211124103544.jpg

IMG20211124103253.jpg

I was checking the plants today and found two more with nanners. Not sure what happened but it looks like a stress reaction to something maybe. Must've been something I did, or didn't do. Anyway I chopped them all. Pretty disappointed with this grow but I got something, which is better than nothing.
Now the outdoor girls can sleep in the tent for 12 hours a night. I'll check for light leaks just in case before they go in.
It will be constantly dark in the tent, so I'll be drying the plants in there as well, with the carbon filter scrubbing the smell. The tent temp and humidity is around 25c and 55-65%
I know it's a sad ending after waiting so long, but I'm learning more about growing with every go around. I'm going to get it right sooner or later.

IMG20211125134035.jpg

IMG20211125134029.jpg

IMG20211125112232.jpg

IMG20211125112219.jpg

Don't be sad, life goes on. Now the tent is free I can use it for a dark room.

Here we have 'boot girl' at the front.
In the middle we have a clone from 'short stack'.
Left rear, a clone from 'number 6'.
And last but not least, right rear, a clone from the 'soil plant'.

They're going to get 12 hours sleep from now on. Only problem is, I have to hump them in and out of the tent every day. I'm hoping the good quality soil and plenty of sunlight is going to pay off. I amended the soil with plenty of worm castings and I'll be feeding them bat guano once in a while. I've also got some flavor savior left so they'll get some of that too. For these plants, no salt based fertilizer, only natural stuff. Or water.

Let's see what happens.

IMG20211125195516.jpg

Don't be sad, life goes on. Now the tent is free I can use it for a dark room.

Here we have 'boot girl' at the front.
In the middle we have a clone from 'short stack'.
Left rear, a clone from 'number 6'.
And last but not least, right rear, a clone from the 'soil plant'.

They're going to get 12 hours sleep from now on. Only problem is, I have to hump them in and out of the tent every day. I'm hoping the good quality soil and plenty of sunlight is going to pay off. I amended the soil with plenty of worm castings and I'll be feeding them bat guano once in a while. I've also got some flavor savior left so they'll get some of that too. For these plants, no salt based fertilizer, only natural stuff. Or water.

Let's see what happens.
Omg I hump in and out errrrrry singleeee growwww!

I am going away tomorrow and my girls will be totally outside for a week! I hope I don’t come home to a bug infested mess.

I think sunlight is so much better than faux light. I’d love to do a nutes vs good soil comparison.

What were those nanners to begin with? Seed or clone?

Omg I hump in and out errrrrry singleeee growwww!

I am going away tomorrow and my girls will be totally outside for a week! I hope I don’t come home to a bug infested mess.

I think sunlight is so much better than faux light. I’d love to do a nutes vs good soil comparison.

What were those nanners to begin with? Seed or clone?
Hey Trala,
The girls with nanners were all bagseed.
Everything I grow is bagseed, or clones from bagseed. The only plant still going from seed is boot girl, all the others are clones.

I'm going to go all soil from now on, coco is too much work, costs too much for nutes, have to remove runoff, pH testing, etc etc.

I got another bag of the easyasorganics living soil, more worm castings and some sphagnum moss for mulch.

Although it's not a professional comparison, I'm sure I'll notice a difference between the mothers that were in coco and the clones that are in soil. The only other variable is the light.

I'm sure your babies will be okay.

PS, I'm going to try to reveg number 6. She's got a bit of green on her still, so I'll give it a crack and see what happens. She's gone from coco to soil so she might freak out. We'll see.

:thumb:

IMG20211126153350.jpg

IMG20211126153340.jpg

I moved AC into a new home and guess who was hanging around guarding her.
This little guy stayed on her throughout the transplant process, as well as the walk to her new home.
I'll get her some mulch when I can.
The one in the background is the original number 6 from the tent. I'm trying to reveg her.

IMG_20211126_184300.jpg

IMG_20211126_183728.jpg

IMG_20211126_183513.jpg

IMG20211126183135.jpg

IMG20211126183045.jpg

IMG20211126182750.jpg

After drying I have 75 grams all up, and I probably smoked 15g or so off the plants before that. That's okay from a 100w light, especially considering I chopped them early. At least I'll have something to smoke while I wait for the next lot. It's not the best, a bit racy and lots of larf for cooking or oil etc. There's a few reasonable buds, but I need a better light to get the big chungas.
Gonna concentrate on outdoors for now and hopefully upgrade solar capacity, inverter, lights, fans etc when I can.

IMG_20211203_125635.jpg

IMG_20211203_125617.jpg

IMG_20211203_125601.jpg

IMG20211203123125.jpg

After drying I have 75 grams all up, and I probably smoked 15g or so off the plants before that. That's okay from a 100w light, especially considering I chopped them early. At least I'll have something to smoke while I wait for the next lot. It's not the best, a bit racy and lots of larf for cooking or oil etc. There's a few reasonable buds, but I need a better light to get the big chungas.
Gonna concentrate on outdoors for now and hopefully upgrade solar capacity, inverter, lights, fans etc when I can.

IMG_20211203_125635.jpg

IMG_20211203_125617.jpg

IMG_20211203_125601.jpg

IMG20211203123125.jpg
Not a bad haul of medicine you got there especially with your light setup sheesh, that's almost a gram per watt of light F'n amazing pal :welldone::headbanger:

Not a bad haul of medicine you got there especially with your light setup sheesh, that's almost a gram per watt of light F'n amazing pal :welldone::headbanger:
I was thinking the same thing, if I didn't chop them early, I might have gotten the 1gram per watt.

Back
Top Bottom