Emmy Finally Goes Auto, Convinced Because Of Its Name!

not sure that wouldn't let the smell escape, but a quart canning jar with a sealed lid is going to for sure keep you out of trouble.
Thanks Em I’ll check it out! I’m just happy they are letting me grow inside and outside :) brought some sort of calmness to my crazy life haha

Regarding the decarb process. It’s simple and involves a home oven at I think 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not rely on your stove to give you a true temp. Get a decent oven thermometer instead (super cheap), place it close to the sample for most accurate temp read.

I’m figuring the more you can regularly be spot on with the process the more accurate and repeatable the final readings. I bet you already have that covered though Emilya! Lol

I’m just happy they are letting me grow inside and outside
Hey 12 - If you can get hold of a toaster oven you could take outside - mine will fit three mason jars about 1/3 full on their sides. I put a small hole in the lid just to be on the safe side. Just shake every 20 minutes or so. And now that I have dialed in my "Transmogrifier" (Parabolic Solar Accumulator) I can cook my Cococanna oil to my hearts content - for free (on sunny days)

Hey 12 - If you can get hold of a toaster oven you could take outside - mine will fit three mason jars about 1/3 full on their sides. I put a small hole in the lid just to be on the safe side. Just shake every 20 minutes or so. And now that I have dialed in my "Transmogrifier" (Parabolic Solar Accumulator) I can cook my Cococanna oil to my hearts content - for free (on sunny days)
that would be so cool green I wonder...can oxy-acetylene make it go faster almost instant? or propane forge ok sorry I'm being silly now

Here are tonight's updates. I am going to do it in two parts because I have so many microscope pictures. First, the closeup of the entire plant with the big camera. There are only two colas showing white pistils, and those are coming out of the new foxtail growth erupting from the main body. They are what @Jon would call random pistilations.

Lots of amber is now showing in 80% of the buds. I wait for 1 more day... the cleaning crew is on standby.

DSCF1526.JPG

Here are the microscope pics. They are so much easier to see down here on the PC, away from the big lights. Up there I couldn't see a lot on the microscope pictures on my cell phone, but when I used the old fashioned loupe, I could see plenty. Now, looking at these 10 snaps... I am convinced. There is amber, and it is moving in rapidly.

2022_08_24_18_15_57_830.jpg
2022_08_24_18_16_37_252.jpg
2022_08_24_18_16_57_459.jpg
2022_08_24_18_18_26_978.jpg
2022_08_24_18_18_36_582.jpg
2022_08_24_18_19_02_861.jpg
2022_08_24_18_19_18_379.jpg
2022_08_24_18_19_38_428.jpg
2022_08_24_18_21_09_456.jpg
2022_08_24_18_23_00_965.jpg
:circle-of-love::drool::circle-of-love::drool::circle-of-love:
:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Beautiful plant em.... And nice trich shots.... Can I ask how many you took to achieve those few 😂 .

But I'm looking forward to seeing you test out the test kit.

Have a great day.

if the smell is the issue, I have decarbed in a sealed quart jar before. Heat it up, take it outside and pop the lid.

Other members have also used sealed turkey bags to decarb.

Regarding the decarb process. It’s simple and involves a home oven at I think 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not rely on your stove to give you a true temp. Get a decent oven thermometer instead (super cheap), place it close to the sample for most accurate temp read.

I’m figuring the more you can regularly be spot on with the process the more accurate and repeatable the final readings. I bet you already have that covered though Emilya! Lol

350F is way too high of a heat. I decarb my plant material at 230F for 1.5 hours.

Other members have also used sealed turkey bags to decarb.

350F is way too high of a heat. I decarb my plant material at 230F for 1.5 hours.
I hear ya, but its for a short amount of time, so maybe thats what allows for it? I was just quoting the site :thumb:

It seems there are many methods to decarb. The Plantchek guide says to first grind up just .5 gm of product and then press this between a fold of aluminum foil before putting it in that hot oven. For that small amount, this was a perfect method, and the product was perfectly browned and decarbed after 5 minutes.

I would have already posted my results of this, but two things have happened. First, I caught a chest cold that layed me up for most of the weekend. Second, I realized that my .1g scale was not adequate for this task as it could not accurately measure the small amount of the decarbed sample that was called for... I needed a .01g scale. Thanks to the big online store and free shipping I now have my new and much more accurate scale and am ready to do the test again. After practicing one time, I now understand the critical nature of the timing of the steps involved, and the importance of using an accurate amount of test material.

I will be doing the test again later today in a much more controlled environment and I am confident that I will get some accurate results. The product was pulled Friday night, was trimmed, washed and hung to dry. As far as yield goes, we got 678g wet, which calculates down to about 5.38 oz dry... not bad for 3 months of work!

I am feeling much better today and getting caught up here is on my short list of things to do today. I have some pictures in my camera that I need to share with you, I need to catch up with the other journals, my watering and everything in the grow rooms, and then I need to write my review. This is going to be a very busy day, but that's what I deserve after taking the entire weekend off to lay around in bed.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday. There will be more updates later.

As far as yield goes, we got 678g wet,
Not too shabby!!!!! OK, drum roll.........from Lemmy and Squiggy I got 45 g dry - 15 from Lemmy and 30 from Squig!!
Well, better luck next time!! :hmmmm: :nervous-guy::ciao: Now I'm counting on my photos!!!:goof:

Today is day 86 above ground and day 53 of bloom. Today for the first time I am seeing amber at the very top. It isn't everywhere yet, but it is there. If I were anxious to get this done, I could easily pull today and feel good about it. But there are still at least 2 colas that still have 1 or 2 white pistils. We are not yet done. I am going to wait at least a couple of more days.

The plant droughted itself over the last 10 days. It simply was not using the water and I refused to add to the problem. Finally today she was light enough that I could justify watering, so I did. It is my belief that she will take this last drink in order to finish out very quickly now.

The buds are rock hard and quite large. The trichomes are packed in there very thickly and certainly adding a lot to the weight. They look like they are going to be potent and if the test bud about a week ago is any indication of the quality, this bud is going to be 1 or 2 hit pot and I will have to revise everything I have ever thought and said about Autos.

I will get some microscope shots tomorrow. Harvest will likely be on Thursday or Friday.

DSCF1523.JPG
DSCF1522.JPG
DSCF1521.JPG
DSCF1520.JPG
Wow she's so pretty looks like huge coloas love it ✌🤙💙

Here are a few shots of my first attempts at using the PlantChek THC analysis kit. I was halfway into the process when I realized that the tiny amount of sample product that was called for was unmeasurable with my equipment. I had to quickly next day ship a new scale capable of .01g accuracy. My .1g scale was unable to accurately weigh the .1 gram sample size needed. Since I was taking pictures of the unveiling and realized that practicing this once was probably a good idea, I followed through and produced an inaccurate report. This will not serve as any sort of official review and am only trying to tease you a bit with a reveal. My next test will be much more accurate, and I should be able to tell you the THC content of this harvest.

First thing you see when you open the box, are encouraging words and a good idea where we are heading. I want to stress that this test kit is not a toy. Precautions must be taken to not harm yourself with the fluids, and accuracy is of primary importance. Also, with the accuracy needed, even an overhead fan is going to nudge the scale, so the location of these tests must be carefully considered.

DSCF1533.JPG
DSCF1534.JPG
DSCF1535.JPG
DSCF1536.JPG
DSCF1537.JPG
DSCF1538.JPG

That's all for now... just a sneak peek of the process. The next test should get completely different colors.

Darn it, wish they didn't do color changes for THC levels....not much help for us colorblind folks haha. Would love to see how it goes for you thiugh.

Keep in mind what this $16 test is, it is a "quick test." I don't expect it to be as accurate as an official lab test and it does look like some of the accuracy has to do with how well your eye can differentiate colors on a comparison chart. I do expect the result to be within a point or so of the actual value at least, and I see this as a very good way to get an estimate of what you have in your hand, compared with previous tests. As far as the color chart goes, consider that females always see colors better than males, so by all means enlist the help of your best girl to help you with this.

I trust a color chart when working with my saltwater aquarium to set many chemical levels, and I see no reason not to trust the results of this test as well, as long as there is accuracy in how the test is conducted. When the instructions say to shake for exactly one minute, I consider that as critically important as the last step when you are instructed to let the final two bottles sit to develop for exactly 5 minutes. Certain details, such as how much light is needed for the developing stage, are as yet unknown to me. I have some research yet to do before my official review.

Keep in mind what this $16 test is, it is a "quick test." I don't expect it to be as accurate as an official lab test and it does look like some of the accuracy has to do with how well your eye can differentiate colors on a comparison chart. I do expect the result to be within a point or so of the actual value at least, and I see this as a very good way to get an estimate of what you have in your hand, compared with previous tests. As far as the color chart goes, consider that females always see colors better than males, so by all means enlist the help of your best girl to help you with this.

I trust a color chart when working with my saltwater aquarium to set many chemical levels, and I see no reason not to trust the results of this test as well, as long as there is accuracy in how the test is conducted. When the instructions say to shake for exactly one minute, I consider that as critically important as the last step when you are instructed to let the final two bottles sit to develop for exactly 5 minutes. Certain details, such as how much light is needed for the developing stage, are as yet unknown to me. I have some research yet to do before my official review.

Im so excited to see your full review!

Back
Top Bottom