Dutchman’s 1st Grow Ever: 2018

@MrSauga
Hey fella! For flushing what is your plan and strategy? I have a a new thread started in FAQ’s regarding flushing! Would like to hear your inputs to on how you plan to flush for your first time! We can be flush buddies :rofl::rofl::rofl: but all seriousness ha! Happy thanksgiving my man !

Very nice work, Dutch! :welldone:

Regarding auto's, you 420% can go full term under 12/12 and get great meds but the yield will suffer compared to 18/6 or 20/4 (which is what I'd run IF I ran autos!) :yummy:. They grow outdoors all the time with 12 hours, or less, of light per day and, because they're not dependent on light cycles, you can up the lights to 18/6 or 20/4 later and it will only help.

Regarding the article on flushing, it was a great article! :thumb: Minimizing deficiencies at any stage, I think, is a good thing!

My personal opinion is that flushing is important when using chemical nutrients and not so much when growing organically in soil. Most of the chemical nute manufacturers show decreasing dosages towards the end of flower, which is really what the article is advocating - a managed reduction in the dose to avoid "shocking" the plants with starvation during the last couple of weeks. That being said, if you're using chemical nutes, you can flush with a clearing solution like Clearex and essentially be flushed in two days instead of two weeks, which isn't much of a shock before harvest. For an organic grow, I don't believe it's needed and I certainly wouldn't want to add Clearex at the end! :laugh:

OK so I'm not going to flush, and I'll tell you why...I don't want to piss @InTheShed off...but seriously he led me to this article here:
A critical look at preharvest flushing
LOL! Thanks for passing that along. So many growers blindly flush just because someone else said they're unflushed buds tasted bad. It's the cure that makes the buds taste best, not flushing. Flushing is starving a plant of needed nutrients when they need them most! Giving a plant what it needs at each stage of growth is important.

Oh, last thing...nutrients aren't stored in the flowers. Flowers only use the sugars the rest of the plant produces.

Very nice work, Dutch! :welldone:

Regarding auto's, you 420% can go full term under 12/12 and get great meds but the yield will suffer compared to 18/6 or 20/4 (which is what I'd run IF I ran autos!) :yummy:. They grow outdoors all the time with 12 hours, or less, of light per day and, because they're not dependent on light cycles, you can up the lights to 18/6 or 20/4 later and it will only help.

Regarding the article on flushing, it was a great article! :thumb: Minimizing deficiencies at any stage, I think, is a good thing!

My personal opinion is that flushing is important when using chemical nutrients and not so much when growing organically in soil. Most of the chemical nute manufacturers show decreasing dosages towards the end of flower, which is really what the article is advocating - a managed reduction in the dose to avoid "shocking" the plants with starvation during the last couple of weeks. That being said, if you're using chemical nutes, you can flush with a clearing solution like Clearex and essentially be flushed in two days instead of two weeks, which isn't much of a shock before harvest. For an organic grow, I don't believe it's needed and I certainly wouldn't want to add Clearex at the end! :laugh:

Hey Krip and thanks for the great input! I’m going to do some more reading but I’m right in the time zone where if I do decide to flush it would be ok! I’m going to pull out the loupe and microscope tomorrow and get a bunch of trich pics and hopefully get some thoughts from everyone here!

Looking forward to continuing to learn !!

LOL! Thanks for passing that along. So many growers blindly flush just because someone else said they're unflushed buds tasted bad. It's the cure that makes the buds taste best, not flushing. Flushing is starving a plant of needed nutrients when they need them most! Giving a plant what it needs at each stage of growth is important.

Oh, last thing...nutrients aren't stored in the flowers. Flowers only use the sugars the rest of the plant produces.

Hey @InTheShed ! Hope all is well! Soooo when you come to an end do you taper your nutes off or just leave everything as normal throughout flowering until the day you chop ?

Hey Krip and thanks for the great input! I’m going to do some more reading but I’m right in the time zone where if I do decide to flush it would be ok! I’m going to pull out the loupe and microscope tomorrow and get a bunch of trich pics and hopefully get some thoughts from everyone here!

Looking forward to continuing to learn !!
Clearex can also be used at the end of a crop’s growth cycle to trigger the last reproductive stage of the plant, forcing it to process and assimilate endogenous nutrients. Clearex contains specific electrolytes and selected mono and disaccharides which provide energy for the biosynthesis of important plant metabolites and macromolecules. Pre harvest treatments with Clearex are known to enhance the flavor and increase yields in fruits, vegetables, and culinary herbs by flushing out extraneous chemical nutrients.

Do you use Clearex ? @Mr. Krip and have you found it makes a differences ?

I used Clearex every havest to date, because I was doing hydro with AN nutes and it allowed me to keep giving nutes to the plants right until the very end, then flushed what was in the medium and "forced" the plants to use up what they had stored. I personally do believe flushing helps the herb burn much cleaner.

That being said, now that I've switched to soil with Doc's kit, I don't plan to continue.

Hey @InTheShed ! Hope all is well! Soooo when you come to an end do you taper your nutes off or just leave everything as normal throughout flowering until the day you chop ?
I keep up my flowering nutes until I chop as long as the plant looks like nothing is out of whack and the runoff is close to the input. Pretty much like the rest of the grow! I do stop using some nutes as the grow finishes just because the plant doesn't need them any more...like the Open Sesame or the Armor Si. Flower nutes, cal/mag, Big Bloom, and Terpinator all stay the same.

I keep up my flowering nutes until I chop as long as the plant looks like nothing is out of whack and the runoff is close to the input. Pretty much like the rest of the grow! I do stop using some nutes as the grow finishes just because the plant doesn't need them any more...like the Open Sesame or the Armor Si. Flower nutes, cal/mag, Big Bloom, and Terpinator all stay the same.

Thanks for your input! I think I’ll remain with regular regimented feeding until chop day!!

Canna Hash caps!

Success! Made these amazing Hash Canna caps today!! Awesome success and man am I buzzin!

5G. Gold seal hash broken up and decarbed at 250’F for 30 mins let cool and add in to 1/4C of coconut oil and 1tbsp of lecithin granules.

Back in oven for 2hrs at 250 stirring every 30mins to break down hash and melt fully!

Remove from oven and let cool to room temp or cool to touch.

Begin filling gel caps! In my case I used “00”
And I get about .90ml per cap

I broke my measuments down and calculated a rough mg/cap and came up with about 55mg/cap which is a great dose !

Here’s some pictures any questions please feel free to ask !

I ended up making 86 capsules with 1/4 cup! Pretty sweet and I’m loving the glow! Full body buzz and a mellow and a numbing lovely buzz!

Attachments

• 15B4AE4A-AEB0-4D8D-B2AD-C73503C4DFA9.jpeg
    15B4AE4A-AEB0-4D8D-B2AD-C73503C4DFA9.jpeg
    408.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 86E40887-23D4-4A29-B7F6-0D75F178DA0F.jpeg
    86E40887-23D4-4A29-B7F6-0D75F178DA0F.jpeg
    688.2 KB · Views: 29
  • A23FF144-523A-4DEF-BBDE-3ED5C409A1D5.jpeg
    A23FF144-523A-4DEF-BBDE-3ED5C409A1D5.jpeg
    670.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 9F4B36C0-DDB8-4021-AFE4-6CC550888993.jpeg
    9F4B36C0-DDB8-4021-AFE4-6CC550888993.jpeg
    607.6 KB · Views: 26
  • B2E20C20-8E9B-45B7-8315-A1019A8AE0D1.jpeg
    B2E20C20-8E9B-45B7-8315-A1019A8AE0D1.jpeg
    620.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 17D4B3F5-A75D-4D29-99A0-8D80FF2D9F1C.jpeg
    17D4B3F5-A75D-4D29-99A0-8D80FF2D9F1C.jpeg
    324.4 KB · Views: 46
  • BC889A8B-CE94-42BC-A8AE-39988C8D944D.jpeg
    BC889A8B-CE94-42BC-A8AE-39988C8D944D.jpeg
    453.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 99F2CC56-3172-44BB-9035-0637939EBD4E.jpeg
    99F2CC56-3172-44BB-9035-0637939EBD4E.jpeg
    400.2 KB · Views: 29
  • D913D50D-82A5-47C7-960D-BF300AD8EBA7.jpeg
    D913D50D-82A5-47C7-960D-BF300AD8EBA7.jpeg
    360.1 KB · Views: 26
@InTheShed
ECS reset.... I’ll look into that! I love my herb though! Holds a special place in my heart and helps me with a lot of my of my back issues and muscle pains from years ago.
Just wanted to say I really didn't mean to intrude on your cannabis usage Dutch and I'm not making any kind of judgement here. But my ears pricked up when you said 55mg THC per capsule and thought you could make your harvests go a lot further if you can get through a reset.

I remember SweetSue saying that the ECS receptors begin to retreat after a while and take up less cannabinoids over time, and that it takes something like 48-72 hours to return to their regular state. The rest of the reset has to do with reintroducing your meds slowly to find the correct new dose.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom