Dutchman’s 1st Grow Ever: 2018

So was checking out the girls today both of the widows are getting close now!!

WW1 is mostly cloudy at about 90% and a few random ambers about 3% maybe here and there.
1FFEF4CD-3205-499C-8039-1DFD1AB88B93.jpeg
AE63C0E1-0E79-4D62-A61E-07CE8FD18997.jpeg
AFCD3A23-6E42-455E-B6B2-75717014BC0F.jpeg
AE63C0E1-0E79-4D62-A61E-07CE8FD18997.jpeg
AFCD3A23-6E42-455E-B6B2-75717014BC0F.jpeg
75317419-A8AA-4D0A-A359-F5307C3EA6FF.jpeg

WW2 is a little bit behind with about 80% cloudy few clear still and no Amber yet.

I am pulling out my Loupe tomorrow so I will get some great shots for everyone!

I think my WW1 will come down after her pot dries up from feeding today. Gives her about 4-5 days I think? Any thoughts are great on harvest time since this is my first !!

WW2 won’t be for about another week probably! I think !? Lol
Thanks everyone !

Just wanted to say I really didn't mean to intrude on your cannabis usage Dutch and I'm not making any kind of judgement here. But my ears pricked up when you said 55mg THC per capsule and thought you could make your harvests go a lot further if you can get through a reset.

I remember SweetSue saying that the ECS receptors begin to retreat after a while and take up less cannabinoids over time, and that it takes something like 48-72 hours to return to their regular state. The rest of the reset has to do with reintroducing your meds slowly to find the correct new dose.

:Namaste:

Not to worry at all pal! I’m always interesting in being able to reset and get better use from my meds! I know I have an insanely high tolerance and I only have a few friends who are like myself. That being said if it does only take about a week for me to reset I would be absolutely willing to try it and see where it leads me !

Pics look great and so do the trichomes! Nice job :thumb:. If you want the WW to lean indica you could wait for more amber but if you want a more sativa heady high then don't let it get more than 5% or so. Penny and I were just talking about that, how cloudy is peak THC and clear is not there yet, but amber means the THC is degrading into CBN. Gotta decide which side you want to be on with it.

Not to worry at all pal! I’m always interesting in being able to reset and get better use from my meds! I know I have an insanely high tolerance and I only have a few friends who are like myself. That being said if it does only take about a week for me to reset I would be absolutely willing to try it and see where it leads me !
Always worth a shot!

Pics look great and so do the trichomes! Nice job :thumb:. If you want the WW to lean indica you could wait for more amber but if you want a more sativa heady high then don't let it get more than 5% or so. Penny and I were just talking about that, how cloudy is peak THC and clear is not there yet, but amber means the THC is degrading into CBN. Gotta decide which side you want to be on with it.

How fast do they change? So say if I have 3% Amber now on the WW1 would she have 5% Amber in 7 days? 5days? Tomorrow?

Hey @MrSauga do you have some photos of your girls that your chopping and some of the process !? Interested to see how your getting along! Hope all is well there pal!
Sorry Dutch, just seen this now. I didn't take any pics but I will have the rootball out tomorrow and I will grab a couple of that. I'll get pics of the ones hanging before I bag them tomorrow. My other girl is coming down tomorrow I think as well. Maybe the next. And the tent is about to pop as well so I'm gonna have my hands busy.

@Doc Bud
Hey Doc! Hope all is well and your having a good week! Had two quick questions about your bud washing if you don’t mind.

1- Can 3Gallon pails be used instead with 1/2C of lemon and a 1/2C of baking soda.

2- I have a drying net... once buds are washed should they hang dry for 12-24 hrs before being placed in the net or wash let them drip dry and place in dry net?

Just curious and would love the masters opinion! Thanks again Doc!

October 10 - Day 73

Hey everybody! Hope everyone is having a good week so far!!

Oh Heck Yes !!! 7 more days till Legalization here in Canada! Can’t wait and I’m sure all my fellow Canadians here are just as excited!

Ok so, temps warmed up here a bit last couple days been beautiful out and it’s been great sitting outside enjoying the deck and the sunshine.

So as for today I used my loupe to snap a few pictures. Yesterday I had the microscope out and took some really zoomed photos of the trichs but figured I could get everyone some better ones today! I think WW1 I am going to harvest tomorrow or Friday !!:yahoo:First Harvest !!
Woohoo:slide:and WW2 will be coming down next week I think on the 17th !! Perfect timing :cool:

I’ll try and get some better shots with the microscope tonight to really show the majority are cloudy and a few sparse ambers are showing up!

Happy Days everyone please have a taste of this Purple Kush:rollit:and enjoy !

WW1 Full-size! She has gotten soooo fat and SHE STINKS!!
367F7A5D-48B2-4FA0-8A26-CC586FB39542.jpeg

Attachments

• 086C1D70-68F3-4E38-9E40-91CE018E424D.jpeg
    086C1D70-68F3-4E38-9E40-91CE018E424D.jpeg
    810.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 510AA819-2172-4939-90D4-E7DD6844A0B2.jpeg
    510AA819-2172-4939-90D4-E7DD6844A0B2.jpeg
    599.9 KB · Views: 30
  • EDB0A992-0A04-4D97-8016-FF075AAF3664.jpeg
    EDB0A992-0A04-4D97-8016-FF075AAF3664.jpeg
    513.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 2825E79D-1288-408C-B95F-4AE6AF2B2951.jpeg
    2825E79D-1288-408C-B95F-4AE6AF2B2951.jpeg
    533.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 4F7DCB9D-186D-44A4-A992-CCE79C2E432F.jpeg
    4F7DCB9D-186D-44A4-A992-CCE79C2E432F.jpeg
    514.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 2760DBEC-7357-4A22-8CD7-E4D1CCD8EFD7.jpeg
    2760DBEC-7357-4A22-8CD7-E4D1CCD8EFD7.jpeg
    511.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 48EB5613-D9F7-4BDB-9B3E-31BC00539375.jpeg
    48EB5613-D9F7-4BDB-9B3E-31BC00539375.jpeg
    814.4 KB · Views: 31
Looking GREAT there buddy! Chop day soon enough... let those leaves color up a little. You'll have a nice stash.

RE: Budwashing - use whatever you have it works every way.

I like to use large flat tray type containers that people use to put stuff in and tuck under the bed. Can set that up on a kitchen table and just swish the long colas back n forth then hang them up to dry.

Harvesting, drying and curing are AS important as growing. So do not lighten up yet your job is not over.

When to trim?

This is done lots of ways so find the way you like.

I prefer to hang colas (or the whole plant) wash if I want to, and hang upside down until buds are dry (but not too dry) then trim the colas down to buds and into containers with Bovita packs for curing. Thats how I do it. There are many variations.

I find trimming fresh buds - specially the ones the size you have to be very very tedious and time consuming. Its easier and less work for me to trim dry flower.

To each his own on that for sure. The important thing is getting your flowers to the proper "dryness" and into containers at that time.

I find hanging whole colas or whole plants to be more forgiving in that IF my buds are dry if I wet trimmed them they can get too dry if life gets in the way and I don't take the time to store at the right time.

I think what I'm trying to say is with hanging colas you have more wiggle room for trim and storage than you do if you trim wet/fresh. You can let hanging branches dry extra for a day or 2.

Looking gooooood Dutch. Still got a week at least left i reckon. I wouldn't go by the trichs at the top buds either go a little lower and check those :D
Those are your first two plants? Amazing job Dutch :bravo:.

I'm thinking you still have time based on what I'm seeing in the pics. Still clear and no amber from what I can tell. Try to get shots of the calyxes rather than just the sugar leaves when you look. Sugar leaves get amber while the calyxes can be mostly clear.
Looking GREAT there buddy! Chop day soon enough... let those leaves color up a little. You'll have a nice stash.

RE: Budwashing - use whatever you have it works every way.

I like to use large flat tray type containers that people use to put stuff in and tuck under the bed. Can set that up on a kitchen table and just swish the long colas back n forth then hang them up to dry.

Harvesting, drying and curing are AS important as growing. So do not lighten up yet your job is not over.

When to trim?

This is done lots of ways so find the way you like.

I prefer to hang colas (or the whole plant) wash if I want to, and hang upside down until buds are dry (but not too dry) then trim the colas down to buds and into containers with Bovita packs for curing. Thats how I do it. There are many variations.

I find trimming fresh buds - specially the ones the size you have to be very very tedious and time consuming. Its easier and less work for me to trim dry flower.

To each his own on that for sure. The important thing is getting your flowers to the proper "dryness" and into containers at that time.

I find hanging whole colas or whole plants to be more forgiving in that IF my buds are dry if I wet trimmed them they can get too dry if life gets in the way and I don't take the time to store at the right time.

I think what I'm trying to say is with hanging colas you have more wiggle room for trim and storage than you do if you trim wet/fresh. You can let hanging branches dry extra for a day or 2.

Ok so here’s a better look for you guys on WW1

She has quite a few ambers you can see it really good in this photo
C9CD1D22-AB91-4969-87A3-7A04F2852552.jpeg

This was from midway down the plant on a lower inside bud closer to the middle of the plant. Hopefully that’s explained well! Lol

Nice work, Dutch! :welldone:

Thanks Krip!! I’m really close now!

Those are your first two plants? Amazing job Dutch :bravo:.

Yes my first that are ready to come down of my first 4 ever grown!! I’m really happy so far and want to make sure I do a really good cure!! I’m not stopping learning anytime soon and I look forward to YEARS of growing and learning and teaching what I have learned to others!!

OK. As promised !!

Some dirty up close and personal trich shots and not only from WW1 but WW2 she’s a bit closer than to her sister than I thought!

White Widow 1

White Widow 2

How’s that ?! Hopefully that shows them calyx’s better !

Back
Top Bottom