Duggan Does Gorilla's - Double Berry's In Doc's Gear - Four Plants - One Kit

A very good Friday morning to ya's gang! The girls got another big drink last night. It was a Drench w/ G.E. and a lil Tea. Each pot got 5 gal's....gulp!:) Can't wait to see how they look tonight....next two drinks will be straight water (as per instructions!!!) then they will get the first of two CD's w/ Tea. So , some will notice this is a lil later in bloom for the CD. I have gotten in the habit of giving it a bit later than directions say.....just going by my produce at the end, i'm 'in a groove' with Doc's gear and this is my way...i guess:) I'm getting better at timing my Drenches just so....I like giving a good Transplant drench after Bloom has been triggered to stimulate sexual expression then follow up with GE after some bud size has been already achieved...seems to work well for me this way. Anyhow , everyone have an awesome Friday....cheers gang!:circle-of-love:

Good morning Dickie,...no problem , everything will come together OK. Just try and relax and we/you will do one thing at a time OK. First thing ,..thank you very much to Ween for the help with this . Ween , cheers my brotha:)
Ok Dickie , yes, as Ween said, EWC are Earth Worm Castings or 'worm poop' . We use these in our soil to provide nutrients and humus.They are a great addition to any soil and can be 'top dressed' and 'worked in' a bit .How big are those pots they are in now?
Order Doc's. 'kit' asap and as Ween said , you can use some of it for this grow. With the lil sprouts or seedlings , i wanted you to take them out of those pots ...just for an hour or so to re work your soil...if they are in big pots already of just Pro Mix OK...understand bud? If the pots are smaller and you will be transplanting to bigger one's then let them be and we will address the soil in the bigger pots , got it? OK, at your Hydro store or local nursery buy a bag 10-15 kg. of EWC's and a bottle of some Fish fertilizer. Get organic if possible OK. I would like to see you add some minerals too but that's difficult at this stage.
Ok Dickie,.."micro herds" are the tiny microscopic organisms that are present in any 'living' soil. They eat things that are in the soil (rocks , fish juice minerals etc)and then they excrete things that feed the plants Ok. That description sucks BTW :)
Don't worry about the "Tea's' just yet OK. Lets do this lil by lil and try and get a nice crop in for you. Please get a 'kit' from Doc as soon as possible and get some soil cooking properly OK. Keep reading lots around these parts and ask lots of questions....members around these parts will help at every chance and will NOT steer you wrong OK.
After you get some EWC's, carefully remove your seedlings by scooping them out of their pots with a big , deep (4 inches)scoop making sure to get all the root/s. Just set them aside while you work in a couple good handfuls of EWC's...after it's all mixed in then re-plant the seedlings ...very carefully OK...got it? This is not optimum but we can make things work OK. Cheers Dickie:)

Thanks again Duggan for all your help. Can't explain how much this helps and takes all the guess work out of growing for me. I will do all this today and stop by the hydro shop this morning. In those intake and exhaust fans what type should I get? And also where should I place them on the GH? You mentioned ground level and at the top. Should intake be at the bottom and exhaust at the top?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I was curious about your CD timing...how many days are you in bloom now and roughly how long in to bloom do you give it? From what I've seen it is usually 3 weeks from flip and you are probably close to a month yeah?

:passitleft:

They have been 'in bloom' for about ten days now and about 20 or so since 'flip' So they will get their first CD in about 12-15 days, so ya about a month or so after 'bloom 'start instead of the two weeks as per instructions. It's just a matter of timing Nis...like i said i like to give a good Transplant Drench at 'bloom start'...then water, water then GE, then water , water then they get the CD's. By that time they are very well developed and have a lot of substance to the buds and colas. This is when i give the CD's and i always have time to give at least one/two more GE Drenches , so....it works great for me . :) Remember Nis ...Transplant is geared to reproductive growth , while Growth Energy is geared to bulking up and growth. I just try and use the Drenches as best i can. I'm starting to 'get it ....i think!':tokin:

Thanks again Duggan for all your help. Can't explain how much this helps and takes all the guess work out of growing for me. I will do all this today and stop by the hydro shop this morning. In those intake and exhaust fans what type should I get? And also where should I place them on the GH? You mentioned ground level and at the top. Should intake be at the bottom and exhaust at the top?

Yes, you are correct,...get a good 6inch inline fan with flange (to attach to filter)and a 6" carbon filter. These will set you back around 300-350 for both OK. Don't get a four inch , go for a 6 OK! Hang the fan/filter combo (after you build it on the ground!) at the top , out of the way with a very short pc. of ducting going outside OK. I also want you to wrap the ducting with fiberglass insulation, to help with the noise of it all OK. Make that duct as short a run to the outside as possible OK, and plan out where you want that exhaust to go...i would suggest on 'your' side of the GH. That takes care of your very 'all important ' exhaust. That is a major investment and will serve you well...don't 'cheap out on that combo OK. ( i use ..many others too, an Ostberg 6inch inline fan with a Can #33 carbon filter)This set up costs me 400(Canada) almost five years ago now and is STILL working great but i noticed last crop of Green Cracks that the filter was having a hard time cleaning all the air....it was supposed to only last up to 18 months , but a few lil tricks i have, have helped it survive and perform much longer than that. Get a speed controller for this combo too ...very important OK...more on this later.
OK with your intake. make that a hole or rectangular cut out very close to the ground cuz the air is a lil cooler there ..got it? just make a hole some how and install a grill over the hole to keep out the light and critters OK. I would prolly install a fine mesh screen there too , just to help keep any bugs out...very important OK! You looking at lights yet? Cheers Mag!

Hi Duggan, I just read your post on feeding the GE/tea drench...and wouldnt you know it, a question came to mind.:hmmmm:

Do you alter the GE/tea amount since you have less plants than the six in the instructions?

Happy Friday
DL

No, the two pots get a full amount divided by two..of course. It's all about the total soil volume ..not how many plants OK. These two pots are about 8 gal's or so over a 'kit' that's why i have more DBHBB soil here , on hand to top up both pots after transplanting. Good Q though DL...cheers brotha!

Yes, you are correct,...get a good 6inch inline fan with flange (to attach to filter)and a 6" carbon filter. These will set you back around 300-350 for both OK. Don't get a four inch , go for a 6 OK! Hang the fan/filter combo (after you build it on the ground!) at the top , out of the way with a very short pc. of ducting going outside OK. I also want you to wrap the ducting with fiberglass insulation, to help with the noise of it all OK. Make that duct as short a run to the outside as possible OK, and plan out where you want that exhaust to go...i would suggest on 'your' side of the GH. That takes care of your very 'all important ' exhaust. That is a major investment and will serve you well...don't 'cheap out on that combo OK. ( i use ..many others too, an Ostberg 6inch inline fan with a Can #33 carbon filter)This set up costs me 400(Canada) almost five years ago now and is STILL working great but i noticed last crop of Green Cracks that the filter was having a hard time cleaning all the air....it was supposed to only last up to 18 months , but a few lil tricks i have, have helped it survive and perform much longer than that. Get a speed controller for this combo too ...very important OK...more on this later.
OK with your intake. make that a hole or rectangular cut out very close to the ground cuz the air is a lil cooler there ..got it? just make a hole some how and install a grill over the hole to keep out the light and critters OK. I would prolly install a fine mesh screen there too , just to help keep any bugs out...very important OK! You looking at lights yet? Cheers Mag!

Duggan check these pic for me please when u get a chance. One is a 8" and one is a 6".. don't know to much about them. Is the 8" to big? I know one is wright for the 6". I wanted to know is this 8" good for either the intake or exhaust?
420-magazine-mobile1718574039.jpg
420-magazine-mobile354200202.jpg
420-magazine-mobile476726472.jpg
420-magazine-mobile144078098.jpg

Dickie,..you around?.....you will need to build those two (fan and filter) as a unit , on the ground , then get some help to hang it OK. The pair will be very heavy and awkward to handle. You can use that 'jack chain' or something similar to hang it with . Try and hang it as close to the top as possible,..this way it will be a big help ,...exhausting 'out' the hottest air, at the top. Cheers.

Ok thanks again Duggan.. almost have everything I need.. picked up a few 15 gallon pots. I know how much you stresss on those big pots..lol..I know I should have went bigger but they didn't have any 20 gallons left..One day I'm gonna build those Flower beds I've been seeing on these post that people are building really cool looking..

Ok thanks again Duggan.. almost have everything I need.. picked up a few 15 gallon pots. I know how much you stresss on those big pots..lol..I know I should have went bigger but they didn't have any 20 gallons left..One day I'm gonna build those Flower beds I've been seeing on these post that people are building really cool looking..

Yes, those ones like Canna and Nis built. Yes, they are cool , for sure. They're gonna have some nice big , healthy plants come outta there:) Now , using Doc's gear they are really enjoying growing ....and life. Those 15's. you have will work great for you, you can grow fairly large plants with those. When i won POTM , that was n MK -Ultra in a 15-18 gal. pot...like what i use now but a bit smaller round.
Dickie , have you rounded up the fans for circulation yet? If i was you ,...growing in that climate, i would prolly have one of those lil 6" 'clip on' fans at every corner of the footprint. These will prove to be very important in your GH. Are you not worried about the noise of your window AC unit. It will be running a lot , come the hot weather down there! How are your neighbors too. Your lil GH will become a 'hub' of activity , so ,hope all is good. Your post count is climbing :thumb:......keep it up, so all these comms can be PM'd OK. Before you do anything with the soil,...give me a heads up , OK , I will help you get that done . Have you got a good 'power bar' and extension cords? good ones,..:)(i'm a 30 year Electrician , so these electrical issues have to be proper)
If you have any electrical related questions , any at all , ask OK,...better than 'thinking you got it right' know what i mean? Anyhow , cheers....goin to watch the Wings lose again....BAHHHH!

Still need the fans I have one going now but will need the four 6" for the corners. Yes I need lots of electrical help... getting kind of worried about that with adding the fans and exhaust. Would really appreciate some advice on that issue of electrical. Especially when I add the lights. Soil I'm going to do tonight if I hear back from you if not I'll wait until I hear from you in the morning. I bought the kit yesterday..Doc said in the email he's out of town about a week. send it right when he gets back..

For your set up, i recommend two 15 Amp circuits. The window AC unit will eat up most of one , so you will need another dedicated one for all your circ. fans, exhaust fan and lights. It's OK , you have lots of room to do it safely , but you need at least one 'dedicated circuit for everything , NOT counting the AC unit ,..it HAS to be on another circuit OK. How do you supply the GH with power now Dickie? Lemmy guess, you have an extension cord running out from the house,...? Your gonna have to make that proper...and a priority. One cord from the house will NOT be good enough. it's a bad idea. We will have to work on that? cheers ...signing off for the night...gotta watch some of the game before crashing,...youngest is in a hockey tourney , second game is early tomorrow morning...night , night.:)

night, Duggs, sleep tight....

Back
Top Bottom