Duggan Does Ace's Zamal Hash With Doc's Gear - Huge Pots & Lots Of LEDs

I have about 20 that are just putting out their second set of leaves that I'm resting this theory on. Out of my home grown seeds they are almost exactly 50/50 make female before when I just planted them and waited to see. Even if this works 90% that would be stellar! Hope it does hope it does hope it does! I'll report back when I know

I just want to interject here and say that Doc Bud has stated that he believes the conditions the seedlings are under determine male versus female. His philosophy is that stress favors males and stress free favors females. Here is what he said:

"How to get females from regular seeds

Avoid all stress! The first 72 hours and ESPECIALLY the first 24 hours after germination determine sex. Stress favors males, happiness females.

Sources of stress:

1. handling the roots. don't use the paper towell method
2. temps too high, rh too low
3. soil too hot
4. not enough light

So, here's my method

1. Room temps in the low to mid 70's
2. Rh about 60%
3. High Brix soil, with Roots! added to the hole you'll put the seed
4. BRIGHT light over the seedling. When I say bright I mean like a T5 one inch above the seedling, or an LED putting out a similar amount of light.
5. soak seeds in water for 12-24 hours, DO NOT LET THEM CRACK OPEN IN THE WATER
6. Plant. Moisten. Wait.

You won't get 100% females doing this usually, although I have. I have also gotten males from "femmed" seeds so nothing is perfect, but using this method you'll have healthy seedlings that are more often than not females."

So some believe a seed is male or female right from the jump while others believe sex is not determined until later on in the life cycle. Interesting.

This method seems to be working even if it's not science exactly. I also heard about germination temperature favoring males or females from regular seeds.

:idea:

Simple yet brilliant Duggan.
Thanks BAR....brilliant.....holy crap BAR, that aint me brotha, but thanks eh! Cheers and you have an awesome day!
duggan...that was back when I still had a job so went to dispensaries at lunch to kill time & boredom. MLI was often available at a small Oakland club, SR71 later Bluebird Cafe, shut down now as part of the now busted Oaksterdam. Decent but not always highest grade. Far less often Patient's Care in Berkeley would have it. PC is a small club that carries the best herb in East Bay....way better than well known Harborside. Indoor for sure but don't know if hydro/soil. I don't remember all that club weed very well, but recall MLI was usually more tasty & didn't make me tired & sleepy like most dispensary indica. Recall a batch that was sorta brownish color that was smooth & hashy tasting. My son loves it & gave me standing order to buy whenever I saw it. Sorry about my shot memory, but I'll ask my son to see what he remembers. He still goes to clubs now & then so will see if he's seen it lately.:Namaste:
Mornin Bright...thanks for taking the time for me....first of all. Ya , if your son has any more info on it at all, i'de be happy to know it.Out of all the strains over the yrs. , I think my hopes are the highest for MLI. I just received word three days ago, seeds are on the way from Herbies! I think i'l germ three , start them in one gal's. as usual then transplant all three into their 26 gal. homes.Hoping for at least one fem. Very excited to try this strain, as I said! Cheers Bright and thanks again my brotha!
you can buy a 30 gallon softee for about 20 bux; you can get 10 x 30 gallon softees of them for about 90bux goo gle 30 gallon soft pots..
Thanks for that Ziggs, others may want an alternative to my homemade big "rootbuilders". Cheers eh!
Would love to hear more about it if your son has any more experience :) Ive got it on my list too for some point down the road.
Very cool CC...I hope youl'e follow along and see how things turn out with them.As soon as I receive them they'le go into the water for germing along with one MK-Ultra and one Zamal Hash, these will be Fems of course. So i'l have five plants veging hoping for at least three females, one of which will be MLI. Hey CC. stay tuned my brotha. I'l prolly start another journal for the next grow just to keep things easy .Have a great day pal!
Evening Duggs! Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Your plants look fantastic! I bet that will be some stellar smoke. On the seed sexing thing. I did it with 4 plants. 3 of the 4 fit the criteria and were all female except the one that didn't. The one that didn't was the only one in the whole pack that came the closest to fitting the criteria. It could all be coincidence but it worked for me. Here is the link:
Neiko my friend, my brotha, it's totally ok , I get it man....we all know just how busy you are with life, it's cool believe me. It's nice to see you though, even though you are busy and rushed ....I appreciate you taking some time for a quick visit! Hope work is going well for you and all is well in your world and with your "lads". Cheers and we'le chat later.
Yeah looking at my seed collection everything seemed to match what that video is saying. My femmed seeds all have the lil but hole and the regs are a nice mix of with and without. If it's really this simple I am going to be blown away that it took this long to figure out :rofl:
Ya eh Smokey ....if this method works it's gonna blow me away as well....even if it works most of the time it'll be better than our customary 50/50 ratio! I'm gonna try with these MLI's. that I got commin....I'm gonna compare them to the fem seeds first ,just to see eh! Cheers and have an awesome day Smokey.
I have about 20 that are just putting out their second set of leaves that I'm resting this theory on. Out of my home grown seeds they are almost exactly 50/50 make female before when I just planted them and waited to see. Even if this works 90% that would be stellar! Hope it does hope it does hope it does! I'll report back when I know
Thanks RB , I'm pretty sure we've got the attention of a lot of growers here on the Mag. wondering how much truth there is to this new method of sexing! Cheers and have a stress free day my brotha!
I just want to interject here and say that Doc Bud has stated that he believes the conditions the seedlings are under determine male versus female. His philosophy is that stress favors males and stress free favors females. Here is what he said:

"How to get females from regular seeds

Avoid all stress! The first 72 hours and ESPECIALLY the first 24 hours after germination determine sex. Stress favors males, happiness females.

Sources of stress:

1. handling the roots. don't use the paper towell method
2. temps too high, rh too low
3. soil too hot
4. not enough light

So, here's my method

1. Room temps in the low to mid 70's
2. Rh about 60%
3. High Brix soil, with Roots! added to the hole you'll put the seed
4. BRIGHT light over the seedling. When I say bright I mean like a T5 one inch above the seedling, or an LED putting out a similar amount of light.
5. soak seeds in water for 12-24 hours, DO NOT LET THEM CRACK OPEN IN THE WATER
6. Plant. Moisten. Wait.

You won't get 100% females doing this usually, although I have. I have also gotten males from "femmed" seeds so nothing is perfect, but using this method you'll have healthy seedlings that are more often than not females."

So some believe a seed is male or female right from the jump while others believe sex is not determined until later on in the life cycle. Interesting.
Mornin Juan....ya ,we'le all see in the next few weeks and months just how valid this method is. We'le all be watching to see. Thanks for your input pal, cheers eh!
This method seems to be working even if it's not science exactly. I also heard about germination temperature favoring males or females from regular seeds.

Mornin Conradino...Pretty interesting stuff eh. Wouldn't it be cool if this method works ....I mean works more than not. As soon as these MLI's. get to me I'm gonna have a really close look and watch the vid. again. Have a great day Conradino, and thanks again for stopping by .

I just want to say the quote/response structure and accuracy of your last post is impressive. I have trouble getting one quote and response at a time to work :)
Well, much thanks RB....first time anyone has given me a compliment for my forum and posting skills....personally I think my posting skills still need a lot of work....my spelling just sucks for one thing and there is so much I havn't figured out yet but I'm working on it ....sort of...:tokin:
No kidding!
Thanks OG....have a stress free day my brotha and thanks for the nice thought!:thumb:
Way to condense it down Duggan :bravo:
Geesh ,you guys are just too kind to me here....thanks again guys.
Click the + for every quote and the last with "Reply with quote"
That's right Dark....just click on the + sign for every quote , then with the last one click on reply with quote...your all set. Cheers guys and once again much thanks for all your kindness and nice words!:circle-of-love:

Would love to hear more about it if your son has any more experience :) Ive got it on my list too for some point down the road.

He recently moved to Sacto area so busy w/ new apt. & job, but I'll definitely ask him for you guys when I can. Can't see how you & duggan will go wrong.....a renowned indica in the hands of good growers. MLI is a foundation indica used in building/breeding modern indicas isn't it? Hell maybe I better add it to my list too. :laughtwo:

Yes Bright, you are correct on the MLI. It's supposed to be the holy grail, as you say of Indica's. Would be nice to have more space to do it right. Oh well, i'l give it my best along with an MK-Ultra and one more ZH. Anyhow , appreciate your comments on it Bright, and your son.
Ok, so tonight they got they're first CD. 30mls. each pot w/ 4 gal's. distilled and a splash of Tea. The buds are far enough along now , so it's time. Resin has started to appear now and looking good. May need some extra support ....dunno yet, kind of still very Sativa looking. So far so good Gang. Have a great night and a good sleep. Cheers.:thumb:

Cheers all my brothas....gotta get to work....whoops!:tokin:

There is that four letter word again and once again 'work' is interfering with important things in life. ;)

OK then gang! How's all my brothas tonight? Hope everyone is doin fine and is havin a stress free day....well almost anyway!:thumb: Took some pics after work showing how the girls are comin along. Finally have some medicine showing! Yeepa , yeepa! It's just about impossible to show a whole plant pic , so just some random shots of tops and resin....you'le get the idea. They've had one CD and will get another later on in the week. These still have another 5-7 weeks left so , lots of time to bulk up alot more! Cheers and have an awesome night all! :circle-of-love:
resin_comin_now_001.jpg
resin_comin_now_002.jpg
resin_comin_now_003.jpg
resin_comin_now_004.jpg
resin_comin_now_005.jpg
resin_comin_now_006.jpg
resin_comin_now_007.jpg
resin_comin_now_008.jpg
resin_comin_now_009.jpg
resin_comin_now_010.jpg
resin_comin_now_012.jpg
resin_comin_now_013.jpg
resin_comin_now_014.jpg
resin_comin_now_015.jpg
resin_comin_now_016.jpg
resin_comin_now_017.jpg
resin_comin_now_018.jpg
resin_comin_now_019.jpg
resin_comin_now_020.jpg
resin_comin_now_021.jpg
resin_comin_now_022.jpg
:Namaste:

YES!!!! There you go Duggan. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Somebody had to jump up and down. I'm less inhibited. LOL!

Hey duggs looking great in there.....hey I see you already have hairs turning........my tester is the only one turning and it's on week 5 of 8.....the white rhino and blue dream have a few of ya look hard but they are 9week strains.....I know the zamadelica is a 11-14 week so she doesn't have any yet......anyway after that jibberish.....lol:lot-o-toke:

I guess I'm noticing yours have way more colored hairs at bout the same stage as 3 outta for of mine....,just wondered.......:passitleft:

Yowza!
Now we're talkin'. Looking most excellent, bro!
In another month they will be on a whole new level. Very impressive.
Have a great evening!

YES!!!! There you go Duggan. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Somebody had to jump up and down. I'm less inhibited. LOL!
Yes...me too Susan! Drop all those inhibitions , ya hear! That's the stuff. LMAO! Thanks eh SS. Cheers my sista!;)
Hey duggs looking great in there.....hey I see you already have hairs turning........my tester is the only one turning and it's on week 5 of 8.....the white rhino and blue dream have a few of ya look hard but they are 9week strains.....I know the zamadelica is a 11-14 week so she doesn't have any yet......anyway after that jibberish.....lol:lot-o-toke:

I guess I'm noticing yours have way more colored hairs at bout the same stage as 3 outta for of mine....,just wondered.......:passitleft:
Yes Nate, i've been wondering that as well. TBH i just noticed them yesterday. Seems a little early for the pistils to be turning.Oh well, it's gonna be fun watching them bulk up over the next 4-5 weeks.Cheers Nate.
Nice bud they are gonna be huge in another month :morenutes:
Smokey, ya , i've been thinken that too...ya know what that means ....support of some kind.Thanks for stoppin by Smokey,....havin a Stella...:thumb:
Yowza!
Now we're talkin'. Looking most excellent, bro!
In another month they will be on a whole new level. Very impressive.
Have a great evening!
Major, evenin ....if all goes as planned ,i'l have a harvest just before Christmas...:cheer: The next month is gonna be fun in the GR. it's that special time again, when they just go crazy for a few weeks. They'le soon get their second CD and that should be just about perfect with the timing of it. Cheers Major , :high-five:
Looking Good!!:goodjob:

It will be a while before I can run my zamal hash! ACE is the place !!
bluez, welcome.I guess you'le be lookin in on these three then eh! So far...so good, with em.They show alot of a dominant Sativa trait....long legs! They are supposed to be a very high yielder too, so we'le see about that!:volcano-smiley:

Just wanted to mention something real quick ....i have put in an order for some supplies fom Doc. Without going into it too much....the money for these supplies was gifted ....with the person (Angel) giving strict instructions too remain private. Since this is the only way i can be sure they know i have used it for enough stuff to last me a while.Thank you so much whoever you are.:Namaste:
Have an awesome night gang and a good sleep..:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom