Dresney's First Grow - Organic - Indoor - GDP - Trainwreck

I have used 10 litre pots succesfully from seed to harvest with no problems. However by the time they were choppped they were really root bound in the pots.

They also needed to be watered every two days or so mid bloom.

This time I'm using 24 litre pots, plants are bigger, healthier and need watered less frequently. Buds also do appear to be better developed and larger, although this may be due to increased experience.

I would say bigger root is bigger buds, but only to a certain extent. Anything over 30 litres or so would most likely be pointless unless you were vegging for 6 months :)

What is the correct US American plural of Leaf ?

In elementary school, my class was taught that the plural form of 'leaf' is 'leaves.' It was probably different in other classrooms, as it they're both officially correct here.

Hi BB :ciao:

Hi Dres :battingeyelashes:

"Leaves" is the only correct plural of leaf.

"Leafs" however is funny to write because it's wrong. So wrong :battingeyelashes:

The only correct usage of "Leafs" is "The Toronto Maple Leafs" (Ice Hockey)

:cheer: GO LEAFS :cheer:

:Namaste:

I believe you are correct.

I think Merriam-Webster gave into all the lazy people and decided to put both spellings in though. :laughtwo:

First time it's steered me wrong! Breaking up with it forever.

I think most people who type 'leafs' probably say 'leaves' if they are speaking out loud, but type it without thinking about it.

Don't ask me grammar and spelling questions, BB. Use your fingers to internet like the rest of us :blalol:

I were teached that leaves am plural of leaf and leafs are possessive of leaf

except for the Maple Leafs which aren't leafs at all, but a group of men from Toronto

Broken pencils are pointless

Hi BB :ciao:

Hi Dres :battingeyelashes:

"Leafs" however is funny to write because it's wrong. So wrong :battingeyelashes:

The only correct usage of "Leafs" is "The Toronto Maple Leafs" (Ice Hockey)

:cheer: GO LEAFS :cheer:

:Namaste:
If you really want it to be broke, Broke Ass Reg will break it down;
I was taught in grade school there's actually two different usages for leaves and leafs. When you're referring to leaves in general the correct term is leaves but when referring to a certain group of leaves such as cannabis or maple it's leafs. Thus you have the Toronto Maple Leafs because they all play for the same team or the Skunk leafs because they're from the same plant. But if you're picking up all the dead leaves from your grow area which came from different plants then the correct term is leaves. Though we've used the two terms interchangeably for so long it's now considered correct in any format.
'
So there; Now it's broken...

I was taught in grade school there's actually two different usages for leaves and leafs. When you're referring to leaves in general the correct term is leaves but when referring to a certain group of leaves such as cannabis or maple it's leafs. Thus you have the Toronto Maple Leafs because they all play for the same team or the Skunk leafs because they're from the same plant. But if you're picking up all the dead leaves from your grow area which came from different plants then the correct term is leaves. Though we've used the two terms interchangeably for so long it's now considered correct in any format.
'

Nice explanation, thank you Reg

Shall we leaf it there now everyone ?

Nice Reg! +Reps for the knowledge bomb:)
Thanxx, just one of those things that stick in the back of your mind from grade school. Since the Maple Leafs team had already been used as an analogy it made it quite easy to explain.

Hi, everyone :ciao:

'

I think this might be a regional thing. I've never heard of this, but Merriam-Webster does include both forms in their dictionary, and it's always been a reliable source for me. (I use a dictionary daily, at least 5-6 times... never too old to learn a new word!)

On a leafier note, I'm doing some feeding today as soon as I can get my booty out of neutral. I still haven't worked out exactly how the clones like to be fed. I think one of them has a phosphorous deficiency. I might also transplant some of them.

Hi, everyone :ciao:

I think this might be a regional thing. I've never heard of this, but Merriam-Webster does include both forms in their dictionary, and it's always been a reliable source for me. (I use a dictionary daily, at least 5-6 times... never too old to learn a new word!)

On a leafier note, I'm doing some feeding today as soon as I can get my booty out of neutral. I still haven't worked out exactly how the clones like to be fed. I think one of them has a phosphorous deficiency. I might also transplant some of them.
As I said, over the years they've become interchangeable. That's why the dictionary list them both with the same meaning. On a leafier note I look forward to your decisions with the clones.

I've been slugging around lately, so all the plants in the garden needed attention today.

I did transplant the last two bubbler clones - what a catastrophe! :trance:

Callisto's (flowering GDP clone) roots had grown into the 1,004 holes I punched into the bottom of the cup, and she did not want to come out of there. I ended up ripping a few roots. I'm sure she'll get over it eventually. (Maybe.)

Io (TW) had grown quite a few roots, but the cup wasn't as full as the others. I had cut the cup down the side to get her out easier, but the dirt just crumbled and didn't come out molded like the others. She had plenty enough roots that I'm not terribly worried about her, but I'm sure she's going to be pissy for a few days.

Here they are in their new roosts.

(Io, Callisto)
0206141.jpg

Callisto, Io and Europa (all the remaining bubbler clones) were fed today. They got 2.5ml SPT, 1.8ml GIG, 1.25ml FP in a quarter-gallon (~1 liter). It was split between the three, with Europa getting a little more than the two that were freshly transplanted. Callisto started showing what looked like maybe a phosphorous deficiency yesterday, so hopefully the feed today will fix her up.

Pascalle v2.0 aka v0.0.1 was also fed today. She got 2ml SPT, 4.25ml GIG, 1ml FP in a quarter-gallon of water. (She also got a little more that was left over after Blanca got her first feed.)

She has a few limbs eligible for hacking off to make new clones. I'm not sure if I'm going to clone more from her yet.

pas20v0206142.jpg

She has some kind of deficiency that just reared its head yesterday. I'm not too worried about it; it's just on three of the lower leaves. I'm hoping her feed today will take care of it.

pas20v0206141.jpg

Loretta(TW) was also fed today. She got 2ml SPT, 3ml GIG, 15ml FP in half a gallon of water.

She is my fat-topped girl.

These photos are from yesterday - 36 days into 12/12 - 28 days since flowering began.

tw0205141.jpg

tw0205142.jpg

Pascalle(GDP) was sporting a major wilt this morning from being too dry. I gave her a good drench - a gallon of water with 2.4ml GIG in it. She's still draining her fan leaves quicker than I'd like. Seeing this, I'm happy I didn't do any defoliation! No pictures of her yet today because she was uuuhhhhgly this morning. :laughtwo:

Blanca(WW) got her first feed today, too! :partyboy: She got 2ml SPT, 2ml GIG, .75ml FP in a quarter-gallon of water. I got run-off giving her about 75% of that, so the rest went into Pascalle v2.0's pot.

Now I need to go rearrange my lights to accomodate the larger pots the bubbler clones are calling home... my least favorite part of growing!

Hope you're all having happy, smokey days!

:green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom