Dresney's First Grow - Organic - Indoor - GDP - Trainwreck

Hi Dres. One of my Sativa Diablos did that, the day after a feed. A week or so ago. I took it to mean it was getting a little too much nutrient, so I cut this one plant back to ¾ strength. It's fine now. Not too serious I think.:peace::circle-of-love:

I'm really sorry Dres I drop in your thread with my picture and with my questions but many experienced growers hang arround your journal (including you :) )
Just out of curiosity, what are those forming on my lady? cant be lady hairs yet, can they ?
wtf17.jpg

Could anyone inform the newb ? :)

Dres, Pascalle looks pretty happy to me. Quite a looker! I don't have advice on your curled leaves, but I don't think it's anything serious yet.

Budstep, you should probably start a thread under grow help or FAQ instead of hijacking Dresney's journal. But your plants are just growing normally. Way too young to show any lady bits.

Hi Dres. One of my Sativa Diablos did that, the day after a feed. A week or so ago. I took it to mean it was getting a little too much nutrient, so I cut this one plant back to ¾ strength. It's fine now. Not too serious I think.:peace::circle-of-love:

Thanks, Mick. This is the first time one of my plants has had an 'issue'. It's a bit unsettling for it to be in early flower. I was hoping for a smooth transition.

) Just out of curiosity, what are those forming on my lady? cant be lady hairs yet, can they ?

Heya, Budstep. I responded on your journal. Just new growth, not lady bits. Totally normal.

Dres, Pascalle looks pretty happy to me. Quite a looker! I don't have advice on your curled leaves, but I don't think it's anything serious yet.

Thanks for the compliment! I hope she stays pretty and this isn't the beginning of a larger, more menacing issue. I think I'll flush her out with a bit of plain water today.

Hey budstep,

Read this page, I asked the same question :)

:high-five: Hi, Sweetleaf :ciao:

Pascalle looks the same today. Both her and Loretta could use some water. They're drinking a lot more since the flip. I'm thinking I'll run plain water through them today and then resume the feeding schedule as soon as they're dry enough. Loretta doesn't have any visible signs of stress, but I figure a flush of plain water can't hurt her.

And it's time for another "I spy" game!
ww0110141.jpg

Happy day here... hope yours is too!

:green_heart:

I had to to like & then unlike your previous post Dres. I like Blanca but I'm pissed at Grumpy. As a matter of fact being I like Blanca & you both let me add one more like so they out weigh the unlike. LOL

Dres, I think you could make a dead twig sprout leaves :laugh:

She's hanging in there.

Congrats on your newborn Blanca.

I watched her unfold all day, checking on her about every 20 minutes. I thought about making a slide-show movie, but the CFL lights were mediocre. Next time, Gadget.

The dead twig.... what about an undead twig? :laughtwo: That's what I'm bestowing upon Loretta v2.0 aka v0.0.1 as of now. The Undead Twig... she just isn't changing much at all. I guess that's better than keeling over though.

Thank you kindly, BB. You're a real sweetie. :circle-of-love:

I had to to like & then unlike your previous post Dres. I like Blanca but I'm pissed at Grumpy. As a matter of fact being I like Blanca & you both let me add one more like so they out weigh the unlike. LOL

You're a hoot, Reg. :laughtwo:

I just don't know what to do with her anymore. I took her dome off today for several hours so far, and she hasn't wilted so I guess that's an improvement. We'll see what she looks like before the lights go out. If she pulls through I'm going to celebrate in a big way. :rollit:

:hug:

looking very nice D, its hard to tell by the pics what is causing the clawing, you seem to have the same problem as i do with my pics, even when i take them in natural light with no flash it makes the plant/ leaves look a lot lighter in colour than the actually are and this makes us think the plant needs more nutues,

what nutes are you using and how much are you feeding and how often, also how often are you watering, also where on the plant are you getting the clawed leaves growing, if its higher up the plant near the top then it could be that the temps got high pretty quick that day and it made the leaves wilt a bit, usually if its getting high temps over a few days then edges of the leaves cup upwards as its trying to catch more wind so it can cool down quicker, so it may of been down to the temps that day so let us know if it recoved within 24 hours,

other possible issues are to much N in the feed but if this was the case then you would have clawing on other parts of the plant as it spreads pretty quick if the nutes are 2 high in the N range,

another possible cause is lack of nutes but again you would notice the lower branches look a lighter shade of green compared with the top leaves, if the plant is not getting enough nutrients then the plant focusses its energy on the highest part of the plant as this has the best chance of getting pollenated due to it being at the top, so check the plant lower down and see how it looks,

as the plant has got bigger its going to need more nutrients, now the downside is you either water more often so its getting more nutes due to the plant getting watered more often or you feed a higher dose of nutes and dont change the watering schedule your following,

over watering can also be a possible cause, if you over water which is very easy to do then the roots start to die and this then gives you problems that look like ph issues or nute def or nute lockout, so many growers decide to flush and notice that the plant keeps getting worse, one major problem with watering is you can dig down 3 inches with your finger and the soil will feel dry so you water the plant, but then at the bottom of the pot where its much cooler and less air circulating the moisture levels can be very high so you keep watering and the bottom 1/4 of the pot is not drying out and this causes you problems and stunts growth, so check the drain holes are ok and not blocked and if the pots sitting flat on the floor raise it up an inch so its got plenty of air getting to the drain holes.

now to answer that growers question on the page before this about some id on a part of the plant, them green spikes all mj plants grow, im not 100% sure on the name without checking but i think its something like petiholes or cotlydons or something along them lines, basically this is not shwoing you the sex of the plant so it can still be male or female, but if its female then you will see that white pistols(hairs) grow from just behind these green spikes,

so keep an eye on it and see how it pregresses and you will know the sex pretty soon, if you have any other questions then please feel free to drop me a pm and ill do my best to answer.

peace

I watched her unfold all day, checking on her about every 20 minutes. I thought about making a slide-show movie, but the CFL lights were mediocre. Next time, Gadget.

:hug:

LOL Glad im not the only one. MY GF is like you know watching them all day isn't going to make them grow any faster. I'm convinced she is WRONG!

Hi, DP. Thanks for such detailed information!

The clawing has really stumped me. It's not localized, but is spread all over the plant, top to bottom all the way around. It's not every leaf though - it's not even every leaf of the same node. There are maybe about 10 leaves like this on the whole plant.

It's only near the forming buds, like in this picture.
gdp0109145.jpg

It's not every budsite and none of the large fan leaves are affected.

I feed them once a week. They usually get watered once between feedings, but it's been different since flipping them on 1/1. They are drinking more than before. I've been judging by pot weight since the flip, but that was only after being surprised by some minor wilt from being too dry (they begin to wilt now after 4-5 days with no liquid).

The medium is roughly 40% worm castings, 30% perlite, 30% vermiculite. It drains like crazy. I get run-off from a half-gallon of liquid in a 6 gallon pot.

I'm using Blue Mountain Organic nutrients. Their last feed was the following mixed into a gallon of tap water (the water sat out for about 2-3 days to evaporate chlorine):

7.5ml Super Plant Tonic - Artesian Spring Water, Worm Castings, Mycorrhizal Fungi, Azomite, Unsulphured (Blackstrap) Molasses, Endo and Ecto Bacteria, and Humic Acid

15ml Grow It Green -NPK of 5-2-5- Artesian Spring Water, High Nitrogen Bat Guano, Worm Castings, Azomite, Unsulphured Molasses, Humic Acid, Beet Root Extract, Comfrey Hay Extract, Alfalfa Meal Extract, Endo and Ecto Bacteria

30ml Flower Power -NPK value of 1-8-7- Artesian Spring Water, Fossilized High Phosphorus Bat Guano, Fossilized High Phosphorus Seabird Guano, Worm Castings, Azomite, Unsulphured Molasses, Humic Acid, Beet Root Extract, Comfrey Hay Extract, Alfalfa Meal Extract, Endo and Ecto Bacteria

They each got half a gallon of this on Sunday. The pH of the run-off was about 6.3ish, I'd say.

The feeding prior to last Sunday (Jan. 5) was done on Monday, Dec. 30th. It was 15ml SPT, 30 ml GIG, 15ml FP.

On Wednesday Loretta (TW, non-clawed plant) was starting to wilt a bit, so I checked the weight of the pots, and they were both dry. I gave them each about 10 ounces of water, maybe less. It wasn't enough for run-off. The pH of the water was about 6.4-6.5. I noticed the clawing the next day.

Instead of doing a big flush today I gave them each a half gallon of plain water with a pH of 6.5ish. There was a lot of run-off. At lights out, which was about six hours post-watering, she was still clawed. It didn't appear to be any worse.

None of her other leaves are wilted, nute burned or clawed. I haven't noticed any bugs. The temps are usually 70-73F (21-23C) during lights on and 63F (17C) with lights off. One night it did get to 61F (16C) when it was -40F (-40C) wind chill outside. The humidity is almost always within 35-50%.

As of lights out today it was about 30 hours since I noticed the clawing. The other plant has no clawing, discolorations or stress of any kind that I can see. :wood:

I think I'm going to go into panic mode if I wake up tomorrow to find that it's worse. :straightface:

LOL Glad im not the only one. MY GF is like you know watching them all day isn't going to make them grow any faster. I'm convinced she is WRONG!

Haha. Sometimes Mr. Dres and I will be hanging out and I'll get up and say, "Okay, I'm going to go stare at my plants." He just snickers and shakes his head.

It's zen-like for me. Watching them grow just makes me a happier person.

The flower room is also the only place I can go where nobody (animals and husband alike) follows me. None of them want to deal with the HPS. I just pretend I'm at the beach. :)

Haha. Sometimes Mr. Dres and I will be hanging out and I'll get up and say, "Okay, I'm going to go stare at my plants." He just snickers and shakes his head.

It's zen-like for me. Watching them grow just makes me a happier person.

The flower room is also the only place I can go where nobody (animals and husband alike) follows me. None of them want to deal with the HPS. I just pretend I'm at the beach. :)

Signs of a grow addict :goof:

Back
Top Bottom