Dresney's First Grow - Organic - Indoor - GDP - Trainwreck

:woohoo: A girl! And your LST looks wonderful! Congrats Dresney!
LA's right- I'm betting that by tomorrow your plants will have turned their leaves up again and you will be readjusting and adding more LST before you know it.:high-five:

A girl!?!!!!! I'm going to celebrate today!!!! Going to take my husband out to a fancy dinner and let them him supersize his fries and everything!

:party::tokin::green_heart::party::circle-of-love::woohoo::theband::party:

Thanks for the heads up, 303Stoner. Apparently LA was going to hold out on me. LOL :rofl:

And thanks, Flower Child and BB. I'm so glad you guys were here for this moment - I'm happier right this second than I have been this whole grow :circle-of-love:

:thanks: all so much! You guys mean the world to me!

Edit: I can't wipe the huge, cheesy grin off my face.

Congrats on the girl Dresney!!!! :bravo: :cheer: :circle-of-love: :high-five:

A girl!?!!!!! I'm going to celebrate today!!!! Going to take my husband out to a fancy dinner and let them him supersize his fries and everything!

:party::tokin::green_heart::party::circle-of-love::woohoo::theband::party:

Thanks for the heads up, 303Stoner. Apparently LA was going to hold out on me. LOL :rofl:

And thanks, Flower Child and BB. I'm so glad you guys were here for this moment - I'm happier right this second than I have been this whole grow :circle-of-love:

:thanks: all so much! You guys mean the world to me!

Edit: I can't wipe the huge, cheesy grin off my face.

Tsk. Girls eh Reg, they're so er err..Girly

Congrats there Dresney. Girls sure now how to party....:woohoo:

Thank you, TanR!!! I've come a long way since you found me wandering on the side of Introduce-Yourself-Road. :laughtwo: It's so nice to see you here. :ciao:

And BB, you know it... along with those supersize fries, I'll be :lot-o-toke::tokin::cough: tonight!

I feel like I'm about to burst in excitement. I had so much anxiety about ending up with 2 males.... such a wonderful feeling to know this grow is going to be fruitful. :slide: Well, as long as I don't kill them off. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I hadn't planned on an update today. Not too much to report except that they seem to be tolerating their LST well. The stem is already growing vertically at the end again and all the leaves have flipped the right way. That didn't take long at all. :partyboy:

They will be getting their third feeding tomorrow and I will take some pictures then. Unless someone really, really wants to see them today. :winkyface:

I'm mostly joking, LA. I have some worries about the nute transition when I switch them to flower though. I've read that people do something special with their nutes before they switch and I'm a little confused about it. That being said, I plan on vegging for awhile longer so I have some time to figure it out.

I doubt I'll kill them, but I don't want to damage them even one little bit. I've spent so much time reading and learning, and I'm really proud of them so far. I think if I burn their leaves, it'll burn my heart a little. :goof:

I really hope I'm not so full of nerves for my next grow. :lot-o-toke:

Thanks for the reps, LA!! :high-five:

>>> I'm mostly joking, LA. I have some worries about the nute transition when I switch them to flower though. I've read that people do something special with their nutes before they switch and I'm a little confused about it. That being said, I plan on vegging for awhile longer so I have some time to figure it out.

Hey Dres, I forget what nutrients you are currently using? And what feeding schedule you are following?

But in any case, when I transition into flowering, the week before, I start with equal portions of bloom and vegetative nutrients. Based on my experience and others, this gives your plant a head start into flowering. And in most cases, it brings out the full sex of the plant if it has not shown already ;)

Heya, AF :ciao:

I'm using some organic nutes from a small company in Arkansas called Blue Mountain Organics. Seems they're not very well-known, but I did a lot of research before I decided which nutes to use, and I must say I have no complaints. My plants have been super healthy so far and have no signs of stress or burn. If things keep going the way they have been, I'll be sticking with them for my future grows too.

The ingredients:

Super Plant Tonic - Artesian Spring Water, Worm Castings, Mycorrhizal Fungi, Azomite, Unsulphured (Blackstrap) Molasses, Endo and Ecto Bacteria, and Humic Acid

Grow It Green -NPK of 5-2-5- Artesian Spring Water, High Nitrogen Bat Guano, Worm Castings, Azomite, Unsulphured Molasses, Humic Acid, Beet Root Extract, Comfrey Hay Extract, Alfalfa Meal Extract, Endo and Ecto Bacteria

Flower Power -NPK value of 1-8-7- Artesian Spring Water, Fossilized High Phosphorus Bat Guano, Fossilized High Phosphorus Seabird Guano, Worm Castings, Azomite, Unsulphured Molasses, Humic Acid, Beet Root Extract, Comfrey Hay Extract, Alfalfa Meal Extract, Endo and Ecto Bacteria

They didn't come with a feeding schedule, but the bottles have generic directions of an ounce per gallon per week. I looked around online and found two feeding schedules. I kind of went in the middle of all the dose recommedations and am figuring it out as I go along. It seems to be working well so far.

They've had two feedings so far (the past two Wednesdays); the third one will be tomorrow. I haven't calculated how much I'll feed tomorrow yet.

The first feeding was 4ml Grow It Green and 11.25ml Super Plant Tonic in ~2 liters of water. They each got half a liter. The second feeding was 6ml Grow It Green and 13ml Super Plant Tonic in ~2 liters of water. They each got a liter.

The nute package also came with a foliar spray that can be used once a week but I haven't messed with that.

:byebye: Dres!

+Reps for the research :thumb:

And that is a nice little line up of nutrients you have there! Okay so just went through a whole bunch of threads on other forums about the wonders of BMO! It seems like people are really really liking it....and that SPT..damn, they really did a good job in including that into the lineup. (If you didn't notice, I am a beneficial-bacteria-kind-of-guy;))

So based on the info I have come across in the last 30 minutes, most growers use the Grow It Green all the way to the first week of flower, then they switch it up to Flower Power at the first week. all the while, using SPT throughout the whole grow process. Everyone has seemed to have good results with the feeding amounts labeled on the bottle so no worries there. I am assuming since you feed weekly, you started off with a 1/4 strength, and have been working your way up the past two feedings? Is 6ml/2ltrs 1/2 strength or full strength?

So this is what I would do in preparation for your flowering cycle. Since you feed weekly, I would determine EXACTLY when my last week of vegetative growth will be before changing your light schedule to 12/12. At the beginning of this week (assuming that 6ml/2ltrs is the maximum dosage you will go in vegetative growth) I would introduce Flower Power at 1/2 strength in combination with GIG. This will help prepare your ladies for the upcoming flowering transition, by providing your plants with the extra Phosphorous and Pottasium (key elements in the flowering process), essentially giving your plant a head start and a fair warning that flowering is dawning!

This will also trigger the early formation of sexual organs, if not mature already (plants usually show sex anywhere from 6-8 weeks from seed, while still in vegetative growth), but as I know, at least one of your ladies has lifted her skirt, no?

As for the SPT, you can't really go wrong with dosage there, as everything in that concoction is beneficial. The myco's help break down any nutrient that your plant is having trouble uptaking (due to pH, lockout, etc.) and basically spoon feeds it to the root system. Scientifically speaking, they form a symbiotic relationship with the root mass, essentially feeding of the rootzone while feeding the plant!
(WARNING: In no way am I a scientist, I am just going off of research conducted from my own 'live' grow:))

But please get bac to me on my question of...
Is 6ml/2ltrs 1/2 strength or full strength?
... because I will be able to provide a more accurate dosage for transition. Although what I described above is fully viable, I know that you would start pulling your hair out if you start seeing burnt tips:laughtwo: (BTW as you gain a few more grows under your belt, you will want to push the amount of feed to the bare limit your plant can handle, ((I do this as well, only after I fully understand the line of nutrients that I am using.)) BUT when that time comes, you will have what I call "an acceptable amount of nutrient burn" where only a couple of millimeter of the leaf tips show the slightest burn. To be able to get to this 'cusp' AND to not go over, will come with experience;))

Side note: I went to the BMO website.....Oh MY:thedoubletake: They have the healthiest munchies I have ever seen

I just might try this line out when I test my organic hydroponics grow, along with a couple of frozen treats :tokin:

!!!!! I'm so glad you approve of them, AG. I don't know of any other growers using them here at 420, so I was a little shy about them.

Here is all that came with the nutes. It was literally 4 bottles in a box with no papers or anything.

nutes47.JPG
nute_instructions.JPG
SPT.JPG

For Grow It Green full strength is 1/2 ounce (15ml) to 1 gallon (3.9L). So my last feeding of 6ml/2L GIG is roughly 80% strength. Full strength SPT is an ounce/gallon = 30 ml/3.9L. I was thinking of going full strength GIG and SPT tomorrow and giving them each a liter. So roughly 7.5ml GIG and 15ml SPT in 2 liters. Do you think that sounds okay?

>>> For Grow It Green full strength is 1/2 ounce (15ml) to 1 gallon (3.9L). So my last feeding of 6ml/2L GIG is roughly 80% strength. Full strength SPT is an ounce/gallon = 30 ml/3.9L. I was thinking of going full strength GIG and SPT tomorrow and giving them each a liter. So roughly 7.5ml GIG and 15ml SPT in 2 liters. Do you think that sounds okay?

If she is showing no signs of stress from 80% strength, then I say go for 7.5ml/2ltrs.

How many more weeks of vegetative growth do you have left, according to your plans?

S

It looks like I like this one a bit more. It has more consistent increments of Flower Power during the last stages of Veg, which basically is telling me that BMO knows that cannabis loves a transitional phase of feed:)

I see no problems sticking with BMO's schedule from what you are already doing. I usually always adjust the companies feed to my own requirements, but it looks like they hit the nail on the head! I would follow their relative proportions, but to know exactly 'how much' to increase by, I would invest in a PPM meter. I feel that it is so useful in determining what strength your nutrients actually are.

BMO-off_sched.png

How many more weeks of vegetative growth do you have left, according to your plans?

I'm not sure about that either. I'm a terrible grower. :icon_roll

I'm probably going to veg them for quite a while longer... at least 3-4 weeks more.. maybe even longer than that. I have a 400 watt HPS on my Christmas list from my mom-in-law and she usually sends presents early. I guess when/if that comes in the mail I could flip. But I also want a fat yield and don't mind the extra veg time. :laughtwo: So... maybe I could count on flipping on January 1st?

Back
Top Bottom