Donpaul.p's Latest 400 Watt HPS Grow

my last grow i used a 400w CMH the whole grow..its ok...just not enough luminsn..now i got a Lumatek 400w HPS...its a 2,050 K...with 60,000 lumins...PAR is 713..a good bulb..atm 7 in. from the canopy..low heat bulb..best bulb on the market..75 dollars at the grow store...less on line...

Wow Miwa that is like the same price as I can get a 400 ballast, hood and bulb for!

Hope it works out for ya and they don't just leave ya with empty promises. But 7 inches away on a 400 watt HPS and it dont burn your hand that close... well that is pretty sick. Watch out for hood reflection heat spots.

DP typically the only main difference between blackstrap and say "grandmas" molasses, is that the grandmas has less micro nutes. The NPK levels are the same.

You have my vote as well dp, I think it's a sure thing. I use grandmas molasses, and my girls seem to like it, then again I'm a noob, so I have nothing to reference. I gave my oldest girl a double dose after a K def popped up, and it helped her a lot. I haven't seen the AK X cherry cheese anywhere, I believe I'm a little envious, lol.

welcome to my journal stealth grow,

feel free to post comments or ask questions,
thanks jimmy, i got my molasses from a health store so should be ok, it dont really give much info on it and it was £2.50 for a big jar, i think its 780grms but ill double check in the morning, should last me ages though,

@dankover, thanks a lot for the vote,
the ak47 x uk cherry cheese is the best strain ive grown and it was one of the very first plants i grew, so far nothing has been as good or better than it yet, the big buddha cheese might if its a true cheese, the sensi star is looking nice as well but the buds are not as fat or covered in trich as much. i need to make some more seeds now so will plant some more in a couple of weeks and cross them with each other, so far the results have always been the same, ive made 2 lots of seeds and it just seems to grow the same each time, ive not had any different pheno types for some reason, so must of been a good strain to begin with,

my plans are to possible cross it with the big buddha cheese, as i think that would be a very nice cross, just depends how the cheese turns out

Wow Miwa that is like the same price as I can get a 400 ballast, hood and bulb for!

Hope it works out for ya and they don't just leave ya with empty promises. But 7 inches away on a 400 watt HPS and it dont burn your hand that close... well that is pretty sick. Watch out for hood reflection heat spots.
..just dropped the light 2 ln...fixing to get one of those 600hps..then i can rock on a 1000.....yeah...it surprize me how cool these bulbs burn...but then i'm in a 10x10 rm...with two windows and lots of fans...my MH is my hottest bulb...

back at your chronic, its nearly skunkday for me, 10min then its skunkday

my 2ltr dwc is still doing ok, the smaller leaves that i couldnt remove have started to get a bit bigger so looks like their going to become fan leaves if it stays in flower long enough, but these leaves are covered in trichs now their growing so should be some nice trim to add to my trim collection, the buds seem to be firming up now as well and slowly getting fatter. i think its got a week or 2 left so this should be the time it puts on the most weight so it will be interesting to see what the heavy defol method did.

i had 2 nice surprizes today, well 3 the first 2 was when i emptied out and old welsh type dresser i got in my living room, i got it from my grandparents when they passed away a few years back, i use it for storing my bud jars and pollen, anyways i emptied it to clean it all out and i usually put my jars on the top shelf in the cupboard part at the bottom, so i pulled all the paper work i had in their out and found a jar at the back of the bottom shelf, i cant even remember putting a jar their, anyway i looked and it had bud in it, it was half full of ak47 x uk cherry cheese, so that was a nice surprize as i had run out of that a while back, luckily it was dry and not freshly jarred as it would of rotted so clearly it was a jar i stashed for some reason,

surprize number 2, i carried on cleaning out the cupboard and found a small pot, the same kind i keep my pollen in, their old fish food tubs from the fish food flakes, anyways i pulled it out and opened it up and it had pollen in the bottom, i looked on the bottom of the tub and it said ak47 x uk cherry cheese fem pollen, my eyes nearly popped out, their wasnt much in their but their was on pollen sac so i gently broke it open and it had some pollen inside it, so i put pollen on one of the sensi star lower buds, the sensi start is a nice smelling plant and has plenty of trichs but doesnt have the bud density of the ak strain, so ive put pollen on one small bud so should get around 10 fem seeds from that, then i put some pollen on the ak 47 x uk cherry cheese i got in flower again their wasnt much pollen so wont be getting hundreds of seeds but if i get 10 seeds off each plant then ill be very happy indeed.

so that was a nice find,
surpize number 3 was to find out im still in front on the MOM contest, i never thought id get nominated let alone be out in front, so a huge thanks to everyone who took the time to vote for me and the other nominees.

after using the molasses ive noticed the ak47 x uk cherry chz has started to look more frosty if such a thing is possible, the smaller ak is not for from harvest so i wont use molasses on it again as ill need to just feed plain water until harvest all thought i am told i dont need to flush when i use --- but i [prefer to not flush but just feed plain water for the last 10ish days, the bud turns out nice and smokes nice so ill keep using that method, i think flushing would just stop the plant reaching full potential as you have just drowned it in water and possibly the roots wont get any oxygen for a week or more due to the flush, so i just stop feeding and give just water until harvest.

the rest of the plants are doing ok, the seedlings and your veg plants are looking good as well and pretty much ready to go into bigger pots, but i dont have the room at the minute until these plants have been harvested, ive fimmed the dragons breath to see how that works out.

so alls well here, hope everyone else is having a great day,

Hello DP, I am amazed at your knowledge of breeding seeds! How is the cheese and ww X skunk #1 coming along? LY was off by one digit, but my little grow I have is doing fine compared to yours, you are doing great. Hope to become friends, because I can learn from you. Subbed by the way, my vcard can be downloaded. I tried Herb.IQ, but I am still in the learning stages, I might stick to excel if I can't figure it out soon enough. Good Day Mate!

welcome to the site sativa, ill drop you a pm and welcome you to the site,

thanks for all the kind words everyone, your all way to kind.

if i get some time later ill put some pics up, the cheese is doing ok and just in the slow stage of seedling but is slowly getting bigger, the wwx skunk is also doing good, starting to pick up the pace a bit now, if i get back to mine early enough then ill take some pics or if not it will be tomorrow when i clean the flower and veg room out.

Back
Top Bottom