Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

From what I understand HIGH BRIX is like RUNNING in STEALTH Mode (or cloaking for you Star Trekers)
Insects just don't recognize them as food :) However if you do have 1 plant with some its probably telling
you that is the weakest plant as the insects will find the weakest one to attack.

Also on another NOTE:
I have been trying to accelerate my learning curve with 1 FUBAR Plant, that is the one plant I
run off the reservation (experimentation). This way I fell I am learning a little faster but so far
I have not made any improvements, only slowed her down
Which means you've found what doesn't work so far

From what I understand HIGH BRIX is like RUNNING in STEALTH Mode (or cloaking for you Star Trekers)
Insects just don't recognize them as food :) However if you do have 1 plant with some its probably telling
you that is the weakest plant as the insects will find the weakest one to attack.

Also on another NOTE:
I have been trying to accelerate my learning curve with 1 FUBAR Plant, that is the one plant I
run off the reservation (experimentation). This way I fell I am learning a little faster but so far
I have not made any improvements, only slowed her down

you're learning more than you realize with experimenting; along while running others by the book :thumb:

Exactly why I'm running multiple grows with same plants. I only post pics from one, lol. Trying to figure out what works best. It does seem the plants like the mix to be on the heavier side for feedings.

The one plant that has couple mites, it's healthy, but it is a little lighter green in color than the rest, not sure if it's the strain or it's missing something. But I did start mixing way ahead with my brix. I haven't used any epsoms, actually I've never used epsom in my life, never needed with synthetic nutes. But the amount of spots is minimal, not very many mites. Not enough for me to worry about lol

It does seem that the girls that's getting heavier feedings are looking better than ones getting 75%. The ones by the instructions look great. I'm trying to speed learning curve up. So far it's almost too easy, hard to mess up too bad lol

I learned long time ago, seems like less is more. The more I try to fix something the worse it gets lol. This is first time I've played around in long time. I did learn that my girls in 20+ gal pots like getting 1 gal of water daily, the like it better than giving 3-4 gal at once or letting them dry out

That, sir, is a great observation! I believe Doc has said that its better to water more often than to soak them... that way you can get more feedings in and the roots aren't bogged down by too much moisture. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I was gifted a jug of Mammoth P by my grow store manager for fixing their AC on a 90 degree day when they couldn't get anyone else to come. I took it gratefully and set it on the shelf in the grow room and never used it. I don't know anything about it except it is crazy expensive. I would be really interested on feedback on how it works with the kit.

That, sir, is a great observation! I believe Doc has said that its better to water more often than to soak them... that way you can get more feedings in and the roots aren't bogged down by too much moisture. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I believe Doc promotes letting the plants dry out between watering a to promote root growth. Part of the kit is drenches. The name alone points to soaking the plant.

I was gifted a jug of Mammoth P by my grow store manager for fixing their AC on a 90 degree day when they couldn't get anyone else to come. I took it gratefully and set it on the shelf in the grow room and never used it. I don't know anything about it except it is crazy expensive. I would be really interested on feedback on how it works with the kit.

Brightlight used it in his grows and didn't see a big difference and definitely didn't see price tag justified. These are PSB colonies, so the only benefit of using them is better P absorption. However if your biology is dialed in via mycorrhizae, you don't need to double down.

I believe Doc promotes letting the plants dry out between watering a to promote root growth. Part of the kit is drenches. The name alone points to soaking the plant.
\

This is true in veg for sure. And he has said to let them dry out in flower but not like we do in veg. I believe he actually said he likes them to still be a bit moist in flower when he gives the next drink. Maybe not water everyday... but hey... I dont know how much water Bucks ladies are drinking either. But yes, drench does kinda point to soaking but I do think I remember Doc saying he doesn't like to soak his big pots. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure. Peace guys! Have a great morning!

A lot of people use it with great results. Growmau5 did a side by side grow with mammoth P and some other brand akin to Mammoth p but cheaper and the mammoth p created denser buds. The end :)

maybe dajerm meant more frequent waterings than to 'flood it', and used word 'drench' for quantity not as a noun? :)

\

This is true in veg for sure. And he has said to let them dry out in flower but not like we do in veg. I believe he actually said he likes them to still be a bit moist in flower when he gives the next drink. Maybe not water everyday... but hey... I dont know how much water Bucks ladies are drinking either. But yes, drench does kinda point to soaking but I do think I remember Doc saying he doesn't like to soak his big pots. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure. Peace guys! Have a great morning!

I have read similar things from doc. He just was explaining last week that his mature Tangy was getting a gallon each day! In a seven gallon pot, that's a lot of feedings he gets in, however that plant was also a very large plant, and lets face it, the Man knows how to grow Cannabis!.

He has also stated that if "your lucky" and have the capability to submerge your large flowering plant's pot when doing a super Drench for example, as we do in veg in 1 gal pots, the soil and plant would love it.

I was thinking about how I could do that....a hoist or block and tackle attached to a homemade gantry on wheels, lift pots up, wheel over to dunk reservoir, lower in, pull out when done, wheel plant back in place!

Ok I'm back to reality, love to daydream.

My big pots are 20+ gal, last night they were kinda starting to get dry, I added 3.5 gal of straight water with no runoff. I'll take a pic when lights come on, see how she looks compared to the other getting just 1 gal.

But seems like my hucks in 12 air pots, one wants a drink at least every other day. The air pots dry out too quick, but do grow great roots.

I gotta get my ppfd up just a little, my light is 18-20" above canopy.
420-magazine-mobile1449072653.jpg

Back
Top Bottom