Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Top of the evenin to ya's gang! Couple pics of C and N's Devils Carnival in third run DBHBB soil.
AAA_Devils_Carnival_into_the_26ers_looking_better_008.jpg
AAA_Devils_Carnival_into_the_26ers_looking_better_006.jpg
AAA_Devils_Carnival_into_the_26ers_looking_better_009.jpg
AAA_Devils_Carnival_into_the_26ers_looking_better_001.jpg

Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone!

Evening high Brix friends

I am looking into picking up one of those bowl trimmers any one here use them?

Reviews on on the big online retail site seem pretty bias on them one brand trashing the other

Found a YouTube vid but unsure if he is sponsored or if it is truly unbiased

Was leaning towards this oneProduct Review: iPower Cannabis Bowl Trimmer - YouTube

So if it's junk please let me know

Also how does it handle our high Brix buds?

I can't get more than a couple of uses out of my grinder till it's all gooed up with HB trichs

And I can't turn it or even get it open

Totally diff then when I grew non HB

I am aware it will not trim as well as hand trimming but I can do finish trimming if necc

I will prob use it as the guy in the video and still hand trim the nice fat colas

Thanks in advance
:Namaste:

Reviews on on the big online retail site seem pretty bias on them one brand trashing the other

Was leaning towards this oneProduct Review: iPower Cannabis Bowl Trimmer - YouTube

I can't get more than a couple of uses out of my grinder till it's all gooed up with HB trichs

I am aware it will not trim as well as hand trimming but I can do finish trimming if necc

I will prob use it as the guy in the video and still hand trim the nice fat colas

Thanks in advance
Evenin HighPo, Doc and gang! Those trimmers are great for people who like to make hash and different things ,..cuz they trim off things that you wouldn't ,...and leave on things that ya want off. Seen one in action and it was good for putting a lot thru fast but , trimming buds like that hurts the quality .Buds are much better trimmed and then hung to dry ,..till on the branches, produces a much nicer , slower dry. Cheers HighPo.:high-five:

Solo cups are kinda weird when it comes to roots, but that doesn't explain the 1 gallons.

How many runs on the soil? If there's quite a bit of organic matter in the soil, microbial action will be decreased. Once you get past 8% organic material, you've lost about 80% of the microbial action.

They are in 3rd run soil and I am very careful about how much leaf I add.
20170221_143948.jpg

As far as solo cups, I don't always keep every clone and I am not sure if I want to keep any of them until the flowering plant is done. I know it's not the best practice but I don't have room to put every one in a 1 gallon. I start seedlings in 1 gallon pots along with clones of known keepers. This has been my practice for about 2 years without issue. I only use soil for 3 runs then I pitch it into the garden.

Thanks in advance

I have tried one in the past and it did not work as well as I had hoped. I had much better results hand trimming. It really did not save me much time if any. I used it on non HB produce and it gummed up pretty quickly and it tore leaves off more so than cut them half the time. In my opinion it is better to just take the extra time to hand trim your produce. I will say that I used a different brand but it was almost identical.

Yeah I recycle some leaves too. I've done 2 runs with my soil this year, 3rd one is gonna have to wait for next season. Leaves are mostly nitrogen, so they'll be consumed quickly. You need carbon to keep the right C:N ratio and for fungi to thrive apart of that, some stems or roots will probably do the job.

Yeah I recycle some leaves too. I've done 2 runs with my soil this year, 3rd one is gonna have to wait for next season. Leaves are mostly nitrogen, so they'll be consumed quickly. You need carbon to keep the right C:N ratio and for fungi to thrive apart of that, some stems or roots will probably do the job.

I do toss a few smaller stems in and the root balls always get recycled.

Isn't there biochar in the Roots! and or Amendment/Recharge?

Hey guys, so I have a pretty small veg cabinet... The fan sits about 5-6" away from my ladies. My question is should I leave it off until the leaves have absorbed what they will? You know, to keep the fan from drying them so fast... or does it even matter? Anyone know the average absorption rate? Maybe a length of time in which you leave the fans off for maximum absorption? Probably a silly question

Isn't there biochar in the Roots! and or Amendment/Recharge?
I add some biochar when I cook it for the first time, so it gets recycled.

Hey guys, so I have a pretty small veg cabinet... The fan sits about 5-6" away from my ladies. My question is should I leave it off until the leaves have absorbed what they will? You know, to keep the fan from drying them so fast... or does it even matter? Anyone know the average absorption rate? Maybe a length of time in which you leave the fans off for maximum absorption? Probably a silly question

I wouldn't worry about it much.

Hey doc, since I got back home my girls have been little droopy, not sure what problem is, I raised lights the other day, thought that might be an issue.
420-magazine-mobile1706836284.jpg

Temps=77
Leaf temps=79
Humidity =61%

Yesterday I gave some water+trans+ tea. I'm wanting to flip, but not till there better. 2 of bigger girls are in 20+ gal pots, the hucks are in 12 gal air pots

Geez, sorry guys. I am obviously speaking of the foliar sprays... guess I wasn't fully awake with my earlier post.

Back
Top Bottom