Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Was wondering if you guys could lend a hand. I have 3 plants in particular that just seem to be on pause. The first two were seeds put in soil on 8/8 so they are almost a month old and maybe 4 inches high:

DSC_003090.JPG

DSC_0029100.JPG

The next one is also from seed, it's about a week above ground and I am not seeing much progress at all:

DSC_0028104.JPG

All on first run soil cooked more than a month, temps around 75 and humidity a little high around 60, but can't get it down. Any thought and ideas are appreciated. I have plants from seed that were planted both before and after the first two that are doing well with no issues.

Was wondering if you guys could lend a hand. I have 3 plants in particular that just seem to be on pause. The first two were seeds put in soil on 8/8 so they are almost a month old and maybe 4 inches high:

DSC_003090.JPG

DSC_0029100.JPG

The next one is also from seed, it's about a week above ground and I am not seeing much progress at all:

DSC_0028104.JPG

All on first run soil cooked more than a month, temps around 75 and humidity a little high around 60, but can't get it down. Any thought and ideas are appreciated. I have plants from seed that were planted both before and after the first two that are doing well with no issues.

Hi brix,

Do those cups have holes in the bottom? Looks to me like overwatering. How often do you water and how much? What do the roots look like?

Cheers!

DSC_003090.JPG

DSC_0029100.JPG

DSC_0028104.JPG

This looks very much like overwatering. I had the same problem when I first started. Lost 30 dollars worth of seeds right off the bat

This looks very much like overwatering. I had the same problem when I first started. Lost 30 dollars worth of seeds right off the bat

Yep, i did the same and mine looked like this too.

These might be hosed and worth starting over since they've been going a month. THat's a lot of stress.

Let that soil 100% dry out before you water....I start seedlings in a 1 gallon plastic pot with holes in the bottom and typically go at least 10 days between waterings.

Duggs how are ya bud? Just started another batch of soil ready for round two

Mornin to ya SF...yup , doin good. Takin the youngest fishing today! He wants to catch a trout at the local Trout Farm. Told him it could get expensive . at 5 dollars a pound...with a 5 dollar admission fee and a rule that , ya keep what ya catch! Should be a blast ...right up until we leave and have to 'settle up' ...LMFAO! The guy said they are anywhere from 2 -5 pounds , but can get bigger...yikes..LMAO! Have a great weekend SF ,Doc and Gang!:circle-of-love:

DSC_003090.JPG

DSC_0029100.JPG

DSC_0028104.JPG

I'm really not a fan of solo cups. If those are clear, as they appear to be by the pics, the roots are getting exposed to light, which is bad.

They also look overwatered and even salty. If you can get them out of those cups GENTLY and get them into a gallon pot like I recommend I think you'll get a nice recovery.

Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Doc, Leaf Wash question...how long into bloom, if at all, is latest to use it?

I believe doc has said that after trichomes have begun to form, leaf wash should not be used. Also and I could be wrong, I think he said it could be deluded for late flower but that could be my imagination.

Hi brix,

Do those cups have holes in the bottom? Looks to me like overwatering. How often do you water and how much? What do the roots look like?

Cheers!

Yep, i did the same and mine looked like this too.

These might be hosed and worth starting over since they've been going a month. THat's a lot of stress.

Let that soil 100% dry out before you water....I start seedlings in a 1 gallon plastic pot with holes in the bottom and typically go at least 10 days between waterings.

Agreed SF...this is overwatering...a classic look,..especially with proven , performing soil.

I'm really not a fan of solo cups. If those are clear, as they appear to be by the pics, the roots are getting exposed to light, which is bad.

They also look overwatered and even salty. If you can get them out of those cups GENTLY and get them into a gallon pot like I recommend I think you'll get a nice recovery.

Thanks everyone. These are not Solo cups, they are plastic nursery pots that are about 2/3 the size of Solo cups with like 8+ good sized holes in the bottom. I generally let them dry out and pick them up to determine if they need watered, but perhaps I made a misstep with these two. I upcanned them to a one gallon and one of them had roots circling the bottom of the containers, so despite the look up top it was time for a jump up. I have other strains going, so if these don't work out I can always toss them, but I would like to give them a chance. Thanks for the help. I have started putting seeds directly into one gallon pots.

Thanks everyone. These are not Solo cups, they are plastic nursery pots that are about 2/3 the size of Solo cups with like 8+ good sized holes in the bottom. I generally let them dry out and pick them up to determine if they need watered, but perhaps I made a misstep with these two. I upcanned them to a one gallon and one of them had roots circling the bottom of the containers, so despite the look up top it was time for a jump up. I have other strains going, so if these don't work out I can always toss them, but I would like to give them a chance. Thanks for the help. I have started putting seeds directly into one gallon pots.

Roots circling the bottom=water roots. They weren't drying out.

Back
Top Bottom