Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I believe the Leafs used for the SAP Readings should be taken from the middle,
Not New leafs (still pulling nutrients) Not Older leafs, these have less mosture
and give a higher reading.

I Have been told to take newest fully mature leaves, this is usually somewhere
in the middle area closer to the top.

At least this is how I understand it, could be wrong but think this to be correct

Yes this seemed to make a difference. The more healthy leaf from the upper canopy had a higher reading

Considering the foliar sprays, should the leaves be washed first when taking a brix measurement for accuracy?

I had an infestation of whiteflies which left their honey behind, and I tried washing off the test leaves, but it messes with the moisture levels and you won't get an accurate reading. No can do. :straightface:

The foliars don't remain on the leaves for long - it gets absorbed. You could spray the plant with water in the morning and take a reading later, but I didn't find that it was necessary.

I want a spectrometer so I can see how much my plants hate me xD guarantee they're not above an 8.

I don't want to like that post, to me it would sound like and insult if I did
but I bet they read a little better than that :cheer: and even still not every strain
or grow does it best, I like to place the blame on my inexperience and expect it will improve :;):
I can't believe my plants could hate me, I love them so much

I don't want to like that post, to me it would sound like and insult if I did :) but I bet they read a little better than that :cheer:
and even still not every strain or grow does it best, I like to place the blame on my inexperience and expect it will improve :;):
I can't believe my plants could hate me, I love them so much
Just a figure of speech. There's nothing wrong with my plants that I can see. I just tend to take a lot of clones, bend them and tie them down, and sometimes crack their branches on accident. just makes me think of them despising me for it haha entertaining thought, nothing else.

I had an infestation of whiteflies which left their honey behind, and I tried washing off the test leaves, but it messes with the moisture levels and you won't get an accurate reading. No can do. :straightface:

The foliars don't remain on the leaves for long - it gets absorbed. You could spray the plant with water in the morning and take a reading later, but I didn't find that it was necessary.

Thank you, was curious if it mattered or not.

Is this what I need to check brix
420-magazine-mobile1422524848.jpg

The cheapo manual ones work just fine, too - $20 or so.

It's more like a sextant than a multimeter y'know? Seems like an electronic one is like an electric knife.

So guys, what's the most common problem in DBHBB that causes the big fan leaves to turn yellow and die off in veg? I'll try and post some pics when I get home but it's driving me crazy wondering. Thanks everyone!
Thats usually a sign of N deficiency.How many EWC's did you add to your soil batch?Also some strains just do that as they grow too....so....unless it progresses to upper fans...dont worry! cheers bud!

So guys, what's the most common problem in DBHBB that causes the big fan leaves to turn yellow and die off in veg? I'll try and post some pics when I get home but it's driving me crazy wondering. Thanks everyone!

Fan's should not yellow in veg.

Are they the lower leaves, the upper leaves or both? If microbial action was greatly decreased, the plant would start eating the fans first. So, it's most likely a root issue.

How many runs on the soil? Any issues with the environment? Any weird experimentation?

Yeah...I guess? I've literally never paid a bill offline so I can't really compare. It just seems like an unnecessary step and also has the potential to lose your money because the value of Bitcoin for example, shifts like a stock so today you could have 1 bitcoin which is worth so much and tomorrow you could have .89 of a bitcoin which is worth considerably less. So I see pitfalls and not a lot of usefulness except in certain situations.

Now if you mine Bitcoin, that's a different story because you're effectively making money by leasing your processing power at that point I could see why regular stores take bitcoin.

Here ya go ..

Bitcoin explained and made simple | Guardian Animations - YouTube

So for someone who doesn't mine Bitcoin, and doesn't have anything semi illicit to buy, what is the point of buying Bitcoin for your everyday shit you still pay taxes when you spend bitcoin and a "middleman" when you buy Bitcoin. So really I still don't see the point at this time, I get the idea of it becoming fully mainstream but that hasn't happened yet and won't for sometime if it does at all.

So for someone who doesn't mine Bitcoin, and doesn't have anything semi illicit to buy, what is the point of buying Bitcoin for your everyday shit you still pay taxes when you spend bitcoin and a "middleman" when you buy Bitcoin. So really I still don't see the point at this time, I get the idea of it becoming fully mainstream but that hasn't happened yet and won't for sometime if it does at all.

I think the point is to keep the bankers and the financial system we have in place out of the pot for the most part.

I think the point is to keep the bankers and the financial system we have in place out of the pot for the most part.
I don't see how my credit union has any hand in the pot. I don't pay them any fees whatsoever to hold my money. My transactions are recorded but unless you trade hand to hand, your transaction is recorded by something or someone so I still don't see the point.

Back
Top Bottom