Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Ok... so it had been around 30 days since my soil started cooking. I decided it couldn't hurt to toss a few non High Brix trimmings in since I'm all organic as is. I tossed a few cuttings in each bin... it it's been over a week and no fuzz or any chang in the cuttings. They seem to still be just as green and almost as healthy as when I put them there. I was thinking they would at the least have some fuzz covering them by now. What's the professional opinion? Not cooked yet? Temps are around 80 up off the floor 2" soil is in 2 35 gallon trash bins. Thanks guys! Hoping for some good news or ideas. Needing to start some seeds soon in this soil, will I be ok?

Ok... so it had been around 30 days since my soil started cooking. I decided it couldn't hurt to toss a few non High Brix trimmings in since I'm all organic as is. I tossed a few cuttings in each bin... it it's been over a week and no fuzz or any chang in the cuttings. They seem to still be just as green and almost as healthy as when I put them there. I was thinking they would at the least have some fuzz covering them by now. What's the professional opinion? Not cooked yet? Temps are around 80 up off the floor 2" soil is in 2 35 gallon trash bins. Thanks guys! Hoping for some good news or ideas. Needing to start some seeds soon in this soil, will I be ok?

Not a problem. The fuzz doesn't happen all the time, but the soil is definitely cooked. Carry on with confidence.

Did you dust the leaves with Roots!? I do not think you will see the soil eating the leaves without it added, or not as quickly at least. I would listen to Doc though and feel confident that it is cooked by now. :thumb:

Did you dust the leaves with Roots!? I do not think you will see the soil eating the leaves without it added, or not as quickly at least. I would listen to Doc though and feel confident that it is cooked by now. :thumb:

Yep. I try to dust with a small amount of roots when I put more than a few leaves in my soil. I'll also sprinkle a couple ounces of whatever drench I'm feeding too. I just save a dribble and put it over the leaf/roots layer.

Yep. I try to dust with a small amount of roots when I put more than a few leaves in my soil. I'll also sprinkle a couple ounces of whatever drench I'm feeding too. I just save a dribble and put it over the leaf/roots layer.

Me too Gov. Couple handfuls ...dig them in a lil, say a few inches deep, sprinkle with 'Roots', re-moisten, cover up, check in a few days....all gone:)...:slide:

Thank you duggs, been trying to find out past couple days. The quarts is probably what I'll go with, and few more amendments. Thanks, I'll get my order in, I want to get another batch of soil cooking, that way it will be ready.

Great Buck,...ya might wanna order the 'amendment' in bulk too. I usually get 6 pounds ,...that's 4 'kit's' worth. That amount will keep ya happy, happy for a while. Cheers bud!

Hey Yeti, I sure didn't... wasn't aware thats how you guys did it. Good to know, though I'll probably just remove the trimmings and let it be till I start my first DBHBB grow. So excited! Thanks for the replies guys!

Hey Yeti, I sure didn't... wasn't aware thats how you guys did it. Good to know, though I'll probably just remove the trimmings and let it be till I start my first DBHBB grow. So excited! Thanks for the replies guys!

Hey 119...don't take out the trimmings bud,....just dust em with a lil 'Roots' and re cover. It's all good ! Cheers eh!

Is there condensation on the lid and sides? If not, it wouldn't hurt to spread another quart or two of water over the top.

:Namaste:

It should have eaten those leaves by now ... :hmmmm:

Blueberry Twist ,...in Doc's dirt!
BT_s_growing_very_fast_003.jpg
BT_s_growing_very_fast_007.jpg
BT_s_growing_very_fast_006.jpg
BT_s_growing_very_fast_005.jpg

Much thanks Doc..:high-five:

You're welcome. It comes up now and then but it gets buried easily in this vast sea of information. Good luck with your grow bud!

Back
Top Bottom