Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Carnival x Cotton Candy x Colombian Gold
IMG_93794.JPG
IMG_93727.JPG

Sup fellow brixers!

I have a non-related brix question regarding defoliation. These plants are about 2 months since I germination and growing fast and healthy. Basically I've topped each of them twice, with the goal of having 8 main colas all arranged on the perimeter of the pots. For those who are familiar with defoliation, should I be defoliating the fan leaves and the growth tips that are all in the middle? They seem to be small growth tips which are coming from the bottom branches of each of the 8 main colas I have. I'm debating whether or not I should just nix/cut/remove all these middle small growth tips so that the plant's energy could be routed to the main 8 colas. Any thoughts, help, suggestions, comments would be GREATLY appreciated. I've been slowly removing older/yellow fan leaves on the very bottom thus far.

Sour Tangie
20170523_173241.jpg

Critical nev haze
20170523_173228.jpg

Cinderella 99
20170523_173209.jpg

"defoliation" is a term counter-intuitive at times to foliar feeding. Personally, I don't do much of it, but indoor growing has proven to me that it is definitely advantageous to open the plants up a bit so light penetration is improved down the middle of the plant. I would remove some of the fans and all of the lower growth below 3-4 nodes on each branch.

I do it usually once in late veg to shape, then again in bloom (usually right before the cat series, so 2-3 weeks in). Obviously you don't want to strip them as the fans are the "engines" that power the plant, but gentle pruning to remove some of the canopy I've found to be a helpful strategy to improve both the yield and quality of some of those mids.

my .02c

Anyone have any ideas why my latest three plants are dwarves? The oldest is on it's third node and is maybe an inch and a half tall. All three of the youngest are the same way with two of them turning light lime green. All help is appreciated.

You've ruled out ... ?

1. Too much light.
2. Goofy genetics

:cheesygrinsmiley:

You've ruled out ... ?

1. Too much light.
2. Goofy genetics

:cheesygrinsmiley:

1. Same amount of light I have been growing and sprouting with previously. I did however turn it down a bit to be on the safe side.
2. Running three different strains and they are all different breeders. All show the same dwarfism. The oldest was planted almost a month ago, the others planted the first week of the month. My plants usually veg 2 months or so, but these have something definitely going on.

Could the soil being either too hot or not hot enough cause this?

1. Same amount of light I have been growing and sprouting with previously. I did however turn it down a bit to be on the safe side.
2. Running three different strains and they are all different breeders. All show the same dwarfism. The oldest was planted almost a month ago, the others planted the first week of the month. My plants usually veg 2 months or so, but these have something definitely going on.

what soil run are you on?
pics?

The soil isn't doing this......please post pics,

Back
Top Bottom