Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

:thanks:Doc thanks for the bud washing process, the only difficulty I have is I've got this song stuck in my head.
I'm a bud washer, I'm a bud washer, washing buds alright - sung to I'm a girl watcher from the 60's:thanks:

Finally! The Sun is out longer than 2 hrs straight and it's above 65. Mixing some HB soil
IMG_93962.JPG

:)
Now your talkin !!!:thumb::high-five::cheer::bravo:

I have this terrible problem. I can't cut these sugar leaves off. They're too pretty. And this is just the first random bud I picked up to trim. Damn high brix method. Making it harder to trim every day. #thirdrunsoilproblems
420-magazine-mobile2129415406.jpg

Now that's a beautiful thing! Well done!

I have this terrible problem. I can't cut these sugar leaves off. They're too pretty. And this is just the first random bud I picked up to trim. Damn high brix method. Making it harder to trim every day. #thirdrunsoilproblems

Yep. I warned about getting a resin problem You should have flushed it and cut all the leaves off during its lifetime. Then you could have had less resin. Oh....and no dumb foliar spraying, or you'll get PM and a lung infection.

Oh....and don't wash the buds, cuz you'll lose trichomes. Etc. :rofl:

Welcome to the ranks of elite cannabis growers!

Yep. I warned about getting a resin problem You should have flushed it and cut all the leaves off during its lifetime. Then you could have had less resin. Oh....and no dumb foliar spraying, or you'll get PM and a lung infection.

Killin' me over here..... :rofl:

I love everything about this post.

You can't enter that into Nug of the Month since we can't see the nug.

You can't enter that into Nug of the Month since we can't see the nug.

LOL, damned good point! :hmmmm: It's not sugarleaf of the month, eh? Heheh, maybe we need one of those - SOTM.

... fer Pete's sake ...

It actually makes my trimming easier. I simply leave most all my sugar leaves now. Of course most folks that see my stuff at first say, "kinda leafy innit?". I hand them some readers and a pen light and simply say...look and tell me what you'd cut off.

I trim for me, but as I'm trying to educate folks around here.... A pound of feathers and a pound of gold both weigh a pound. If it's covered in resin, you WANT it. Super-dense nugs trimmed really tight aren't as potent or complex as passively trimmed flowers that still have some sugar leaf. Most people get it, but some still judge by looks alone...sad really.

It actually makes my trimming easier. I simply leave most all my sugar leaves now. Of course most folks that see my stuff at first say, "kinda leafy innit?". I hand them some readers and a pen light and simply say...look and tell me what you'd cut off.

I trim for me, but as I'm trying to educate folks around here.... A pound of feathers and a pound of gold both weigh a pound. If it's covered in resin, you WANT it. Super-dense nugs trimmed really tight aren't as potent or complex as passively trimmed flowers that still have some sugar leaf. Most people get it, but some still judge by looks alone...sad really.

I say basically the same thing. "Which part of the bud isn't good enough for you to smoke? Show me any part of your usual buds that have half as much trichomes as this sugar leaf?" They get the point.

Plus it also tells people many things. You can't tumble a nug like this for trichs. So many growers tumble their nugs to steal trichomes for hash. Their nugs are machine trimmed too which scrapes all the trichs off the outside. It also trims away the evidence of deficiencies and insect damage. Leaving nugs like this shows a person that they have been grown properly and harvested with the utmost care.

I say basically the same thing. "Which part of the bud isn't good enough for you to smoke? Show me any part of your usual buds that have half as much trichomes as this sugar leaf?" They get the point.

Plus it also tells people many things. You can't tumble a nug like this for trichs. So many growers tumble their nugs to steal trichomes for hash. Their nugs are machine trimmed too which scrapes all the trichs off the outside. It also trims away the evidence of deficiencies and insect damage. Leaving nugs like this shows a person that they have been grown properly and harvested with the utmost care.

Or one can just buy fake, plastic nugs like you.
:cheesygrinsmiley:

I see what you guys mean. I harvested my first DBHBB grow a month ago and I couldn't trim the sugar leaves off the Bubblegum buds...that would just be wasteful! So many trichomes located there.

420-magazine-mobile1857657879.jpg

This brings up a point I wondered about..Flushing

I read a lot of opinions out there on flushing, but wanted to ask Doc and my fellow high brix gang their experience on this practice.

Preach it! And sell it on the stem too.

I read a lot of opinions out there on flushing, but wanted to ask Doc and my fellow high brix gang their experience on this practice.

I see no good reason to flush in High Brix. I don't do it. On the contrary, I like to have mine pack on the sugar and terps right up to the end. Flushing is a practice born from force-fed hydroponics.

Let me know if you run across any vegetable growers or lavender farmers who flush their crops.

No, we don't flush when growing in living soil! It's totally unnecessary. Save the flushing for hydro growers who feed their plants chemicals the whole grow...they need to flush , NOT us ! Cheers bud!

Back
Top Bottom