Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I run new plants as directed. If they yellow a bit in flower and stall some after the cat drench you know next time to give them a little extra attention.

Thanks Shigg, only in veg at the moment , been veggin for 2 months , running 2 strawberry kush, 1 chocolotope, and 1 blue power.... getting my Cree 3590's from timber this week then I'll be flipping ... excited

Hey Doc, new grower here. I've been hearing great things about high Brix. I've tried reading some of this journal albeit overwhelming for someone like me. I'll get right to it.... Where can I buy high Brix kits?

JoeDaddy
PM Doc...he'll learn ya! :circle-of-love:

..and welcome to HB gardening..

Clone 'em. OC+ is pretty cool, but you'll have better results just going HB. They might be OK....but if there was trouble, you'd kick yourself.

I fully understand what your saying Doc but, I only have one tent and having OC+ plants ready for flower when the soil cooks fully and then having clones in veg really throws a wrench in things. So I thought about it and came up with the idea to submerge the OC+ plants root balls in a tub of water and remove all the soil and prills carefully leaving just the roots. Then carefully spread out the roots in the HB soil and bury them. It shouldn't hurt the plants considering people grow in hydro successfully all the time. Veg them for another week or two and then flip to flower. Problem solved without messing with my plans. What do you think?

Hi Doc n crew! I've got a tacoing issue which I plan on adding a couple tbsp of epsom salt to tonight per Rads suggestion. They are also getting recharge and EWC and straight RO tonight, I am very late with this, +30. She got GE 4 days ago. Just trying to provide as much info as possible. So my question is, should I be giving this plant OG drench going forward?

IMG_20170507_210840.jpg

IMG_20170507_210851.jpg

It's a very odd strain, Money Maker, there are virtually no pistils but lots of trichomes.

IMG_20170507_211018.jpg

IMG_20170507_211306.jpg

Hi Doc n crew! I've got a tacoing issue which I plan on adding a couple tbsp of epsom salt to tonight per Rads suggestion. They are also getting recharge and EWC and straight RO tonight, I am very late with this, +30. She got GE 4 days ago. Just trying to provide as much info as possible. So my question is, should I be giving this plant OG drench going forward?

IMG_20170507_210840.jpg

IMG_20170507_210851.jpg

It's a very odd strain, Money Maker, there are virtually no pistils but lots of trichomes.

IMG_20170507_211018.jpg

IMG_20170507_211306.jpg

Mornin to ya Ween...wow that MM is a weird one eh. No trichs but lottsa resin....Hmmmm:)
Yes , you are a bit late with the Epsoms but you've never done this strain before so I guess you didn't know she needed more Mg..and stuff. The idea is to start giving the Epsoms BEFORE you see she needs em,...that way your not 'chasing' the issue for the next few weeks OK. Yes , your suggestion to give OG Drench from here on out is correct. Have a great day Ween and friends!

I fully understand what your saying Doc but, I only have one tent and having OC+ plants ready for flower when the soil cooks fully and then having clones in veg really throws a wrench in things. So I thought about it and came up with the idea to submerge the OC+ plants root balls in a tub of water and remove all the soil and prills carefully leaving just the roots. Then carefully spread out the roots in the HB soil and bury them. It shouldn't hurt the plants considering people grow in hydro successfully all the time. Veg them for another week or two and then flip to flower. Problem solved without messing with my plans. What do you think?

You could try it.....just understand that it's not the recommended usage. It might work, and it might cause trouble. We shall see!

Mornin to ya Ween...wow that MM is a weird one eh. No trichs but lottsa resin....Hmmmm:)
Yes , you are a bit late with the Epsoms but you've never done this strain before so I guess you didn't know she needed more Mg..and stuff. The idea is to start giving the Epsoms BEFORE you see she needs em,...that way your not 'chasing' the issue for the next few weeks OK. Yes , your suggestion to give OG Drench from here on out is correct. Have a great day Ween and friends!

Thanks Duggan! OG it is going forward. I said there are no pistils but lots of trichs. So stupid question, what is the difference between trichs and resin? I guess I thought they were the same.

Hi Brix gang!! Hope all is well on this fine Monday morning!

I'm going to kick up a journal in a week but wanted to post up some pics of my gal that has made an amazing rebound. Finally figured out a few things I was doing wrong and I am on track now....for the time being. lol

I have 1 HSO Blue Dream in a 15 gallon softie. Gonna veg another 7-10 days then flip.

I seriously owe ALL my success to the Brix gang. Without coaching and the kit...this would still just be a dream as I'd have given up long ago.

March 28th
IMG_633412.JPG

April 14th
IMG_64677.JPG

April 26th
IMG_649213.JPG

This weekend
IMG_659211.JPG

IMG_659112.JPG

IMG_658711.JPG

IMG_658510.JPG

Needless to say...I'm walking on cloud 9. Thanks so much Brix gang...I owe it ALL to you! :thumb::Namaste:

Thanks Duggan! OG it is going forward. I said there are no pistils but lots of trichs. So stupid question, what is the difference between trichs and resin? I guess I thought they were the same.

That was my screw up bud...I meant to say 'pistils' NOT trichs. A trichome is the complete thing...the stalk and the gland head, which is where the resin is. There is no THC in the trich stalk,...only in the actual gland 'HEAD' itself. Some growers thing the whole trich is where the medicine is ...it's not...it's ONLY in the head. This is where the resin and terpene's mature into what we all covet OK! It is not the flower which is the 'ovary' and the pistils OK! Sorry bud...I confused myself too...duhh!

they look great! You might consider a heavier feeding, like a Super Drench on the ones with the yellowish couple of lower leaves. You're definitely getting the rhythm, though. You should have a really nice harvest.

Thanks Doc, those lower leaves are still there from the bad times lol. They are set to get A GE around Saturday if they are dry enough. How does that sound Doc and Dugg? I think they'll pop off good from that? Super drench?? I feel like I'm not aware of what that is!!

I'm going to kick up a journal in a week but wanted to post up some pics of my gal that has made an amazing rebound. Finally figured out a few things I was doing wrong and I am on track now....for the time being. lol

I have 1 HSO Blue Dream in a 15 gallon softie. Gonna veg another 7-10 days then flip.

I seriously owe ALL my success to the Brix gang. Without coaching and the kit...this would still just be a dream as I'd have given up long ago.

March 28th
IMG_633412.JPG

April 14th
IMG_64677.JPG

April 26th
IMG_649213.JPG

This weekend
IMG_659211.JPG

IMG_659112.JPG

IMG_658711.JPG

IMG_658510.JPG

Needless to say...I'm walking on cloud 9. Thanks so much Brix gang...I owe it ALL to you! :thumb::Namaste:

This plant ...everyone , is a picture perfect example of one that was trained to perfection....no smoke , no guff,...she's perfect and this is what my goal is each and every plant I grow...I wanna make em all just like Beave's girl here....what a beauty Beaves!! You should be proud bud...you trained her ,,..NOT us ! What a great job, and she will pay you back, big time with a huge yield. Let her grow 'up' just a bit more before ya flip her OK...NOT yet though...let her get some more height first OK. Like I said in my journal....if she were mine i'de be thinkin 6-8 zips...and this girl can EASILY deliver that yield ...just watch and see!...:high-five::cheer::thumb::goodjob:

Sent from my DeLorean...in the future!:ganjamon::party:

March 28th
IMG_633412.JPG

April 14th
IMG_64677.JPG

April 26th
IMG_649213.JPG

This weekend
IMG_659211.JPG

IMG_659112.JPG

IMG_658711.JPG

IMG_658510.JPG

Looks amazing Beavis, is that wire your using ? How is it anchored? Tnx in advance :thumb:

I knew you would be able to get her back to good health. She is a completely different plant isn't she? :high-five:

Hey TripleBeam

why don't you do at least one each way and see what happens.

This plant ...everyone , is a picture perfect example of one that was trained to perfection....no smoke , no guff,...she's perfect and this is what my goal is each and every plant I grow...I wanna make em all just like Beave's girl here....what a beauty Beaves!! You should be proud bud...you trained her ,,..NOT us ! What a great job, and she will pay you back, big time with a huge yield. Let her grow 'up' just a bit more before ya flip her OK...NOT yet though...let her get some more height first OK. Like I said in my journal....if she were mine i'de be thinkin 6-8 zips...and this girl can EASILY deliver that yield ...just watch and see!...:high-five::cheer::thumb::goodjob:

It's been a journey but it's been an incredible learning experience...thanks to the Brix gang. I'm so excited! 6-8? Yowzers...I'd be happy with 2-3!!! Thanks for the kind words Duggan! :high-five:

Looks amazing Beavis, is that wire your using ? How is it anchored? Tnx in advance :thumb:

Hey HealthFreak! Yes that is wire. I picked up like 25-50 feet of wire from homer depot for about $5 bux. I cut lengths about 24-30" long and folded them in half. I placed the wire over the branches I wanted to train outward and just stuck that down into the dirt with no anchor. That 15 gallon pot is pretty deep so in my experience it holds really firm and in place....it doesn't pop out of the soil. I haven't had 1 issue. It does create a rats nest down below tho but I don't need to get under there much and you can work around the wire easily if you are careful and take your time. I had started with the green plastic coated wire, making a little hole in the side of the soft pot and tying them down that way but that created problems (u can see it in the first 2 pics. In the 3rd pic u can see I ditched trying to tie from the sides and went with hard wire). The side of the pot would pull in and it didn't get the branches down low enough like I wanted em. It was hard for me to control the height of each branch tying from the side. The wire is much more heavy and not as bendy. So, I found the wire worked perfectly!

I knew you would be able to get her back to good health. She is a completely different plant isn't she? :high-five:
Thank you so much Nismo...for everything! :thanks:

That's a great come back Beavis!
Thanks man! Sure is more fun having a healthy plant than a dying crispy one. hahahaha

Hey duggan, thanks for pics of how you mixed your soil. The tarp is a good idea, then I can just shovel in my barrels. I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger on getting doc's kit, seems like the support you guys give is worth a whole lot more than price of kit. I'm looking forward to getting started, just gotta get my current girls flowered. A lot of info in this journal and I'm only on page 8, hopefully I can get caught up. Thanks, really appreciate you guys help.
420-magazine-mobile1959701791.jpg

Back
Top Bottom