Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I have a question for ya Doc. I just mixed the three ingredients for the one month cook. My plants are growing in OC+ mixed in the soil at about two tablespoons per gallon in one gallon pots. When they are ready to be transplanted to seven gallons would it be ok to just plant them in the kit soil? I was thinking if they aren't I will just cut clones and start them in the kit soil for a true HB grow. What do you think?

Clone 'em. OC+ is pretty cool, but you'll have better results just going HB. They might be OK....but if there was trouble, you'd kick yourself.

Thanks for thge wqrm welcome, Duggan.
I've been lurking around 420 for awhile, but don't post much. So I don't have the ability to PM yet. I see in my posting my interest in DOc's kit, I forgot to address it to Doc himself. :oops:
So that was directed to Doc, if you could PM the details on getting akit, that would be great.

Thanks again Duggan, :smokin:

I can't PM ya till you get to 50 posts, but my email is posted somewhere on my profile. Duggan is awesome and is representative of the camaraderie and support that has organically grown up around High Brix gardening.

The kit is designed around the concepts of living, organic soil, and the community of growers seems to be the same way.

Shoot me an email!

Ahhhh, what's up guys and gals. Thoughts I'd jump in, been offline for a few, takin a break but if thought I'd update real quick. The girls looks good and healthy. I happy and hopeful. Life is good and stress free these days and sure hope to keep it that way lol. Anyhow, here's some pics of the little ladies lol

Ace Panama

420-magazine-mobile1434614172.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1641480156.jpg

Ace Purple Peyote

420-magazine-mobile1899489073.jpg

420-magazine-mobile885057095.jpg

Doc, kit stuff received after just 2 days from ordering??? ordered Thursday, received Sat..

:high-five:

Thank you!

:circle-of-love:

Doc + 'Kit' = success!....:slide:
For lurkers ...or 'wanna be' good growers, check out my harvest pics using Doc's gear! Will jar close to , 2 pounds from three plants , in two pots, using this near perfect growing method. I speak from close to 30 yrs., searching, hoping for an easy, trouble free, reliable growing method. Found it!!:thumb::Namaste:

I certainly agree! However, I don't know if I'd say there's a "previous" kit. Same products, updated formulas is all. The individual products still function the same way so we can still work with the plants exactly the same as before. There's just not a need for as many "extras" and the drenches don't F'up the soil like blood meal.

So if the new updated formulas work as before without F'Upping the soil, we should be able to run a frankenstrain on a 1st run and no problems running a landrace on the 2nd run of the same soil?
I ask because I have two sets of soil, one in use and one for the next run. If I can alternate between frankenstrain and landrace, no problems. However if not, I could run landrace with the 1st set and frankenstrains with the 2nd. But would need to keep track of what was run with each set.

Hope this isn't a silly question but how do you know if you have a heavy feeder plant ? First grow ever and started brix kit.. just want to make sure I'm not leaving potential created energy outside the pot..

Doc + 'Kit' = success!....:slide:
close to , 2 pounds from three plants , in two pots,

:jawdropper:

am i still allowed to guess the weight for a free oz in your journal?:cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm trying to get caught up on doc's kits. Gonna give it a go next round. Haven't received kit yet, are they step by step instructions with kits

Hey Buck, evenin to ya ! best thing to do, is read doc's instructions in "how to use the High Brix kit". You'le find a link in his posts . Click on his profile and go to that page. Then get a bale of Pro Mix HP , 20 -40 pounds of very low 'K' Earth Worm Castings, a big container to let it 'cook' in and finally, a 'Kit' from Doc. here are a few pics , the last time i mixed up a bale for some soil. With all of Doc's gear!
mixing_up_a_kit_001.jpg
mixing_up_a_kit_004.jpg
mixing_up_a_kit_005.jpg
mixing_up_a_kit_006.jpg
mixing_up_a_kit_007.jpg
mixing_up_a_kit_008.jpg
mixing_up_a_kit_009.jpg
mixing_up_a_kit_012.jpg
mixing_up_a_kit_013.jpg
mixing_up_a_kit_014.jpg
hope these pics help a lil. I just mix up a full 'kit' on my rec. room floor,..on a tarp , using a square nose shovel. Works well. There are 30 pounds of 1,0,0 EWC's. in there and 680 grms of Doc's. 'kit' 'Amendment' ,..in that measuring cup, enough to properly amend a bale (3.8 cu. ft.) of ProMix HP. Have a great night everyone.

:jawdropper:

am i still allowed to guess the weight for a free oz in your journal?:cheesygrinsmiley:

HH, top of the evenin to ya ! yes, please give it your best shot. When it's all over the winner can just repost his/her original guess for the win. Then just come and pick it up. No guff ! Sounds like fun eh....fart soup ...hope i don't get in sh..t for doin this. for the 'gang...my brothas...havin a lil fun...no harm done! cheers eh HH.

HH, top of the evenin to ya ! yes, please give it your best shot. When it's all over the winner can just repost his/her original guess for the win. Then just come and pick it up. No guff ! Sounds like fun eh....fart soup ...hope i don't get in sh..t for doin this. for the 'gang...my brothas...havin a lil fun...no harm done! cheers eh HH.

If I were to WIN can I donate the Z to another Member :) Only because I don't think we are within Driving distance :)

OH BTW the Blueberry above was grown using 420 seeds I was surprised how short she stayed.
As soon as my soil is cooked I will be running it again in the KIT along side another, also using the kit.

The side by side will give me the opportunity to try fudging with things on the second plant
and still have my Control Plant, run by the book, for comparison.

If I were to WIN can I donate the Z to another Member :) Only because I don't think we are within Driving distance :)

OH BTW the Blueberry above was grown using 420 seeds I was surprised how short she stayed.
As soon as my soil is cooked I will be running it again in the KIT along side another, also using the kit.

The side by side will give me the opportunity to try fudging with things on the second plant
and still have my Control Plant, run by the book, for comparison.

That's a good/fun idea Gazoo. let me think about that other OK!...:Namaste:

Ahhhh, what's up guys and gals. Thoughts I'd jump in, been offline for a few, takin a break but if thought I'd update real quick. The girls looks good and healthy. I happy and hopeful. Life is good and stress free these days and sure hope to keep it that way lol. Anyhow, here's some pics of the little ladies lol

Ace Panama

420-magazine-mobile1434614172.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1641480156.jpg

Ace Purple Peyote

420-magazine-mobile1899489073.jpg

420-magazine-mobile885057095.jpg

they look great! You might consider a heavier feeding, like a Super Drench on the ones with the yellowish couple of lower leaves. You're definitely getting the rhythm, though. You should have a really nice harvest.

So if the new updated formulas work as before without F'Upping the soil, we should be able to run a frankenstrain on a 1st run and no problems running a landrace on the 2nd run of the same soil?
I ask because I have two sets of soil, one in use and one for the next run. If I can alternate between frankenstrain and landrace, no problems. However if not, I could run landrace with the 1st set and frankenstrains with the 2nd. But would need to keep track of what was run with each set.

Feed a tad lighter on the Landrace and you should be just fine. My Colombian survived triple strength feedings and is going to produce a nice harvest.

Back
Top Bottom