Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Sup Brix gang!

I'm seeing early signs of what appears to be Magnesium deficiency. Can you guys verify/confirm?
Cinderella 99
20170501_172446.jpg

Sour Tangie
20170501_172437.jpg

Critical nev haze
20170501_172427.jpg

So I'm assuming top dressing with epsom salt will be the solution? These plants are in 1 gal pots, so how much epsom salt for each plant? Also, what is the best method, should I dissolve epsom salt in warm RO water? or should I just add the salt on topsoil and just scratch/mix it in that way with top feeding water afterwards? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Listen to dugg on this one, my plant has the same issue. I up canned and within 3 days I was looking good again. I have happy girls and not deficiencies at all.

420-magazine-mobile13545790.jpg

Doc, I have soil cooking, but it is not ready yet. I have plants that are under fed with yellowing leaves and all. Next dunk will be a significant GE dunk. Being that I'm not moving to larger pots yet is it cool to feed a tad heavy while in smaller pots? I'm going into 7s once soil is ready. I'll also flower right away.

Doc, I have soil cooking, but it is not ready yet. I have plants that are under fed with yellowing leaves and all. Next dunk will be a significant GE dunk. Being that I'm not moving to larger pots yet is it cool to feed a tad heavy while in smaller pots? I'm going into 7s once soil is ready. I'll also flower right away.

Yep! Your roots will be insane and the main stem will be really strong if you do that. Go heavy on the dunk.

HB gang, I have a question running an Auto (first time) - Pink Diesel X Ambrosia (84 days) - in Doc's Kit. Today is day 29 from seed. Flowers have been showing for about a week. I've treated this plant like a photoperiod strain up until this point, but I'm thinking its time to treat it like any plant in flower, i.e. cat Drench etc. Just wondering how those who grow Autos handle switching the nutes, etc.

Also, sounds like Autos do best with 16+ hours of light. My one auto is in with the photos, so I'll stay with 18/6 for now. Photos will get switched over to 12/12 in a little over two weeks. Given that I only have one grow room, I'll have to stay 12/12 with the Auto too. How much eff ct with that have on the yield ? Any other advice will be appreciated:high-five:Thx.
image19534.jpeg

Yep! Your roots will be insane and the main stem will be really strong if you do that. Go heavy on the dunk.

Is this how you get your plants so big in 1 gallon pots like we see on Instagram?

HB gang, I have a question running an Auto (first time) - Pink Diesel X Ambrosia (84 days) - in Doc's Kit. Today is day 29 from seed. Flowers have been showing for about a week. I've treated this plant like a photoperiod strain up until this point, but I'm thinking its time to treat it like any plant in flower, i.e. cat Drench etc. Just wondering how those who grow Autos handle switching the nutes, etc.

Also, sounds like Autos do best with 16+ hours of light. My one auto is in with the photos, so I'll stay with 18/6 for now. Photos will get switched over to 12/12 in a little over two weeks. Given that I only have one grow room, I'll have to stay 12/12 with the Auto too. How much eff ct with that have on the yield ? Any other advice will be appreciated:high-five:Thx.
image19534.jpeg

I've never grown one before....

:thumb:Damn Doc! That tangie kills me, so the new drenches caused it to purple??

Actually that shot is of Skywalker OG! It looks alien because I went super heavy with the new stuff. No top dress of blood meal or epsoms, just the new gear at about 4x recommended. But as you remember the Tangie also went purple with the same treatment.

I'm lightening up now so the plants should look better pretty soon.

I think you're going to like the new stuff! I recommend at least one Super Drench per 8 weeks of bloom, timing TBD. You could probably do another. Normal feeding other than that.

This Tangie is post Cat Drench #1:

Picture_009313.jpg
Picture_008320.jpg

I don't think it's gonna go purple, because I'm not feeding it with intent to show toxicity.

I recommend at least one Super Drench per 8 weeks of bloom, timing TBD. You could probably do another.

How about a ballpark on that timing of the Super Drench? I have a pair of plants with 2 weeks left (probably a little late), One with 3-4 weeks left (an OG), then a couple more just in week 2 of flower. Others in veg, of course, but we're only talking in bloom.

How about a ballpark on that timing of the Super Drench? I have a pair of plants with 2 weeks left (probably a little late), One with 3-4 weeks left (an OG), then a couple more just in week 2 of flower. Others in veg, of course, but we're only talking in bloom.
I was thinking after the water after the 2nd CAT. Just my 2 cents.just talked about it a bit in Ween's journal.

That sounds like reasonable logic Nismo. I've been topdressing and recharging at week 2 then hitting them with 1st cat week 3 and 2nd cat just a few days later as at that point they're usually raging and drink quite a bit, so week 4-ish sounds about right.

This round I increased their dosage a little bit to see the effects (and to use the last of the old stuff I had), but again that was all the old formula. I'm on the new formula now for both GE and Trans. I've gotten this strain's rhythm and timing down pretty well and since it's only an 8-week-er didn't want to hit it with transplant too late for flavor reasons.

Week 4 sounds logical, but week 5 might push it deeper into the 8-weeks...hmm

Maybe I'll do a couple at 4 and a couple others at 5. Then I'll know for sure.

The Super Drench is kinda like top dressing with epsoms and blood meal....sorta. So if you expect magnesium demand to spike up, like week 4 through 7, Super Drench the week prior. At least that's what I'm trying right now and it's satisfactory.

That sounds like reasonable logic Nismo. I've been topdressing and recharging at week 2 then hitting them with 1st cat week 3 and 2nd cat just a few days later as at that point they're usually raging and drink quite a bit, so week 4-ish sounds about right.

This round I increased their dosage a little bit to see the effects (and to use the last of the old stuff I had), but again that was all the old formula. I'm on the new formula now for both GE and Trans. I've gotten this strain's rhythm and timing down pretty well and since it's only an 8-week-er didn't want to hit it with transplant too late for flavor reasons.

Week 4 sounds logical, but week 5 might push it deeper into the 8-weeks...hmm

Maybe I'll do a couple at 4 and a couple others at 5. Then I'll know for sure.

Great idea. We'll see how it all goes! I think everyone is going to like it.

Back
Top Bottom