Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Well to be honest I would like something better than "very decent". And would also like to try another company... Id rather go with a company that I didn't need to avoid any of their products. I like femmd seeds, I dont have the space to grow out 5 or 6 seeds trying to get just 2 female. Also if more turned out to be female then what I could use... I'd feel awful culling them. Maybe Im just over thinking it. Thank you for your reply, do you have any recommendations(other companies or strains) for me?

If you go to herbies they have a wide selection of breeders which give you access to thousands of strains it would seem. For strains I would recommend Delicious critical sensi star. Only if you have room for a big plant though. They almost always get to be 4-5 feet tall for me with their pot. It is the only strain I have run that gives me the bakery smell and it is just coated in trics. I've run two different seeds and both showed color when it got cooler and they were very similar in growth and structure. Another good breeder is th seeds. I and others have had good luck with their bubblegum. I also like their Akorn and have seen their sage and sour grow really well. The mk ultra Duggan grew is from them as well I believe. I hope you're able to find something amazing you want to keep around :thumb:

If you go to herbies they have a wide selection of breeders which give you access to thousands of strains it would seem. For strains I would recommend Delicious critical sensi star. Only if you have room for a big plant though. They almost always get to be 4-5 feet tall for me with their pot. It is the only strain I have run that gives me the bakery smell and it is just coated in trics. I've run two different seeds and both showed color when it got cooler and they were very similar in growth and structure. Another good breeder is th seeds. I and others have had good luck with their bubblegum. I also like their Akorn and have seen their sage and sour grow really well. The mk ultra Duggan grew is from them as well I believe. I hope you're able to find something amazing you want to keep around :thumb:

Thank you so much! I'll have to check those out, see if I can find a grow journal on those strains. :thanks:

Thank you so much! I'll have to check those out, see if I can find a grow journal on those strains. :thanks:

Yes 119, as Yeti said , the MK Ultra is a superb strain from TH Seeds . Has a great structure, loves our soil, has a very big yield (if vegged a while) taste's great and has a long lasting buzz! I grew it a few times ...top notch genetics...:thumb::high-five:...Cheers and have a great day Doc, Yeti , 119 , and gang!

Yes 119, as Yeti said , the MK Ultra is a superb strain from TH Seeds . Has a great structure, loves our soil, has a very big yield (if vegged a while) taste's great and has a long lasting buzz! I grew it a few times ...top notch genetics...:thumb::high-five:...Cheers and have a great day Doc, Yeti , 119 , and gang!

Hey Dugan! Awesome, I'll pick up some of those and grow it out after I do as Doc suggested and grow a couple of familiar strains. Sounds like a winner to me! Thank you, take care!
Of

Forgot to ask, I mixed up my HB soil Saturday... when can I start tossing clippings in? And is it ok to use leaves and whatnot that come from non High Brix plants? Using that super soil... all organic but could it throw the soil off? My thinking is my plants could be high in something we don't want much of in our soil. Just a curious newb, Thanks everyone!

Forgot to ask, I mixed up my HB soil Saturday... when can I start tossing clippings in? And is it ok to use leaves and whatnot that come from non High Brix plants? Using that super soil... all organic but could it throw the soil off? My thinking is my plants could be high in something we don't want much of in our soil. Just a curious newb, Thanks everyone!

Hey there 119. If I were you I would forget about that for now,...wait until your HB plants need pruning...don't worry , you will have lots of leaves and opportunities to feed your soil , OK! Cheers...:high-five:

I can get my room to 90% rH pretty easily, with the AC on too. It's like it's raining at night, so the plants don't have any issues with it. The sulfur vape works by reacting with water and creating sulfuric acid, which kills the spores throughout the plant, in the top soil, on the walls, containers, trays.......and leaving the AC on cleans all that too.

My AC runs about 10 to 15 minutes per hour in the dark cycle, so while the humidifiers are pumping out water vapor, the AC (temperature controlled) doesn't have a chance to dehumidify the room only cycling on for 10 minutes or so.

As for fungicides.....I do not use them, neither do I recommend them. We growers are about to get bitch-slapped by the politicians because pesticides/fungicides are being detected in virtually ALL medical cannabis in CA. This isn't a front page story yet, but it will be soon. (I have some inside knowledge on this)

My methods---if followed---will allow a grower to deal with mites and PM without using a single toxic agent.

Again, I have no trouble getting the room soaking moist in the dark cycle, but I am curious as to why you have trouble with it?

I second that. Check out my last sulfur burn; if you have a controller, changing the temp is easy to do, even if you want the humidity at insane levels.

420-magazine-mobile834468406.jpg

Sup Brix gang!

I'm seeing early signs of what appears to be Magnesium deficiency. Can you guys verify/confirm?
Cinderella 99
20170501_172446.jpg

Sour Tangie
20170501_172437.jpg

Critical nev haze
20170501_172427.jpg

So I'm assuming top dressing with epsom salt will be the solution? These plants are in 1 gal pots, so how much epsom salt for each plant? Also, what is the best method, should I dissolve epsom salt in warm RO water? or should I just add the salt on topsoil and just scratch/mix it in that way with top feeding water afterwards? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sup Brix gang!

I'm seeing early signs of what appears to be Magnesium deficiency. Can you guys verify/confirm?
Cinderella 99
20170501_172446.jpg

Sour Tangie
20170501_172437.jpg

Critical nev haze
20170501_172427.jpg

So I'm assuming top dressing with epsom salt will be the solution? These plants are in 1 gal pots, so how much epsom salt for each plant? Also, what is the best method, should I dissolve epsom salt in warm RO water? or should I just add the salt on topsoil and just scratch/mix it in that way with top feeding water afterwards? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Hey Snoog, top of the day to ya bud. Ya , with your girls there,...first thing, get them into bigger pots , yesterday OK,:) I can guarantee you ,they will look 100% better in less than a week.Looks to me you only have 1/2 to 3/4 gal. in those. Come on Snoog!!! That's my 2 . :)
Have a great night Snoog , Doc and gang!:circle-of-love:

Hey Snoog, top of the day to ya bud. Ya , with your girls there,...first thing, get them into bigger pots , yesterday OK,:) I can guarantee you ,they will look 100% better in less than a week.Looks to me you only have 1/2 to 3/4 gal. in those. Come on Snoog!!! That's my 2 . :)
Have a great night Snoog , Doc and gang!:circle-of-love:

I think they'll go another week or two easily on those pots as long as you're dunking them, but Duggan is right about the pots being kinda smallish.

That's not a Mag def at all. That simply doesn't happen in veg...demand isn't there. That's merely underfeeding.

Give them a good Growth Energy drench, like I said in the PM where you posted the same pics.

A user by the name of sirfishcakes ran the critical sensi star in a scrog a few years back. I really enjoyed journal and it was what got me to want to run it. TheRedDragon is running a bubblegum in the kit right now but it isn't flowering. I think someone made mention of stage winning a plant of the month (or year) with his bubblegum.

A user by the name of sirfishcakes ran the critical sensi star in a scrog a few years back. I really enjoyed journal and it was what got me to want to run it. TheRedDragon is running a bubblegum in the kit right now but it isn't flowering. I think someone made mention of stage winning a plant of the month (or year) with his bubblegum.

Thank you again! +reps

I would love to give highbrix growing a try but still need work mastering indoor soil. By the looks of it it works wonders

Master your environment and follow the directions and nothing to the high brix
kit Doc sells
Less than 200 us with the pro mix and wwc
I have spent more than that on a ph and ppm meter alone
You don't even have to worry about ph
I strive to reach docs standards,fall short but my buds are still top shelf
And smooth clean smoke
Good luck my friend
✌️:Namaste:
:lot-o-toke:

"I second that emotion"......what High said....from the girl from Motown....

kit Doc sells
And smooth clean smoke
Good luck my friend

"I second that emotion"......what High said....from the girl from Motown....

kit Doc sells
And smooth clean smoke
Good luck my friend
I might actually purchase and give it a shot

Back