Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

The Super Drench is kinda like top dressing with epsoms and blood meal....sorta. So if you expect magnesium demand to spike up, like week 4 through 7, Super Drench the week prior. At least that's what I'm trying right now and it's satisfactory.
In our first run of tutankhamon it had some major taco going on shortly after the 2nd CAT drench. So with this current run since they are cuttings from that plant, would you suggest one around week 4 or so to prevent it? Granted we will be using the new formula so should they keep up with the mag demand or would a super drench be beneficial?

In our first run of tutankhamon it had some major taco going on shortly after the 2nd CAT drench. So with this current run since they are cuttings from that plant, would you suggest one around week 4 or so to prevent it? Granted we will be using the new formula so should they keep up with the mag demand or would a super drench be beneficial?

Both GE and Transplant have added magnesium. In the case of GE, it's mag nitrate. 7:1 cal/mag We had to also add just a tad of dextrose and phosphoric acid. It's quite stable and will store for years.

Transplant has Magnesium sulfate also 7:1 .....had to also add calcium nitrate and phosphoric acid and was able to get the Chilean Nitrate back in too. It's also stable but will store for a year. Preferably used up each season. Refrigerated it will keep a long, long time.

There's very little water in these products....they weigh over 11 pounds per gallon. Shake them up really well.

Because there's Mg in both products, levels are already up compared to before. A good strong drench of GE, in addition to Transplant at time of transplanting.....pretty good for all but the total hogs. At that point, A SuperDrench is in order. Also, don't forget that WayAhead also has a good amount of Mg.

Our problems are solved on the Frankenstrains now. The strains that totally groove with the soil might benefit from lighter drenches or even the old formulas, but I think the new stuff is going to be better all around. At least that's how it's working out on the following strains:

Gorilla Glue
Paki
Grape Ape,
Sour Grape
Skywalker
Chocolope/Blue Dream
Sugar Cookies
Cookies and Cream
Tangerine

The landrace Colombian isn't quite as happy as before, but I also force fed it to look for toxicity. I think with normal feeding it will be fine too.

I figure we'll be tweaking this stuff for another 3 years or so....improving each time we do it.

As of right now, with the new formulas I think we've got the most performance we can get from manufactured soil.....which is pretty damn good! The only way to improve is to find a naturally occurring, mineralized high brix soil in the wild, with perfect weather for cannabis.

Shiggs..WHERE YOU BEEN? You didn't show up in Jamaica and Ziggs and I tried our very best to get a hold of you. You abandoned us..WTF Shiggs?

Duggan this winter I sent through quite a terrible crisis of health and depression. My plants that should have been flowered in early January became overgrown and yellow because I just couldn't make it out of bed due to the illness and depression and bills. But I reenergized the soil and chopped them back from 5 and 6 feet tall and flowered them. My earliest still have 3 weeks. I am on day 37 post flip. But as they gained strength I did too. I learned a lot about myself and what I am meant to do in this world. The trip was one of the hardest things to let go. But economically it was the only option. I'm sorry I didn't really reply but as anyone who has gone through it knows, depressed people just can't reach out. I did miss you guys and I hope there will be another trip. It was a deep regret for me. Sorry for the thread jack Doc.

Duggan this winter I sent through quite a terrible crisis of health and depression. My plants that should have been flowered in early January became overgrown and yellow because I just couldn't make it out of bed due to the illness and depression and bills. But I reenergized the soil and chopped them back from 5 and 6 feet tall and flowered them. My earliest still have 3 weeks. I am on day 37 post flip. But as they gained strength I did too. I learned a lot about myself and what I am meant to do in this world. The trip was one of the hardest things to let go. But economically it was the only option. I'm sorry I didn't really reply but as anyone who has gone through it knows, depressed people just can't reach out. I did miss you guys and I hope there will be another trip. It was a deep regret for me. Sorry for the thread jack Doc.

Thanks for this Shiggs, we were ALL unaware of your health . Sorry to hear you went thru such an ordeal! Hope you feel better . Jamaica was a blast BTW...never laughed so hard in all my life...excellent time meeting the gang and soaking up Jamaica! Anyhow glad your back and feeling better ....cheers!

Shiggs! :) it's good to see you back around man! Sorry to hear about your struggles this winter. You had me worried when you stopped posting while not feeling well. I hope things are starting to look up. Your presence was missed around here for sure.

Just another instance of the fact that while we all congregate here to enjoy some comraderie with like-minded folks, real life happens, and often not the way we've envisioned it or planned it.

I gotta close this thing down and start a new one....

I think you may be on the right track there. I was thinking I may be one of the last
to attempt to read this one from start to finish. 14,913 post to read is rather intimidating
and the longer it gets the less people will attempt it to read it all.

Hey Doc,

You tested the new products using more than the recommended application and are happy with the results as I understand it. I am still curious if we will be able to reuse the soil 3 or 4 times over as with the old products, and if so, do we need to stick with frankenstrains for the next runs? or can we alternate between them and landraces. I suppose you still need to run some at the recommended application and test the soil to see.

Anyway, with new products, possibly new updated instructions may be a good place to start a new thread. This one certainly covers the previous kit, instructions, and landrace strains and could act as a reference for that. Just a thought :confused:

I have a question for ya Doc. I just mixed the three ingredients for the one month cook. My plants are growing in OC+ mixed in the soil at about two tablespoons per gallon in one gallon pots. When they are ready to be transplanted to seven gallons would it be ok to just plant them in the kit soil? I was thinking if they aren't I will just cut clones and start them in the kit soil for a true HB grow. What do you think?

I think you may be on the right track there. I was thinking I may be one of the last
to attempt to read this one from start to finish. 14,913 post to read is rather intimidating

Ah but its such a good read... Definitely worth the time to read through it. I guess a link to the this thread in the new one would be ok. Wait... if this one is shut down would people still be able to access it? At any rate I really like overlords idea, New instructions would indeed be a great starting point.
And you're correct, hell back over a year ago when I read all the way through I was pretty intimidated myself. It just keeps getting longer, and yes... more intimidating. Whatever happens I'll be there!!

Interested in picking up your kit.
Am currently no-till LOS. Looking forward to learning more.
PM, please? Thanks

Hey Questor, would like to offer up a big warm welcome to the 'mag',...especially , this neighborhood. Almost all of us are growing in soil around these parts and of them , most are having the time of their 'growing life' using Doc's 'Kit'. It truly is the best method out there and you are surrounded by a lot of growers who will gladly stand behind what i say about it. As people they are full of honesty and integrity and will offer to help you at every turn in the road. You should feel very fortunate to have found us. We are a proud group, and would like to invite you to take a tour of some of our HB journals,...but please , we only ask a couple / few lil things of new members, enter our journals with a smile and good attitude while leaving any 'ego' behind you! Do these things for us and we promise you , ya won't wanna leave this place. Pretty cool bunch of growers,...i know , cuz i've met a good bunch of em. anyhow , cheers Questor...and once again , welcome to the 'Mag'.:welcome::bravo::420::high-five:

Hey Questor, would like to offer up a big warm welcome to the 'mag',...especially , this neighborhood. Almost all of us are growing in soil around these parts and of them , most are having the time of their 'growing life' using Doc's 'Kit'. It truly is the best method out there and you are surrounded by a lot of growers who will gladly stand behind what i say about it. As people they are full of honesty and integrity and will offer to help you at every turn in the road. You should feel very fortunate to have found us. We are a proud group, and would like to invite you to take a tour of some of our HB journals,...but please , we only ask a couple / few lil things of new members, enter our journals with a smile and good attitude while leaving any 'ego' behind you! Do these things for us and we promise you , ya won't wanna leave this place. Pretty cool bunch of growers,...i know , cuz i've met a good bunch of em. anyhow , cheers Questor...and once again , welcome to the 'Mag'.:welcome::bravo::420::high-five:

Thanks for thge wqrm welcome, Duggan.
I've been lurking around 420 for awhile, but don't post much. So I don't have the ability to PM yet. I see in my posting my interest in DOc's kit, I forgot to address it to Doc himself. :oops:
So that was directed to Doc, if you could PM the details on getting akit, that would be great.

Thanks again Duggan, :smokin:

Yep. I think the first 100 pages of this journal and then the flow of a handful of High Brix journals brings people up to speed fairly well. 2 grows and most folks are growing pro quality flowers. Not bad!

I am aware of it and have an opportune time soon to start something new, go over the basics again, update the instructions and all that. Soon,

Hey Doc,

You tested the new products using more than the recommended application and are happy with the results as I understand it. I am still curious if we will be able to reuse the soil 3 or 4 times over as with the old products, and if so, do we need to stick with frankenstrains for the next runs? or can we alternate between them and landraces. I suppose you still need to run some at the recommended application and test the soil to see.

Anyway, with new products, possibly new updated instructions may be a good place to start a new thread. This one certainly covers the previous kit, instructions, and landrace strains and could act as a reference for that. Just a thought :confused:

I certainly agree! However, I don't know if I'd say there's a "previous" kit. Same products, updated formulas is all. The individual products still function the same way so we can still work with the plants exactly the same as before. There's just not a need for as many "extras" and the drenches don't F'up the soil like blood meal.

Back
Top Bottom