Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Thanks anywhere in particular I should read from bud? Kinda new growth still just trying to read and learn. Maybe do a test grow with your kits one grow. . . .

Thanks anywhere in particular I should read from bud? Kinda new growth still just trying to read and learn. Maybe do a test grow with your kits one grow. . . .

Hi King! Here would be a good place to start, In The Lab With Doc Bud and of course ordering a kit from doc! PM him for ordering info. Then drop by the many DBHBB journals and see how easy it is.
:passitleft:

1000 Pages! :high-five:

Man Doc, nice thick main stems too. I have some OG's running now that are like that. they resemble tree trunks comparatively...lol

I totally get what you're saying in the difference between 8 weeks and 10. I did that with this particular strain and found similar results. At 56 days the plant was stupid-funky and had that great lime-green color with really nice bag appeal and a wicked eye-watering terpene aroma when the jar was opened. At 10 weeks they had lost a little bit of that though they were definitely more potent. Not terrible, but not the same either.

I take them at 60 days now and they're always on point.

Hi Doc. Do any of the testing facilities in your neck of the woods break down the specific terpenoid profiles? With thc levels being so high from healthy plants I would assume your terp levels are through the roof too!

I have been hunting specific terpenes that match my personal endocannabinoid system, both for effect and flavor. Before the age of detailed profiling I had to just do trial and error to find which strains work best for me. Now I hunt myrcene and terpinolene/terpinene for effect and humulene/linalool for flavor (I'm cursed with a limited palate).

It makes me feel like I'm learning something every time I smoke. I would be very curious to see the difference in terpene levels produced by this revolutionary kit of ancient knowledge.

Thanks for all you share with us.

Terp

Hi Doc. Do any of the testing facilities in your neck of the woods break down the specific terpenoid profiles? With thc levels being so high from healthy plants I would assume your terp levels are through the roof too!

I have been hunting specific terpenes that match my personal endocannabinoid system, both for effect and flavor. Before the age of detailed profiling I had to just do trial and error to find which strains work best for me. Now I hunt myrcene and terpinolene/terpinene for effect and humulene/linalool for flavor (I'm cursed with a limited palate).

It makes me feel like I'm learning something every time I smoke. I would be very curious to see the difference in terpene levels produced by this revolutionary kit of ancient knowledge.

Thanks for all you share with us.

Terp

Testing.....reminds me of MRI tech.

Everyone thinks it's 100% objective and consistent, but it's not! I've had testing on the same plant come out radically different. One place tests at 17%, the next at 31.5% and yet another one at 20%.

The only thing I can say is the terps you're going to get from High Brix are NOT usual and common.

Hi Doc,

I have a question out of curiosity for you.

The practice of watching trichs for optimal harvest conditions, dictates that cloudy is when thc is at its' peak. Amber trichs mean the plant is dying and thc is degrading.
With that in mind, I recall you saying that you have a hard time producing amber trichs in DBHBB. I assume by this, you took your plants beyond the time frame you knew for them to be at peak ripeness.
So my question is, with them going beyond the norm & being cloudy for so long, did they maintain a peak ripeness state? or were they the more degraded/cbd like in effect?

It could be of some benefit if they maintain the peak ripeness beyond the known finishing times for a particular strain. And perhaps not much benefit for those who prefer the effects of a mostly amber harvest.

Not a biggie, just wanted to hear your input since you have experience with this.

Thanks

Hi Doc,

I have a question out of curiosity for you.

The practice of watching trichs for optimal harvest conditions, dictates that cloudy is when thc is at its' peak. Amber trichs mean the plant is dying and thc is degrading.
With that in mind, I recall you saying that you have a hard time producing amber trichs in DBHBB. I assume by this, you took your plants beyond the time frame you knew for them to be at peak ripeness.
So my question is, with them going beyond the norm & being cloudy for so long, did they maintain a peak ripeness state? or were they the more degraded/cbd like in effect?

It could be of some benefit if they maintain the peak ripeness beyond the known finishing times for a particular strain. And perhaps not much benefit for those who prefer the effects of a mostly amber harvest.

Not a biggie, just wanted to hear your input since you have experience with this.

Thanks

As far as I can tell, they get larger and more dense, while remaining ripe. Terp profiles do evolve and it becomes a matter of personal preference on when to harvest. With the kit, you'll have a hard time getting massive amounts of amber triches.

1000 pages of awesomeness , doc and brix folks hell of a thread!!

There's a crazy amount of experience and knowledge in those 1000 pages! I've been here the whole way - quite a trip. :Namaste:

Wow a 1000 pages I remember reading the first page like yesterday
What has been the following watering/drench that has been working after the cat drench
Anybody?

Back
Top Bottom