Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Also, Im guessing that if it is the excess organic material slowing down the biota, the only way to speed it back up is to wait for it to break the material down?
Also, I had measured the temp of my soil a few inches down with an infrared thermometer. Remember, you told me it was too warm @75ish. Is that an accurate measurement or should i get a soil temp sensor? so many questions, I'm sorry.

So, ideally the roots are right around 68-70 degrees. Pretty easy to achieve in largish containers, keeping the soil slightly moist and never bone dry. It more problematic that roots are too cold, not too hot. If your environment is correct, I'd check root temps off the list, bringing us to organic matter gumming up the root zone.

Flushing will help. Follow that up with a very acidic light fishy drench and some microbes and you got a shot at revving them up. The acid will help free up excess minerals and the fish will help the roots without adding more organic matter and the microbes are self explanatory.

That's what I'd do if I were stranded and couldn't get High Brix soil.

So, ideally the roots are right around 68-70 degrees. Pretty easy to achieve in largish containers, keeping the soil slightly moist and never bone dry. It more problematic that roots are too cold, not too hot. If your environment is correct, I'd check root temps off the list, bringing us to organic matter gumming up the root zone.

Flushing will help. Follow that up with a very acidic light fishy drench and some microbes and you got a shot at revving them up. The acid will help free up excess minerals and the fish will help the roots without adding more organic matter and the microbes are self explanatory.

That's what I'd do if I were stranded and couldn't get High Brix soil.

So flush, then give a nice acidic light fishy compost tea? I will definitely give that a go Doc, thank you so much for your time and knowledge!! So jealous of all the High Brix grows... but Ill be there one day.

I was looking at prolix prices... damn small town doesn't have any and can't seem to get it shipped to store. is 80.00 with free shipping (for a 3.8 cu ft bale of ProMix HP myco) way too high or seem reasonable to you guys? seems pretty pricy, idk... Of course I know the end results will totally be worth the expense... money is just really tight these days.. frekin taxes man... And Doc, has the price on that kit changed any? Trying to see if I can get the funds together to make this happen already, I want to feel like part of the family too.

Edit* Found some on eBay for 58 with free shipping... What do you guys pay?

I was looking at prolix prices... damn small town doesn't have any and can't seem to get it shipped to store. is 80.00 with free shipping (for a 3.8 cu ft bale of ProMix HP myco) way too high or seem reasonable to you guys? seems pretty pricy, idk... Of course I know the end results will totally be worth the expense... money is just really tight these days.. frekin taxes man... And Doc, has the price on that kit changed any? Trying to see if I can get the funds together to make this happen already, I want to feel like part of the family too.

Edit* Found some on eBay for 58 with free shipping... What do you guys pay?

Amazon has just about anything you need dude

Currently $52 with free shipping. Have seen it down to $49 and up to $65. Just depends on the demand and season I would assume.

Yup, just looked...$52. Dajerm, you in canada?

Ive had a hydro place order it for me and it was $60. They had it for me within a few days

Yup, just looked...$52. Dajerm, you in canada?

Ive had a hydro place order it for me and it was $60. They had it for me within a few days

Ha! no sir... Texas. No local hydro places here, and even HD, Blowes, and Ace hardware can't ship to store here.$52.00 is for prime members... but I found it for 58.50 with shipping on eBay. Still... 60 for that plus 35 for 30# of WC 1-0-0 plus the kit... looking at over 200. IDK, probably just have to continue my waiting. Im so sorry for jacking the thread guys.

Ha! no sir... Texas. No local hydro places here, and even HD, Blowes, and Ace hardware can't ship to store here.$52.00 is for prime members... but I found it for 58.50 with shipping on eBay. Still... 60 for that plus 35 for 30# of WC 1-0-0 plus the kit... looking at over 200. IDK, probably just have to continue my waiting. Im so sorry for jacking the thread guys.

I used to live in fort worth and there were plenty of hydro stores bro!

Just wanted to share some pics of this Skywalker girl stacking hard in some first run HB soil!

420-magazine-mobile1615667110.jpg
420-magazine-mobile807400651.jpg
420-magazine-mobile682789724.jpg

"Just wanted to share some pics of this Skywalker girl stacking hard in some first run HB soil!"

Just beautiful!

Thanks Jerm! She is my favorite looking girl out of em all!!

Just wanted to share some pics of this Skywalker girl stacking hard in some first run HB soil!

420-magazine-mobile1615667110.jpg
420-magazine-mobile807400651.jpg
420-magazine-mobile682789724.jpg

See some of those tips starting to talon? She's not crazy about too much N. I'd go with straight water until she's ready for cat drench...but that's just me

See some of those tips starting to talon? She's not crazy about too much N. I'd go with straight water until she's ready for cat drench...but that's just me

She just got done with both CAT drenches, so it will be straight water next time and then GE drench

Good morning Colorado and gang! Very nice looking Kid....that's the stuff eh! looking 'Brixy', just as they should. That strain loves our dirt....cheers eh!:thumb::high-five:

Thanks Duggan! Just glad she's doing good since I know this strain can be finicky in HB soil

She is 'right there' for ya Kid, and your schedule sounds proper as well, straight water after the two consecutive CD's , then get back to GE.
OK, what growers need to remember about Cationic Drench in the 'kit' and to plan there Drenches accordingly. The CD is mostly all Transplant with a couple lil things added and a couple removed, but is mostly Transplant , so after two CD's i would(and many others) recommend NOT going to a Transplant Drench but get to GE as you are planning..:high-five: great job so far Colorado...:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom