Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Picture_011223.jpg

Picture_010242.jpg

Good examples Doc. Thanks for posting them.

Is there any reason to spray Brix or Distress on the top of leaves? Or does it all go to the underside of the leaves?

Yes - I'd spray everything. The reading I've done says plants absorb foliars from both the top and bottom of the leaves (and even stems, branches, bark, etc.).

-edit-
Doc beat me to it.

fwiw: I usually focus about 2/3 of my energy on the underside of the canopy, then move up to the top for lazy styles.

no sign of bugs lately either btw, had a little scare a few weeks ago.

Here's the latest:

1. Vegging plants. Two pheno's of Colombian Red getting ready for pruned and transplanting. I've got a moderate construction project in order to get the Advanced LED's hung in place of the HID's.

IMG_82295.jpg
IMG_82305.JPG
IMG_82312.jpg
IMG_8232.jpg

2. Grape Stomper after the first Cat Drench, maybe a 2 days prior to the second. This is what I consider "good" resin development. It should get even better in a week or two.

IMG_82423.jpg
IMG_82413.JPG
IMG_82402.jpg
IMG_82393.jpg
IMG_82383.jpg
IMG_82373.jpg
IMG_82361.JPG
IMG_82331.JPG

I have two things to say about this plant and the pics immediately above:

First, in order to get this kind of resin development at this stage of bloom and even more in the later stages is to flirt with a magnesium deficiency. (not marry one....just flirt) Notice the mild "taco" of just the edges? This may get worse before it's all over, but the resin being formed when this is occurring is unprecedented and that's what we're all about, correct?

Second, I'm finding my best results on Cat Drench timing by trying to apply it in harmony with what the plant is doing. When it's about to begin pistil formation in earnest, that's when I try to time it. It helps to grow a strain a few times to get the timing right, but it's working well for me instead of a rigid "third week" schedule. The first time I grow a strain, unless I have good info on what to expect, I default to a week 3 Cat Drench. But timing it to a few days prior to the pistil explosion is working better.

Case in point, week 12 on the Punta Roja:

IMG_82442.jpg
IMG_82434.jpg
IMG_82351.jpg
IMG_82343.jpg

And a few shots of a Punta Roja harvest today.

IMG_82273.jpg
IMG_82282.JPG

so did you give a taste report of that beautiest redhead???? :)

I'm not sure I have.

The buds are dense and gummy, loaded with triches and they have a unique smell. The typical "bakery that does cakes" smell is present which seems to be a norm for higher brix plants, but there is also a significant scent of some kind of fruit. I can't put my finger on what type of fruit, so let's just say it's a variety that only grown in weedland.

Smoke is smooth and very dense. Smoke rings with this strain are super cool. The high is intense and very cerebral, except the body component is such that you feel yourself standing up straighter with a bit of spring in the steps. We laugh alot and when smoked in a group everyone is very talkative but also contemplative.

This is good stuff for talking about God, but it's also good for watching South Park....no disrespect or comparison intended. The point is that medicinally it causes laughter, and appetite stimulation, but there can also be a spiritual component to the effect.

It's just fantastic strain and as I learn to grow it I can easily see it becoming my new flagship strain, alongside Paki.

Here's the latest:

1. Vegging plants. Two pheno's of Colombian Red getting ready for pruned and transplanting. I've got a moderate construction project in order to get the Advanced LED's hung in place of the HID's.

IMG_82295.jpg
IMG_82305.JPG
IMG_82312.jpg
IMG_8232.jpg

2. Grape Stomper after the first Cat Drench, maybe a 2 days prior to the second. This is what I consider "good" resin development. It should get even better in a week or two.

IMG_82423.jpg
IMG_82413.JPG
IMG_82402.jpg
IMG_82393.jpg
IMG_82383.jpg
IMG_82373.jpg
IMG_82361.JPG
IMG_82331.JPG

I have two things to say about this plant and the pics immediately above:

First, in order to get this kind of resin development at this stage of bloom and even more in the later stages is to flirt with a magnesium deficiency. (not marry one....just flirt) Notice the mild "taco" of just the edges? This may get worse before it's all over, but the resin being formed when this is occurring is unprecedented and that's what we're all about, correct?

Second, I'm finding my best results on Cat Drench timing by trying to apply it in harmony with what the plant is doing. When it's about to begin pistil formation in earnest, that's when I try to time it. It helps to grow a strain a few times to get the timing right, but it's working well for me instead of a rigid "third week" schedule. The first time I grow a strain, unless I have good info on what to expect, I default to a week 3 Cat Drench. But timing it to a few days prior to the pistil explosion is working better.

Case in point, week 12 on the Punta Roja:

IMG_82442.jpg
IMG_82434.jpg
IMG_82351.jpg
IMG_82343.jpg

And a few shots of a Punta Roja harvest today.

IMG_82273.jpg
IMG_82282.JPG

Someone took that tape measure from me like 2 months ago. Dunno how it ended up there....

What to do with the leftover foliar spray?

When finished spraying Brix, can I pour the excess (about 30ml mixed) onto the soil? Or might that have a negative effect? The same question goes for De-Stress?

Oh, and beautiful plants, Doc. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom