How about a more durable cover and some drip irrigation? What have you got in mind? We has very heavy rain last night and I was thinking that the paper plates wouldn't have withstood that downpour.
OK so I'm considering to use the plastic alternative to paper plates. There is also an option of using panda film or something like that to cover the top. I have seen a few plants like that, I'll make an example at home later.

Anyone have autos? The prices are rather high online :laughtwo:

Plastic coated I think was my suggestion. Paper and rain definitely don't mix!

I have autos and I don't have the greatest of luck with them outside. They tend to flower too early before they've grown all that big. I have had some nice ones, but on the whole I'm not fond.
I do believe you mentioned plastic ones.

I see on you page your autos are struggling. Was it the genetics? I have seen a few should I say premium seeds grown on youtube and they look small but really good....

Seeing an honest grow like yours does make me ponder a bit...

Your words of wisdom has definitely made me even more hesitant in buying said premium seeds...

Did some LST earlier on.

Is it correct?

20191009_185706.jpg

Your method of bending the main stalk really intrigues me and I'm wondering now if it's too late for me to do such a thing without supercropping...

Autos in my outside environment seem to be more miss than hit, though I have seen a lot of growers with big beautiful autoflower plants (though mostly indoors), so I just think they can be picky about the changing environment I present them with. I try not to make blanket statements about them and only talk about what mine do. My temps range from the 60s to the 80s and my RH can run anywhere from 60 at noon to 90% at 9pm.

In terms of LST, pulling down those side branches won't do you any good. But if you wanted to start to SLOWLY bend the stem over to the side of the pot you may be able to encourage some of that lower growth to take off. The trunks look pretty sturdy though so proceed with great caution. It's the kind of thing that could take a week or more to accomplish.

Autos in my outside environment seem to be more miss than hit, though I have seen a lot of growers with big beautiful autoflower plants (though mostly indoors), so I just think they can be picky about the changing environment I present them with. I try not to make blanket statements about them and only talk about what mine do. My temps range from the 60s to the 80s and my RH can run anywhere from 60 at noon to 90% at 9pm.

In terms of LST, pulling down those side branches won't do you any good. But if you wanted to start to SLOWLY bend the stem over to the side of the pot you may be able to encourage some of that lower growth to take off. The trunks look pretty sturdy though so proceed with great caution. It's the kind of thing that could take a week or more to accomplish.
Would it be a good idea to do so?

And thank you for the help man super grateful!

So outdoor grows are severely affected by change in conditions... That's actually very interesting. I wonder why.

20191009_130728.jpg

Here is the last one to go into a big pot. I just don't have coco yet. Her stem is about the size of that stick. I think bending her will be better or what do you say?

20191009_081918.jpg

20191009_081846.jpg

So when can check for pre flowers again? I noticed the first plant looked very similar to the females I had previous grow. The second picture I'm not sure....

Keep an eye on them and see if they grow a pistil out of the end like the top pic.

Whether you can bend it is up to the plant, whether you want to is up to you! Any time you can get the top lower than the next node down, you spread out the growth hormones (auxins) among more potential tops. If you have topped them, then it's easier as all you need to do is tie down the two new nodes growing below the topping point. If not, then gently lowering the top (SLOWLY OVER DAYS NOT HOURS!) would be the way to do it. If you want to ;).

Plastic coated I think was my suggestion. Paper and rain definitely don't mix!

I have autos and I don't have the greatest of luck with them outside. They tend to flower too early before they've grown all that big. I have had some nice ones, but on the whole I'm not fond.
Sorry, yes I realize you meant plastic coated. I wanted to ask LR if he covers his plants in the rain. He mentioned tin foil. We are in the same part of Cape Town, so we both had the heavy rain. It was a particularly strong and long lasting downpour. I didn't cover mine but that peat perlite mix drains very well so my plants seem to have enjoyed the rain in the last month. Is it necessary to cover them to preserve the nutrient balance, or is it ok to allow nature to take its course somewhat and just keep watch?
@Dkmg01 Are those ordinary fabric shopping bags that you are using? What made you choose fabric bags rather than bpc free pots?

Sorry, yes I realize you meant plastic coated. I wanted to ask LR if he covers his plants in the rain. He mentioned tin foil. We are in the same part of Cape Town, so we both had the heavy rain. It was a particularly strong and long lasting downpour. I didn't cover mine but that peat perlite mix drains very well so my plants seem to have enjoyed the rain in the last month. Is it necessary to cover them to preserve the nutrient balance, or is it ok to allow nature to take its course somewhat and just keep watch?
@Dkmg01 Are those ordinary fabric shopping bags that you are using? What made you choose fabric bags rather than bpc free pots?
Yes it is a R13 shopping bag. I noticed water doesn't go through it immediately but it provides air on the side of the pot and drains. Very fast. Also flushing if I need to is a lot easier as nothing washes away

Yes it is a R13 shopping bag. I noticed water doesn't go through it immediately but it provides air on the side of the pot and drains. Very fast. Also flushing if I need to is a lot easier as nothing washes away
Interesting, thanks. What size pot / bag did you settle on for final potting? Do you have any idea what is optimal for outdoor grows?

Interesting, thanks. What size pot / bag did you settle on for final potting? Do you have any idea what is optimal for outdoor grows?

OK the litres I'm estimating at 15litres or so. Well the freedom pots do make a good outdoor pot too. I like it as it makes an very nice root ball and helps breath the soil. Or at least that's what the video showed me

20191010_131643.jpg

So this is P#6 Which has shown a pistil! She is female. I'm now training her. Does that look fine?

20191010_131640.jpg

Here is P#4. I really hope she is female.... So dsr I can confirm 1 and then there is another that looks like one too. Will post all tonight.

I forgot about yesterday as I dove into my box. Tonight I'll be doing writing and the installing of the extracting vent box.

With outdoors I always say if not in the ground then theI biggest pots you can handle. Also depends on the season and when you plant. If you have sprouted now then a big pot will get you through. 50Lt and up. Later in season smaller pot.lots of variables. Dk it's looking great gromigo

With outdoors I always say if not in the ground then theI biggest pots you can handle. Also depends on the season and when you plant. If you have sprouted now then a big pot will get you through. 50Lt and up. Later in season smaller pot.lots of variables. Dk it's looking great gromigo
Crazy to think of 50 liters. My big pots are 25 liters. Do you think I should buy bigger, or will they still do okay in the smaller pots? My concern is that I have now got 3 revegging, 2 flowering, 8 going into veg and some pips sprouting... oh and 9 cuttings.... I think I may have gone a bit over board but with the exception of the Transkei plant and cuts, the rest of the seed is bag seed and could be boys :lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:

Crazy to think of 50 liters. My big pots are 25 liters. Do you think I should buy bigger, or will they still do okay in the smaller pots? My concern is that I have now got 3 revegging, 2 flowering, 8 going into veg and some pips sprouting... oh and 9 cuttings.... I think I may have gone a bit over board but with the exception of the Transkei plant and cuts, the rest of the seed is bag seed and could be boys :lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:
Really can't say what will work for you.25 should be fine if you have lots of plants. I like to grow big ladies throughout spring and summer and smaller ones in autumn. Just what works for me . I've often run out of space with 50lt so its really the minimum. (For a full season for me) everyone has different needs and methods so mine isn't correct. Just correct for me.

Back
Top Bottom