Oh I didn't think of that. Is or better than vinegar? Vinegar is only needed in very small amounts though as my first batch dropped to 3.9 hahaha
I have to get a PH pen too... do you have a recommendation for me perhaps? I like the look of those jiffy peats. I saw some at my supplier the other day and was in two minds about getting some. I want to take some cuts so I think I should get some next time. I like your scientific method and your plants look good. I love purple haze! I am quite jealous :)

I have to get a PH pen too... do you have a recommendation for me perhaps? I like the look of those jiffy peats. I saw some at my supplier the other day and was in two minds about getting some. I want to take some cuts so I think I should get some next time. I like your scientific method and your plants look good. I love purple haze! I am quite jealous :)
On takealot it's about R360 which isn't bad. I paid R500 for mine. Just remember it is sensitive. Jiffy peats are really nice hey! I heard for cloning they are just as useful. Hehe I just hope that it turns out nice and purple

I like to wait for the roots to fill the pot before I up-can so I know the root ball will hang together. I found transplanting when the lower fans reached the edge too early for my plants.

Also, jumping in to say those spots look to me like something is eating the leaves.
I so badly want to try auto's... I like that they flower fast...
Be careful what you wish for!
full

I found transplanting when the lower fans reached the edge too early for my plants.
I noticed yeah. It was very tough to repot without hurting the roots and the root ball was not 100% yet. I did the first 3 but I will give it another week or so for the rest.

Also, jumping in to say those spots look to me like something is eating the leaves.
I don't notice any bugs though. My pea plant is suffering from aphids and my one bean plant was attacked by black ants making use of the left over nutrients...
Ants seem to be my biggest issue now. I need to fumigate the courtyard so maybe I'll move the plants for a few days while I sort out the black ants.

Is that your auto? Why is it so small :hmmmm:.

That's what you get when that's what you get when you wish for an auto that flowers fast!
Damn that's a bit too fast hey haha well I sure want to see it at its peak hey!

Good day everyone

Short update.

So I have seen a lot of growth recently.
In 10 days 4 nodes have grown and I'm amazed. Thank you guys for giving me the confidence to try this and yes I'm in love so far! :love:

20190930_170257.jpg

I also got 2 new bags of nutrients I'll be using for both hydro and coco..!

20190930_203740.jpg

20190930_203726.jpg

Just mixed a batch today and mixed at half strength on the grow. It gave 941ppm

I also now know it takes 10ml of spirit vinegar to ph down 10 litres of water from 7.3 - 6.0

I fed them today so let's hope all goes well.

As for the spots they have not seemed to continue!

Thank for stopping by! :cheer:

15698704466276281204728295302264.jpg

:tommy::tommy::tommy::tommy::tommy::tommy::tommy::tommy::tommy::tommy:
Yep, I have the same calnite , it's good stuff. I don't use on my organics though. It's looking good DK.

Yep, I have the same calnite , it's good stuff. I don't use on my organics though. It's looking good DK.
Thank you buddy I really appreciate it. I have a very windy day today, I must go feed the beauties. I'll make another update tonight about the 3 I repotted to their final home. I just didn't expect to go through nutrients this fast but alas we want forests!

Thank you buddy I really appreciate it. I have a very windy day today, I must go feed the beauties. I'll make another update tonight about the 3 I repotted to their final home. I just didn't expect to go through nutrients this fast but alas we want forests!
I think it's the coco. I use muuch less food in soil. I start with really hot loaded soil though. That vermicompost some pnp's sell is really really excellent. Can just plant directly into it..bit of potting soil too.

I think it's the coco. I use muuch less food in soil. I start with really hot loaded soil though. That vermicompost some pnp's sell is really really excellent. Can just plant directly into it..bit of potting soil too.
OK I'll look into that. For now I'm happy with the coco. If my math is good I calculate I can use these nutes for about 2and a half months before refill. Which isn't too bad. Just mean I must side a small amount away every paycheck.

OK I'll look into that. For now I'm happy with the coco. If my math is good I calculate I can use these nutes for about 2and a half months before refill. Which isn't too bad. Just mean I must side a small amount away every paycheck.
Yeah don't change what you are doing. Was just commenting. I grow with a totally different Method so different worlds. You look like you are on the win so as penny says keep it simple.

Yeah don't change what you are doing. Was just commenting. I grow with a totally different Method so different worlds. You look like you are on the win so as penny says keep it simple.
Thank you buddy I will do so

You could probably just repot by just putting the whole yellow pot into a bigger one and let the roots grow through. If it's the same material I'm thinking it is
I wasn't sure it would work but OK im willing to do it on the other 3 or 2... I don't think I'll save the smallest. Might give here to someone to pot in soil.

enhanced-24277-1445883787-1.jpg

Good day ladies and gentlemen

Today has been a heck of a long day but good overall. I hope everyone else is having a good day! :bongrip:

So I repot 3 ladies into there new respective final pots!

20191002_081047.jpg

So these bags are shopping bags as you all can see! From shoprite for R13. If they really do the job then I think this is a real money saver!

They air well! Take up I presume 25 litres or so cause shit it was 4 x 600g coco bricks and 2 bags of perlite! Like wow I didn't think I'd use so much! :cheer:

I feed them 1L of nutrient solution and it just just makes a wet spot.
:morenutes:
Is this correct? Also I am impressed that water spreads so fast in coco!

20191002_081057.jpg

P#1 here! :yummy:

She looks rather healthy and this is a day after her transplant! I'll be honest it was not so smooth. I hurt a lot of the roots at the bottom but she seems to show good signs and no wilting which I'm happy about and very relieved...

20191002_081101.jpg

P#2 looking all lovely!

So she is also looking good. Slight spots. @InTheShed you did mention bugs so I'm looking into that.

I've noticed better shades of green this time around besides the botanium. Also I see moerse amount of growth in such a short span!

20191002_081105.jpg

P#3!

So her and P#4 is my favorite. She is also the tallest and widest! So far so good! So I'm wondering on how I'm going to be training after I top. The bag is rather flimsy on the walls. I'm going to want to have a nice clean cut like the one in @Backlipslide previous grow!
I found @InTheShed guid on LST also very helpful and might have a few random questions out of curiosity! :laughtwo::passitleft:

If anyone is interested in LST I suggest having a look at the tutorial! LST tutorial by @InTheShed
A whole load of more respect I have gained from seeing your journel and your knowledge :cheer:
Thank you for helping a novice like me.

I hope everyone has a blessed evening and thanks again for stopping by!​

Attachments

• 20191002_081105.jpg
    20191002_081105.jpg
    827 KB · Views: 38
Looking great DK!

Thanks for the mention! :circle-of-love:

I noticed you saying your surprised at the coco’s drainage compounds, and I knew a guy that swears by not needing perlite with coco, as it has such great drainage abilities. One thing though, he would put washes gravel at the bottom to prevent water from sitting in the bottoms. I think he was in plastic pots. But what I’m getting at is, another money saver is the perlite. I was going to give it a try with my last coco batch. Couldn’t do it though, I added some in.

Great job man! Keep er’ going! :surf:

Back
Top Bottom