Details & Questions About the Spider COB LED Grow Light - Twilight LED

I don't have anything to do with Twilight Nuggs... I tried to do a journal for them with the spider16 but it nearly burned my house down and it is in the switch and wiring... BAR took his to a repair shop and it didn't cost him a lot I don't think but if I was you and had just purchased the light... I think you need to get in touch with Jason.....:circle-of-love:
Just sent jason email plus sean see what they do hope they don't give me the run around.

Twilight groups please send me information on were I need send tjis light to so I can get my $$ back im cery dissatisfied with it and want a refund I have only used the light for 27 days in my grow space since it was delivered to me from your factory in usa .I need my $$ back so I can buy a light from someone else that actually wprks and isn't a fire hazard to me my plants and my family it could have killed us if I wouldn't have caught it in time.

Looks exactly like the issue I had. You can bypass the switch with a little rewiring. It's pretty clear when you look at how the switch is wired in how to just exclude it from the path from the plug.

They sent me the entire switch and all the wiring required to replace everything you're going to cut to wire it direct. The hardest part was getting the switch out of the case, it's hard to push in the tabs on the bottom side in order to slide it out. Once it's out it's easy to see how to rewire it to come straight out of the plug and into the wire clip that then feeds down to the power supplies or whatever they are called.

Once you get it out, leave it out a touch so that when your new switch comes in you don't have to deal with the bottom tabs again. I bled a bit getting it out the first time, wasn't going to do that a second time.

Now that the switch is out, you'll see that the ground is screwed to a heatsink, you'll keep that of course. Then you'll see there's two other wires, colors seem to be a bit of a crap shoot but they'll be consistent in color through the switch and out.

So what you're going to do is take each of the wires coming out of the plug and snip them off right at the end. Then you'll snip off the two wires of the same color running to that white box with the clips that capture the wire. twist the two same colors together, wrap it in some electrical tape and plug it back in. Now you'll have light when it's plugged in, but no switch. I personally could easily live with that for the couple days the new switch took to come in.

Good luck, and I know exactly how you feel. I really like my spider, but was disappointed with the length of time it ran without problem.

Nuggs we can certainly understand your frustration with your light. Keep in mind heat has always been the focal point for COB's. Twilight attempted to correct that with bigger fans. But with bigger fans AND COB comes heat.

Take a look at some of the earlier journals on the Spider from some of the respected SME's. They make mention of it in all of their journals.

Just some food for thought....

Regards,

JB....AKA....Renegade69

Not quite sure how to take that Renegade but Nuggs I still think since you have had the light for such a short time.... I would speak with a Twilight rep and handle it through them... I personally don't think you should take it apart until you have spoken with them to make sure you don't void the warranty.....:circle-of-love:

That dennis is exactly what im doing I only have had this unit less month I packed it in the box no fooling with it I want a knew one my wife and I dont want to try fix this and be at work and it burn are house down so I heard from twilight this morning I told tjem I want send this one back to them in exchange for knew light or give me my $$ back so I buy a light some were else. They said the will resolve it, but I will see took till 8:00 am to get response and still haven't got a reply back hope they don't play this out till the 30 guarantee is up .

This isn't a heat issue from the MCOB design, or even from being a led light, it's just a faulty switch. If that switch was in a humidifier (for an example with water rather than light) it would have suffered the same fate.

You've provided pictures of the failed part, so you have already taken it apart which would allow Jason to void your warranty if he so chooses. He won't, because that'd be stupid.

Once you get either the part or the entire unit replaced, even with a different manufacture, you are still running the same risk of a small part failure burning itself out. It will happen again. It looks dramatic because of the scorching, but I can tell you from experience a hard drive failure in a raid enclosure will often produce similar or more scorching.

You have a greater risk of burning down your house charging your cell phone overnight, but if you're really concerned about it I'd suggest looking into a automated fire extinguisher, they are easy to find with a quick search and are relatively cheap. Also of course make sure you get a smoke alarm in or near your grow space.

This isn't a heat issue from the MCOB design, or even from being a led light, it's just a faulty switch. If that switch was in a humidifier (for an example with water rather than light) it would have suffered the same fate.

You've provided pictures of the failed part, so you have already taken it apart which would allow Jason to void your warranty if he so chooses. He won't, because that'd be stupid.

Once you get either the part or the entire unit replaced, even with a different manufacture, you are still running the same risk of a small part failure burning itself out. It will happen again. It looks dramatic because of the scorching, but I can tell you from experience a hard drive failure in a raid enclosure will often produce similar or more scorching.

You have a greater risk of burning down your house charging your cell phone overnight, but if you're really concerned about it I'd suggest looking into a automated fire extinguisher, they are easy to find with a quick search and are relatively cheap. Also of course make sure you get a smoke alarm in or near your grow space.
I own 2 fire extinguisher all ready got that covered your right hope they will switch it for knew light I liked the light just seems to many of use had same issue with it ill take replacement light if they will do it ,this isn't first china light I've had problem with every light I bought from china had issues with it the boards burn out or driver burns out they all ways say take it apart to see what problem is that why I took top off to see were problems were. They make you do all the test before sending the parts they even say so easy fix a small child can do it in five minutes rhat what I was told before purchase it.

Back
Top Bottom