Dennise - No Longer The Newest Of Newbies - Not Growing In MG - Perpetual

Re: Dennise, Newest of Newbies growing in MG in the closet with LED bulbs and CFL's

Lovely plants. Personally I would only use the big bloom as it's the only true organic, but since you paid for them all, might a well mix a little of each.

Actually that is what I thought too but I think I am going to do as King recommended. That way I can blame him if it doesn't work out well. JK King, well sorta LOL :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

Re: Dennise, Newest of Newbies growing in MG in the closet with LED bulbs and CFL's

I love the results so far obviously but you can buy a panel much much cheaper than at the time what I thought was going to be a cheapo route. The bulbs I am veg'ing with are about $35 a piece and the ones I am going to try and flower with were about $25 a piece and may go get a couple like I veg'd with in 2700 K cause they did so well. I am waiting on a TopLed panel and was hoping I would be able to get it before flowering but it is not looking like that is going to happen but if you are interested in LED I truly suggest you check them out. Don't know how to put a link up here or I would.....:thanks:

Dennise, hi, thanks for the info. I am very familiar with TopLED and I'm familiar with the one you are thinking about buying. Keep in mind that it's pretty small and only 48 x 3W, ( so 150W, but the draw will really be closer to 75W ) I wouldn't expect that small light to flower more than one good sized plant, and you'll have to keep it fairly close. But supplemented with your other lights, I'm sure it will be nice addition to your setup. ( I almost pulled the trigger on a Mars 400 with veg spectrum, but I couldn't wait for it - but I will probably get a bigger one for flowering down the line, if I can keep my babies healthy )

What intrigues me though is that you're using the white LED bulbs with success. Most panels don't include many white. I'm wondering is the reason panels don't use all white LEDs is due to wasted spectrum?

I also saw an interesting LED spot on Ebay that contains 18 x 2watt Cree LEDs in 6000-6500k spectrum, 36 watt, 1900-2020 lumens, and you can order it with free shipping for about $27. ( they also come in 2700K and 5000K ) And you can get 60 degree or 120 degree wide angle. I bet those are pretty nice. I wouldn't mind doing a test grow with one compared to a CFL.

Finally, I saw a 50W COB outdoor flood light with 6500K that is $39 with free shipping, and it generates 4500 to 5000 Lumens ( also available in 2700K ). Those are pretty powerful! I wonder if that would grow a plant!

I imagine the dedicated LEDs are much better for growing. I'm guessing it has to do with the added UV and what not. Maybe the colored LEDs are more efficient than the white ones, but I don't know for sure.

Dennise, hi, thanks for the info. I am very familiar with TopLED and I'm familiar with the one you are thinking about buying. Keep in mind that it's pretty small and only 48 x 3W, ( so 150W, but the draw will really be closer to 75W ) I wouldn't expect that small light to flower more than one good sized plant, and you'll have to keep it fairly close. But supplemented with your other lights, I'm sure it will be nice addition to your setup. ( I almost pulled the trigger on a Mars 400 with veg spectrum, but I couldn't wait for it - but I will probably get a bigger one for flowering down the line, if I can keep my babies healthy )

What intrigues me though is that you're using the white LED bulbs with success. Most panels don't include many white. I'm wondering is the reason panels don't use all white LEDs is due to wasted spectrum?

I also saw an interesting LED spot on Ebay that contains 18 x 2watt Cree LEDs in 6000-6500k spectrum, 36 watt, 1900-2020 lumens, and you can order it with free shipping for about $27. ( they also come in 2700K and 5000K ) And you can get 60 degree or 120 degree wide angle. I bet those are pretty nice. I wouldn't mind doing a test grow with one compared to a CFL.

Finally, I saw a 50W COB outdoor flood light with 6500K that is $39 with free shipping, and it generates 4500 to 5000 Lumens ( also available in 2700K ). Those are pretty powerful! I wonder if that would grow a plant!

I imagine the dedicated LEDs are much better for growing. I'm guessing it has to do with the added UV and what not. Maybe the colored LEDs are more efficient than the white ones, but I don't know for sure.

If you decide to try them let me know. I would love to see them in action but I think if I just add 1 panel I will be fine. The closet is only something like 3' x 2 1/2'

I've heard those flood lights are just too hot & are a potential fire hazard. Not something that I can confirm Meds.

I've heard those flood lights are just too hot & are a potential fire hazard. Not something that I can confirm Meds.
that's what I am using Broke Ass and they do not hardly get hot at all :thumb:

Oh my!!! More options....Oh!!!! I did look at this trio when I was ordering the FF and honestly I could not afford all of them so I thought the 3 I got would be best for now since I am such a noobie. By the time the group grow is to this point I will be able to get all of the 3 you showed and everything in the grow will be FF but for now let's keep to subject and what I already have. As previously shown I live in the absolute middle of nowhere and there is no just popping over to get more nutes (and no money) so keeping in mind what I have I think what I am going to do is use 1/4 tsp per gallon of each of the 3 plus 1 tsp of blackstrap in the next watering (most likely tomorrow) and see how they react over the next few days and if all is well I plan to continue on with original plan of going 12/12 on the 15th. Now after that I have no idea what I will do as I have not asked all of you yet........:circle-of-love:

I have also done a full grow with the liquid trio and no open sesame, beasty bloom or cha ching....still produced a bountiful harvest.

Don't worry if you cant get them all, or even on this grow. If I had to choose, beasty and cha ching would be beneficial. you only use 1/4tsp per gal of each of the three.

Hi Dennise,

I have been watching your grow for a few days and you are doing great. I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet [apologies if you have] but I would recommend misting your clones with water while they are under the dome until they develop a root system. Also I didn't see any gonads on any of the pictures you uploaded so I think you have 5 females. Keep up the good work.

that's what I am using Broke Ass and they do not hardly get hot at all
See, this is why I always let it be known that something I've read just once & not numerous times is not something you should take my word on & run with. There are Post that do that & can send members heading in the wrong direction with unchallenged & unreliable statements. The only time you'll hear me say "this does that' matter of factly is when I've seen it myself or read it repeatedly from creditable sources.

Well, they do come with heat sinks, but I can't confirm how hot they would get either. I supposed you would need ventilation at some point. But it's so cold in my spare room closet, that the heat would be welcome right about now. In the summer is different story...

Also, how much hotter can they get than those big ass CFLs? I hear those big ones put off quite a bit of heat.

Hi Dennise,

I have been watching your grow for a few days and you are doing great. I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet [apologies if you have] but I would recommend misting your clones with water while they are under the dome until they develop a root system. Also I didn't see any gonads on any of the pictures you uploaded so I think you have 5 females. Keep up the good work.
Thank you Silverback and I have been misting the clones as you suggested and welcome aboard. I have been looking about every 5 minutes (cause I can't quit) and I don't see anything that looks like one of those pesty males so if they all come out to be females I will have to say "not bad for bag seed"!!!:cheer:

Well, they do come with heat sinks, but I can't confirm how hot they would get either. I supposed you would need ventilation at some point. But it's so cold in my spare room closet, that the heat would be welcome right about now. In the summer is different story...

Also, how much hotter can they get than those big ass CFLs? I hear those big ones put off quite a bit of heat.

No where near as hot as CFL's

See, this is why I always let it be known that something I've read just once & not numerous times is not something you should take my word on & run with. There are Post that do that & can send members heading in the wrong direction with unchallenged & unreliable statements. The only time you'll hear me say "this does that' matter of factly is when I've seen it myself or read it repeatedly from creditable sources.
I agree. Before all you wonderful peeps with your bountiful amounts of info I went on some wild goose chases from reading stuff that was not to accurate but honestly can say you guys rock!!!:circle-of-love:

Here's some pics of the group project babies. They are now 10 days popped thru soil and 2 are growing like crazy but the 1 (AK x WW) is still small but the new leaves are formed perfect just tiny. Any ideas or suggestions would be great for her and these should all be her's. They are feminized seed. When you guys think it is time for them to be re-potted please scream at me and let me know if I should use only Happy feet at first or mix it with the Ocean Forest and perlite. Well you have seen what we have to work with so if you think it is time or when the time comes YELL :cheer:
DSC019466.JPG
DSC019474.JPG
DSC019487.JPG
DSC019493.JPG
DSC019505.JPG
DSC019518.JPG
DSC019564.JPG

Happy Skunkday Dennise :thumb:

Don't forget to let the clones get some air couple times a day
even can blow your exhaled co2 breath in there while you open it to let it breathe

Happy Skunkday Dennise :thumb:

Don't forget to let the clones get some air couple times a day
even can blow your exhaled co2 breath in there while you open it to let it breathe

:thanks: Thanks Cronic! Doing it twice a day:thumb:

I think the ak x ww is stunted for some unknown reason and I think only time will tell what she will become.The other two are growing nice.I usually wait till I see root's coming out of the bottom of the pot's before transplanting.Clone's seem to be holding up also.:bravo:
Well Jimmy6000 if you remember I kinda boiled the little ones on there very first days but little dwarfs need lovin' too.:love:I think I will keep her as a house plant even if she never catches up but I really hope she is just gettin' a late start.:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom