Dennise - No Longer The Newest Of Newbies - Not Growing In MG - Perpetual

Re: Dennise, Newest of Newbies growing in MG in the closet with LED bulbs and CFL's

Well you are just going to have to explain to the people you are working for that this is not acceptable and that you have to be ready and able when called upon:
LOL :laughtwo: You sound just like my X...

Wow graytail we do almost exact same process.. That's weird to me because everyone usually complicates it. And you would cringe Dennise if you saw me clone commercially I cut em and then toss it into a bucket o room temp water and repeat until the cuttings are too thick to get wet, then I take em out one by one cut the angle dip in water immediately dip in preferred substance mine is gel then put in rooter. When smaller quantities I pick the cut spot, clear any growth I don't want and clip the last remaining set of leaves tht are not a growth tip so they don't transpire much when put in dome, cut stem at angle 45 or higher, them immediately dip in water, then dip in gel then place in rooter. Put it in the babies room(dome) and in ten days I put it to dirt or bucket. The only difference in my way is I usually clip leaves and remove leafs while the soon to be cutting is still on the plant, oh and you always want to have Clean equipment and a clean growing environment.
You guys DO know I'm clinging on to every word here, right?

Re: Dennise, Newest of Newbies growing in MG in the closet with LED bulbs and CFL's

OH SHOOT! That's how it always starts.

Chronic Weekend to ya Dennise :thumb:

Dennise, I have the same starting dome you do, and it won't be tall enough for the cuts, so all you need to do is fold something stiff to make higher walls. Leave an inch or so on either side for ventilation and it works really slick. You fold it and set it sideways around the rim, if you get the image, like walls on a box.

if your not cloning in a bubbler or aero cloner id use rapid rooters or rockwool
rockwool needs to be phed to 5.5 at least a day before you plan to use it
as in soaked in 5.5 phed water overnight
rapid rooters or those natural rooting plugs don't need to be phed as long as you got good tapwater
all the advise listed above to make your second cut under water
cut your big leaves on your cuttings in half so they don't transpire to much its all normal stuff they do for rooting
the method used yes needs a dome and kept humid
might help to put one of those heat mats below good light to use is just flouro tubes you can get it to within a couple inches or a few inches and its good

Wow graytail we do almost exact same process.. That's weird to me because everyone usually complicates it. And you would cringe Dennise if you saw me clone commercially I cut em and then toss it into a bucket o room temp water and repeat until the cuttings are too thick to get wet, then I take em out one by one cut the angle dip in water immediately dip in preferred substance mine is gel then put in rooter. When smaller quantities I pick the cut spot, clear any growth I don't want and clip the last remaining set of leaves tht are not a growth tip so they don't transpire much when put in dome, cut stem at angle 45 or higher, them immediately dip in water, then dip in gel then place in rooter. Put it in the babies room(dome) and in ten days I put it to dirt or bucket. The only difference in my way is I usually clip leaves and remove leafs while the soon to be cutting is still on the plant, oh and you always want to have Clean equipment and a clean growing environment.

:high-five:

We used to take down a whole light a time and replace it with vegging plants - about a dozen at a time - and that's when we'd take our cuts - 2 from each, so 20-24 of 'em. We started out dipping them in powder and carefully wrapping each stem with paper towel, but we ended up just shoving them in the dirt, heheh - still used the powder though. We'd snip 'em and drop 'em in a bucket and sometimes they'd sit there for awhile before we got to 'em.

After the first few hundred, it's a breeze. :slide: :laughtwo:

Everyone let me be the first to introduce you to #1, #2, #3, #4 and last but certainly not least #5 :welcome:
DSC018913.JPG
DSC018973.JPG

Dennise, I have the same starting dome you do, and it won't be tall enough for the cuts, so all you need to do is fold something stiff to make higher walls. Leave an inch or so on either side for ventilation and it works really slick. You fold it and set it sideways around the rim, if you get the image, like walls on a box.
Believe it or not I actually took that into consideration and made the cuttings short enough but probably will do like you said if they look to cramped in a couple of days........:thanks:

if your not cloning in a bubbler or aero cloner id use rapid rooters or rockwool
rockwool needs to be phed to 5.5 at least a day before you plan to use it
as in soaked in 5.5 phed water overnight
rapid rooters or those natural rooting plugs don't need to be phed as long as you got good tapwater
all the advise listed above to make your second cut under water
cut your big leaves on your cuttings in half so they don't transpire to much its all normal stuff they do for rooting
the method used yes needs a dome and kept humid.

might help to put one of those heat mats below good light to use is just flouro tubes you can get it to within a couple inches or a few inches and its good
All above done and reported Sir..:high-five: Putting them in the box now..:thumb:

... I think you left too many fans.

It's counterintuitive, but they gotta go for the health of the cutting. One small fan is enough.

Otherwise ... Yay! :goodjob::cheer:

These are the cuts that the cut 'n paste referred to:

DSCN10414.JPG

Now that I see it, I left too many too, heheh - shoulda taken the big one off each.

:high-five:

We used to take down a whole light a time and replace it with vegging plants - about a dozen at a time - and that's when we'd take our cuts - 2 from each, so 20-24 of 'em. We started out dipping them in powder and carefully wrapping each stem with paper towel, but we ended up just shoving them in the dirt, heheh - still used the powder though. We'd snip 'em and drop 'em in a bucket and sometimes they'd sit there for awhile before we got to 'em.

After the first few hundred, it's a breeze. :slide: :laughtwo:

Hey wait a minute........ a few hundred????? Really!!!! I broke a sweat on 5... No..Really!!:yahoo:

I'm rooting for yah..hehe..pun intended
Me too Dennise. I've been at this for 6 months & still can't get a clone to survive. If you come out & nail it on your 1st go round I'll be one jealous, congratulating son of a gun. But seriously if it works out that will be perfect. I don't think there's a more detailed guide for me to follow than what you and your coaches got going on here.

... I think you left too many fans.

It's counterintuitive, but they gotta go for the health of the cutting. One small fan is enough.

Otherwise ... Yay! :goodjob::cheer:
OK ...
These are the cuts that the cut 'n paste referred to:

DSCN10414.JPG

Now that I see it, I left too many too, heheh - shoulda taken the big one off each.
Here they are naked and looking pretty happy about it......:circle-of-love:
DSC018995.JPG
DSC019007.JPG

Me too Dennise. I've been at this for 6 months & still can't get a clone to survive. If you come out & nail it on your 1st go round I'll be one jealous, congratulating son of a gun. But seriously if it works out that will be perfect. I don't think there's a more detailed guide for me to follow than what you and your coaches got going on here.
Oh I love ya Man :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom