Deficiency

They cost next to nothing. Why not add it to the box of tricks and experiment???

cause i quickly learned they were mostly useless over 20 yrs ago and completely unnecessary. i don't like spending on stuff i don't need to. doesn't bother me if folk use them, but it's definitely not a crutch i'd depend on for anything.

if you do use them, you need to be exceptionally consistent in how you do it. new growers often don't have the patience or technique to get a useful reading.

in soil, learning the proper watering technique and watching what the plants tell you is the better way. most growers who use those meters will outgrow them with experience, or abandon them when they don't produce the desired results.

cause i quickly learned they were mostly useless over 20 yrs ago and completely unnecessary. i don't like spending on stuff i don't need to. doesn't bother me if folk use them, but it's definitely not a crutch i'd depend on for anything.

if you do use them, you need to be exceptionally consistent in how you do it. new growers often don't have the patience or technique to get a useful reading.

in soil, learning the proper watering technique and watching what the plants tell you is the better way. most growers who use those meters will outgrow them with experience, or abandon them when they don't produce the desired results.
Again, your view / opinion. Many would disagree. Nobody has said anything against Emilya's most sage tutorial here. Anyway, I'm out of here now.

Overwatering was my first thought too, like Carmen said. But I didn't want to say until I saw the whole picture.
It's good to let it go until there's only about 1 inch of wetness in the bottom, that way the roots will chase the water, bigger roots, bigger flowers. What size pot are you in and do you ph your water?
So i decided to Cut a Lil opening in it and 1. Its Not really wet (dryish soil Fell Out while i was cutting it) and 2. She already has Roots in the bottom but Not many (Like 4-5 in a 5cm gap) i never once let water flow Out the bottom(i Made some holes at the beginning for Drainage)
1725214372266.jpg
1725214372257.jpg

Yeah thats true too! I stopped using the ppm Meter cause it gave me way different results then what was Standing in the table of the Juice. Now i Just Look for deficiencies and it was going really good for the 3 Photos sooo.

soil moisture meters are a complete waste of money and do not work well at all. you can get several conflicting readings on those in the same pot.

best practice is learning how to water correctly. this link is literally in my sig :

have a read through that
Hey so quick question! They say to water with an ounce then wait and a ounce again then wait and then water the Sites......! Isnt that a Bit to much If she even has Problems with 1l (i mean buy that calculation its about 1l too) @SmokingWings

So i decided to Cut a Lil opening in it and 1. Its Not really wet (dryish soil Fell Out while i was cutting it) and 2. She already has Roots in the bottom but Not many (Like 4-5 in a 5cm gap) i never once let water flow Out the bottom(i Made some holes at the beginning for Drainage)
Hey bud, that's great then, you'll be able to monitor your watering levels now and it's good to see that you have roots at the bottom 😀

Hey bud, that's great then, you'll be able to monitor your watering levels now and it's good to see that you have roots at the bottom 😀
Yeah but nows the question If its somewhat dry down there but she has to much water should i wait for 3-4 days and then give her water Till its Starts flowing Out a tiny Bit at the bottom Like it was Said in the thread "how to water your pottep plants"??

Yeah but nows the question If its somewhat dry down there but she has to much water should i wait for 3-4 days and then give her water Till its Starts flowing Out a tiny Bit at the bottom Like it was Said in the thread "how to water your pottep plants"??
Honestly bud, if the dirt at the bottom is bone dry, it's time to water. If you can squeeze it between your finger and get a few drops of water to come out, then you could probably wait a day or 2

hey say to water with an ounce then wait and a ounce again then wait and then water the Sites......! Isnt that a Bit to much If she even has Problems with 1l
Too much water all at once and it can flow to the bottom quickly and run out the drain holes. A little bit at a time and the water can soak into the soil. Then when the next little bit of water is pour it will flow over the already wet soil and start soaking into any soil that is still not wet.

With a bit of practice it becomes second nature and the grower does not have to keep thinking about every little step.

Too much water all at once and it can flow to the bottom quickly and run out the drain holes. A little bit at a time and the water can soak into the soil. Then when the next little bit of water is pour it will flow over the already wet soil and start soaking into any soil that is still not wet.

With a bit of practice it becomes second nature and the grower does not have to keep thinking about every little step.
And then i should do it until a Lil Bit comes Out the bottom? (They Said it in the thread) The bottom soil is kinda dry (Just a tiny tiny amount of moisture)

And then i should do it until a Lil Bit comes Out the bottom? (They Said it in the thread)
Yes. Some people want to see a lot come out but it is not necessary in a dirt or compost based soil.

Learn to be able to judge the amount of moisture in the soil when lifting up the pot. After awhile you will be able to see the relationship between the amount of water coming through the drain holes and the weight.

Yes. Some people want to see a lot come out but it is not necessary in a dirt or compost based soil.

Learn to be able to judge the amount of moisture in the soil when lifting up the pot. After awhile you will be able to see the relationship between the amount of water coming through the drain holes and the weight.
Alright but one quick question. Isnt the weight of the Pot/plant increasing when shes growing? How should i judge it If the weight is a Bit different each day?i would think Theres still water in it cause its a Bit heavier then the days before(im an overthinker😂😂)

Hey so i Just saw that my humidity IS a Bit on the lower Side. Could the rolling of the leafes come from that? Or is it really overwatering (Like i Said 1l every 2-3 days when the top soil is completely dry for a while already) If it makes a difference the Pot is 4.2 Gal.
@TassieTurtleman @SmokingWings
Ehmmm i have to damit a mistake! I Had a humidity and temp Thermometer inside the Box and i Just notices that IT was right against the light! (Therefore the Low humidity) I Changed it to be next to the plants and now its a humidity of about 72%!! Im guessing the drooping has something to do with that too? Do you Guys know a dehumidifier that can also cool down the Air (without a water Tank to cool the Air) that is somewhat cheap and good?

Alright but one quick question. Isnt the weight of the Pot/plant increasing when shes growing? How should i judge it If the weight is a Bit different each day?
Yes, the weight of the plant is increasing by teeny tiny amounts as the buds develop but highly unlikely that the average grower would be able to measure it. For the most part we are looking at buds weighing a couple of ounces (wet weight) at harvest time. If the plant is in flower for 8 to 10 weeks that might come out to a gram or so a day. At first it will be less but those couple of weeks when the buds are packing it on then it is maybe 2 or 3 grams a day. Nothing to really be concerned about that I can see.

Isnt the weight of the Pot/plant increasing when shes growing? How should i judge it If the weight is a Bit different each day?

not by that much. don't over think it.
one way for a soil grower to judge is a bucket the same size the plant is in filled with the same media. when the lift on the plant bucket feels close to or the same as the media bucket, it's time to water.

not by that much. don't over think it.
one way for a soil grower to judge is a bucket the same size the plant is in filled with the same media. when the lift on the plant bucket feels close to or the same as the media bucket, it's time to water.
Thats actually pretty smart!! i actually have a 3rd bucket thats exactly the same that i dont use rn! gonna do that tbh (that will def eliminate the overthinking of atleast this problem)

Hey✌️ so i just put like 750 ml (250ml and then a 500ml pour) into both plants cause i didnt water them the last days and it still isnt coming out the bottom! idk if i should keep going cause you guys said 1l is prob to much (i think you guys meant 1l every 2-3 days was to much) so im kinda indecisive what to do😂 on the one site i should technically do it until some comes out the bottom but on the other side i think this will be to much again and they will start to droop again!

Back
Top Bottom