Darkscotia Apprentices - Passion#1 Perfect Sun COB/8COB Citizen K

Hey ladygaea. Welcome aboard don’t think I’ve had a chance to welcome you. Doc recommends 1 gallons pots for vegging and 7gallon or bigger for bloom. For pots I think he recommends plastic pots. Some pots may allow outside edges of pot to prematurely dry and could cause problems. Imagine doc will chime in his 2 cents
Hi Dark! I have been following along a bit late to your journal. Sweet Sue had some references to Doc's Magic and referred me here. I ordered the kit and away I go! Once the soil is ready, I will hit the ground running. This will be my 3rd grow. The first two I really let the plants do what they wanted so I could get to know their ways. Looking forward to seeing what I can do this grow! Cheers! LG

Hi Dark! I have been following along a bit late to your journal. Sweet Sue had some references to Doc's Magic and referred me here. I ordered the kit and away I go! Once the soil is ready, I will hit the ground running. This will be my 3rd grow. The first two I really let the plants do what they wanted so I could get to know their ways. Looking forward to seeing what I can do this grow! Cheers! LG

Congrats on getting the kit. Wonderful thing once you get the hang of it. Even my first hb grow I screwed up due to not following instructions and still turned out amazing. Don't think you'll be disappointed. Just follow kit instructions and don't be afraid to ask questions no matter how stupid you think it is. This group of hb growers are never far behind from giving all the help you'll need. Be patient and great thing will come.

On top of this journals and many other hb journals Docs website is a great place to look around for some really helpful info along with his q&a forum

"The Kit" - DocBud's High Brix Blend — Minerals, Microbes, and Magic

Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hi LG! Congrats on the move to Doc's Kit! You will not regret it and some awesome produce is in your near future. Doc say a mnimum of #7's and uses plastic vs fabric pots. I have been using #10 fabric with good success but am switching up to #15 plastic pots, found em on the web. So I'll be using a full kit of soil on 3 plants. When you start a journal, drop a link in here and in your signature and we'll come join you and help when we can. Not only is it a great growing system but it's a fantastic sub group of already great people on this here mag. The level of support is amazing. Looking forward to seeing your success with the kit!

:passitleft:

Rock on!

:theband:

Congrats on getting the kit. Wonderful thing once you get the hang of it. Even my first hb grow I screwed up due to not following instructions and still turned out amazing. Don’t think you’ll be disappointed. Just follow kit instructions and don’t be afraid to ask questions no matter how stupid you think it is. This group of hb growers are never far behind from giving all the help you’ll need. Be patient and great thing will come.

On top of this journals and many other hb journals Docs website is a great place to look around for some really helpful info along with his q&a forum

"The Kit" - DocBud's High Brix Blend — Minerals, Microbes, and Magic

Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Thanks Dark! I am digging into Doc's Q & A now. Good reading while I drink my coffee! I like what I see!

Hi LG! Congrats on the move to Doc's Kit! You will not regret it and some awesome produce is in your near future. Doc say a mnimum of #7's and uses plastic vs fabric pots. I have been using #10 fabric with good success but am switching up to #15 plastic pots, found em on the web. So I'll be using a full kit of soil on 3 plants. When you start a journal, drop a link in here and in your signature and we'll come join you and help when we can. Not only is it a great growing system but it's a fantastic sub group of already great people on this here mag. The level of support is amazing. Looking forward to seeing your success with the kit!

Rock on!

:theband:

Thanks weenmeoff! Agreed! There are so many great folks here. I will def link my journal when I get going. I am really looking forward to using the kit.

I scanned through your completed journals LG and just want to mention 1 thing, Doc suggests planting the seeds right in the #1's which is 1 less transplant. I did this for the first time basically due to learning about it right here in this journal and had great success, not 100% but 3 out of 4 ain't bad and they came up in 3 days! I was psyched and it helped me decide to go with the 3 #15's instead of 4 #10's. I know your space is limited so #7's are the way to go if they'll fit.

I scanned through your completed journals LG and just want to mention 1 thing, Doc suggests planting the seeds right in the #1's which is 1 less transplant. I did this for the first time basically due to learning about it right here in this journal and had great success, not 100% but 3 out of 4 ain't bad and they came up in 3 days! I was psyched and it helped me decide to go with the 3 #15's instead of 4 #10's. I know your space is limited so #7's are the way to go if they'll fit.

Thanks much! I read that Doc likes to plant right into the pot. I will def do that this time. I'm sure the plants can do without the additional stress of an extra transplant. I am going to do 2 plants at a time in the tent. The #7s should fit fine. I could probably get 2 #10s in the 2 x 4 tent without any trouble. I am getting a smaller tent to veg new plants while I have some in flower. This way I always have something going on. :thanks:

Passions all got a GE feeding last night. Feed at 30ml GE 5ml tea 3gallons of water. The bluecheese should be do for a feeding today as well.

Doc question when you say 3 drenchs in a row. Do you mean tp,tp,tp, water or alternate tp and GE for those drenchs. We talked about doing double drenchs when feeding daily and at that point you wanted tp,tp,water,GE,GE,water

Passions all got a GE feeding last night. Feed at 30ml GE 5ml tea 3gallons of water. The bluecheese should be do for a feeding today as well.

Doc question when you say 3 drenchs in a row. Do you mean tp,tp,tp, water or alternate tp and GE for those drenchs. We talked about doing double drenchs when feeding daily and at that point you wanted tp,tp,water,GE,GE,water

If you're dunking daily, save the drench overnight. So.....GE, GE, GE Water, Tp, Tp, Tp, water.....

Thanks much! I read that Doc likes to plant right into the pot. I will def do that this time. I'm sure the plants can do without the additional stress of an extra transplant. I am going to do 2 plants at a time in the tent. The #7s should fit fine. I could probably get 2 #10s in the 2 x 4 tent without any trouble. I am getting a smaller tent to veg new plants while I have some in flower. This way I always have something going on. :thanks:

I run a 2 X 4 x 7 tall tent and can only at best fit 3 "7 gal pots" and that was
very crowded at the end. This time I will go with 1 SEVEN & 1 TEN. I can
do 2 TEN's but want to see the difference between a 7 and a 10.
Not sure if 2 tens will be worth the cost so want to see what each will produce.
I will know the best set-up, verse space (for me) hopefully after this run

EDIT: I run a SCROG on each pot so the actual yield may
not be that much different between the 7 & 10, but will need to see.
Needs to be at least 25% more to make it worth the extra cost

Hey Gazoo, since your scrogging, you'll do just as good using the 7's. But from running 7,10, 15 and 25 gal pots so far. Seems like the 25 gal was the most forgiving. I really didn't have any issues last run with the big pots. I'm running 7's and 10's now, 10's are doing better

Hey doc, those girls were cold yesterday, found out electric went off for few hours during lights off period. But I think they are back on track today, they are all warm for the time being. I'm sure something will happen lol.

Hey Gazoo, since your scrogging, you'll do just as good using the 7's. But from running 7,10, 15 and 25 gal pots so far. Seems like the 25 gal was the most forgiving. I really didn't have any issues last run with the big pots. I'm running 7's and 10's now, 10's are doing better

Hey doc, those girls were cold yesterday, found out electric went off for few hours during lights off period. But I think they are back on track today, they are all warm for the time being. I'm sure something will happen lol.

Thanks for your input Buck, I kinda figured there would not be much
difference between a 7 & 10 in a SCROG, Once the net is filled I don't see
how they could do much better., But your discovery that the larger pots
reduce issues is a VERY GOOD POINT. I will have to way that into the
decision as well, maybe 2 tens for less issues will compensate for the
extra products needed.

5c35b543c96d6f12d2168fa272fcf386.jpg

Dang Buck. It was only a few hours, they'll be fine. You're getting far more than your share of headwinds, Buck. I think all of us are wishing nothing but good to you....bout time your luck changed. :Namaste:

extra products needed.

Between Docs advice in this thread and the 15's I have had no issues.

extra products needed.

Almost always, indoor or outdoors; more soil = more forgiving. It means more time between watering and less maintenance overall. Generally speaking, I'd go as (reasonably) big as you can--will only help you get closer to that perfect cola you're after. I'm in 6, 7-gallon pots this run, but I think back --often-- to a 20gal Jack Herer I grew in Los Angeles while working down there a few Summers ago.

Man, was that plant gorgeous...

Similar but unrelated: Plants planted in the same pot/bed seem to do better/allow the plants to somehow help each other out--check out Duggan's methods!

Hey Stoney...top of the day to ya sir!!....Yes...everyone knows how i feel about using the absolute biggest pots you can.It not only makes for bigger , healthier, higher yielding plants....they are much easier to care for as mentioned earlier.
All i did was fill my gr with as much soil as possible..so the plants fill the space (with training of course)and are problem free.Would much rather grow 4 plants in two big pots than 4 plants in much smaller ones.This way all the plants have access to all that soil.Cheers Stoney,Scotia...Doc and friends.

Almost always, indoor or outdoors; more soil = more forgiving. It means more time between watering and less maintenance overall. Generally speaking, I'd go as (reasonably) big as you can--will only help you get closer to that perfect cola you're after. I'm in 6, 7-gallon pots this run, but I think back --often-- to a 20gal Jack Herer I grew in Los Angeles while working down there a few Summers ago.

Man, was that plant gorgeous...

Similar but unrelated: Plants planted in the same pot/bed seem to do better/allow the plants to somehow help each other out--check out Duggan's methods!

Thanks Yes I see the advantage to the larger pots but as you mentioned I
need to keep things in a workable condition :). Positive anything larger than a
10 I will not be able to work with. However I am looking for the perfect result so .....

Also read an article about how plants/trees of the same type will help each other
in the wild, studies were done and found the larger trees would help feed the
smaller trees until they could reach the canopy also 2 cannabis plants in the same
soil will cause them both to restrict roots to help out each other. This was Internet
Information so not sure how accurate it was but as I remember it looked very
scientific

Photo Bomb :)

You might think I sprayed her with some florescent green and put
under a black light :) Veg day 21 Two days since last clear water

black_front_day_21_4.jpg

EDIT: BTW Thats right out of my Camera no editing, In case anyone is wondering :)

Hello all. No I haven't forgot about my journal just still getting my ass whooped by this flu. Girls are doing alright and not been neglected. One of my passions is starting to look like shit. Leaves started to go pale and then the rust look started to come back on some leafs. Good thing is I think it may be a male anyway.
Bluecheese is looking wonderful. At this point I have alternating nodes on all girls except smallest bluecheese so just about ready for transplant. Just got to get these girls feeding daily. So far every 40 hrs or so. I checked at 24hrs and still to heavy. Hopefully get some pictures up tonight

Hello all. No I haven’t forgot about my journal just still getting my ass whooped by this flu. Girls are doing alright and not been neglected. One of my passions is starting to look like shit. Leaves started to go pale and then the rust look started to come back on some leafs. Good thing is I think it may be a male anyway.
Bluecheese is looking wonderful. At this point I have alternating nodes on all girls except smallest bluecheese so just about ready for transplant. Just got to get these girls feeding daily. So far every 40 hrs or so. I checked at 24hrs and still to heavy. Hopefully get some pictures up tonight

I think you gave me the sickness. I feel like someone is sitting on my chest and cramming stuffing in my nose. I hope you start to feel better soon bud!

Back
Top Bottom