Darkscotia Apprentices - Passion#1 Perfect Sun COB/8COB Citizen K

Thanks Dark! I have a very good idea what they should weigh when dry.

Question about dunking. The pots I use have pretty big holes and I feel like I lose a lot of soil when I dunk, even when I first filled these, they were full of soil and now the soil level is about an inch below the rim. Is this normal and any tips on how to keep the soil in the pots?

Hey there Wheen... the way Doc showed was to fill the pot... dunk it in straight RO water... then when it settles top off and moisten the bit you added. Them make a lil hole, sprinkle Roots! And drop in your seed and cover lightly. I had the same problem as you last run... 1gal pots hand at least an inch of room up top, this time with Docs method it's still topped off! I lose a bit of soil as well... no biggie.

You're just getting a bit of impaction. Nothing to worry about.

Thanks Doc! should I add soil when they get a little taller?

Hey there Wheen... the way Doc showed was to fill the pot... dunk it in straight RO water... then when it settles top off and moisten the bit you added. Them make a lil hole, sprinkle Roots! And drop in your seed and cover lightly. I had the same problem as you last run... 1gal pots hand at least an inch of room up top, this time with Docs method it’s still topped off! I lose a bit of soil as well... no biggie.

Thanks Dajerm! I did do that but should have moistened the the soil before I added it, I poured some water over top. As you know, I got 3 of 4 so am happy.

Have a rockin weekend!

:theband:

Hey ween just checking my notes over. My bluecheese babies are going to get there first drench dunk tonight. This would be 20 days from putting into soil. Hope this helps a bit with your decision

Nice I just Dunked last night EXACTLY the same time frame, 20 days from Germination/DUNK
(3 to 5 days to POP, DUNKED 15 days from POP )

EDIT: The above time frame includes occasional 1/4 cup clear H20 outer edge MOISTENING

You're just getting a bit of impaction. Nothing to worry about.

I've had that happen to my promix hp. Had a 3 gal pot just shy of full after a bit I was like where the heck is my medium going? Lmao
Scary seeing roots bulging hanging out on top of the medium ? .

I’ve had that happen to my promix hp. Had a 3 gal pot just shy of full after a bit I was like where the heck is my medium going? Lmao
Scary seeing roots bulging hanging out on top of the medium ? .

There's going to be some compaction, but the compaction of the soil is itself nothing to worry about. It turns into one big sponge after the roots get in there. The main thing to is not cheat ourselves of roots by having the pots filled halfway, etc. Take 'em to the top, especially in bloom.

There's going to be some compaction, but the compaction of the soil is itself nothing to worry about. It turns into one big sponge after the roots get in there. The main thing to is not cheat ourselves of roots by having the pots filled halfway, etc. Take 'em to the top, especially in bloom.

Makes sense thanks doc .

Always great group of followers and convos you boyz have.

Always learning something is the game .

Merry Christmas Scotia , Doc ..and many friends...That soil compaction is totally normal, as Doc said. It's a good sign , actually , that you didn't press it down too much when filling the pots. With my freshly filled 26 gal. pots, putting my fingers in the soil to check moisture,..i notice that it's very 'airy' feeling. As we water ,.that air simply gets pushed out by the water and gets sucked back in (to a degree)as the pots dry out. This is a good thing , and as best practice , do not compact soil while filling our pots,..just to squeeze more soil in,..add it later . If we fill our pots (bloom) right to the top when filling , then by the time we wanna add the EWC's and Recharge , there will be lots of room on top.
This journal is rockin lots of info,..thanks everyone...Scotia,...Doc., friends...:Namaste:

Yup. That's a real thing. That could be the issue.

That's where I'm leaning toward now. All other around looking good including babies. If anything would be fried should be the babies first the only a few inch shorter really. I properly setup my fan and all should be fine.

Thanks Dark! I have a very good idea what they should weigh when dry.

Question about dunking. The pots I use have pretty big holes and I feel like I lose a lot of soil when I dunk, even when I first filled these, they were full of soil and now the soil level is about an inch below the rim. Is this normal and any tips on how to keep the soil in the pots?

I found after initial plain water dunk previous to puttting seeds into soil I very often lost soil while dunking afterward. I just topped off passion pots before my last drench dunk.

Nice I just Dunked last night EXACTLY the same time frame, 20 days from Germination/DUNK
(3 to 5 days to POP, DUNKED 15 days from POP )

EDIT: The above time frame includes occasional 1/4 cup clear H20 outer edge MOISTENING

Sweet on same schedule basically. I'm pretty sure mine took 3 days for 1 bluecheese and 5 days for the other. My third never popped. Are your babies about same size as mine at this point. Did you ever start a different journal?

Merry Christmas Scotia , Doc ..and many friends...That soil compaction is totally normal, as Doc said. It's a good sign , actually , that you didn't press it down too much when filling the pots. With my freshly filled 26 gal. pots, putting my fingers in the soil to check moisture,..i notice that it's very 'airy' feeling. As we water ,.that air simply gets pushed out by the water and gets sucked back in (to a degree)as the pots dry out. This is a good thing , and as best practice , do not compact soil while filling our pots,..just to squeeze more soil in,..add it later . If we fill our pots (bloom) right to the top when filling , then by the time we wanna add the EWC's and Recharge , there will be lots of room on top.
This journal is rockin lots of info,..thanks everyone...Scotia,...Doc., friends...:Namaste:

Merry Christmas duggan..

Makes sense thanks doc .

Always great group of followers and convos you boyz have.

Always learning something is the game .

I found you can read all you want but you need to just grab a kit and find your way. Whenever lost there's always lots of help.ive always been more of a hands on learner. ADHD was the problem that they gave me lol

Merry Christmas too you and your fam as well. And too all the 420 family..

I'm learning how use my mind .

But since being here on 420 following you all that I have came across so far I've learned to get more confidence and use my hands more myself .

So I completely understand what your saying .

That’s where I’m leaning toward now. All other around looking good including babies. If anything would be fried should be the babies first the only a few inch shorter really. I properly setup my fan and all should be fine.

I found after initial plain water dunk previous to puttting seeds into soil I very often lost soil while dunking afterward. I just topped off passion pots before my last drench dunk.

Sweet on same schedule basically. I’m pretty sure mine took 3 days for 1 bluecheese and 5 days for the other. My third never popped. Are your babies about same size as mine at this point. Did you ever start a different journal?

Actually just a bit smaller but I attribute that to an early issue with LOW Humidity. Also staying very close
to the deck which may have a lot to do with the addition of the UVA/B T5s I am running this time
(2 different strains both staying very short)

No Journal but I am documenting this one with pictures at 7 day steps so will have a good picture journal
once its all over, at least that's the plan :)

EDIT: Don't want to confuse this thread so wont post pictures here but if your interested to
see I posted a few pictures at the following

RE-DIRECT Link to pictures here at 420Mag
How To - 7 Gal Rim Mount SCROG Pots In 2 X 4 Tent - 8.25 Sq Ft

I plan on the same! grab the kit get started and ask for help along the way if needed. I've also learned best hands on as ADHD is the problem they gave me lol. Merry Christmas

Hey Farmer,..wanna throw a big warm welcome out there to ya..:) You have found an awesome spot , with this being the coolest 420 forum out there. What makes this neighborhood so great to be a part of is ..the members. Passionate about what we do , and willing to help others along the way , without egos getting in the way. Would like to encourage you to visit some of the other DBHBB journals as well, get a 'feel' for our group. Doc's 'kit' as we like to call it is an easy to use , very reliable , cost effective growing method!
A lot of R&D has gone into designing and implementing it properly. We have Doc to thank for it and , he's here among us , a perfect scenario. Anyhow , Merry Christmas Farmer..:welcome:.....:cheer:...:high-five:

sent from my DeLorean...in the future!

Back
Top Bottom