Darkscotia Apprentices - Passion#1 Perfect Sun COB/8COB Citizen K

On my healthiest looking passion girls. She's has been nice and green the hole time even the single blade leafs are still green(maybe even to dark) has all a sudden really starting to look like a Venus fly trap.It's top 4 fan leafs are all doing it.Anyone have any ideas?
420-magazine-mobile1912352871.jpg
420-magazine-mobile97306552.jpg

Maybe light too strong or maybe need more light. I have light on full power but have girls sitting around outter edges of tent. All still have nice colour and only I affected which leans me away from light idea.

On my healthiest looking passion girls. She’s has been nice and green the hole time even the single blade leafs are still green(maybe even to dark) has all a sudden really starting to look like a Venus fly trap.It’s top 4 fan leafs are all doing it.Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe light too strong or maybe need more light. I have light on full power but have girls sitting around outter edges of tent. All still have nice colour and only I affected which leans me away from light idea.

Excess light is my best guess. It should straighten right out. Every now and then I see something like this under the LED's. give it a few days.

All girls were getting very light tonight and starting droop. So all passions got there 3rd dunk tonight. I put 30ml GE to 3ml tea into 3 gallons of water and dunked all. These girls have taken off after initial transplant drench. Also I chopped first 3 sets of nodes off tonight to make it easier to put cup of water in while dunking
420-magazine-mobile481932572.jpg
420-magazine-mobile294221780.jpg
420-magazine-mobile978927021.jpg
420-magazine-mobile534352726.jpg

And the blue cheese will get first dunk tomorrow.
420-magazine-mobile253305527.jpg

After my first cook and trying to stir the hole
Bin while adding water was a shit show. I now add water while I add soil bit by bit and stir constantly while adding. Then once bin is full I mix even more then top off with water if needed.

That is what I did my first time too...PITA.

Now I dump the soil in a 6 x 6 containment tray...just like a kiddie pool. Add water to minimize the dust, add amendment, EWC, and turn with a square shovel for 10 minutes, adding water as needed to obtain a moist but not wet soil that clumps when I squeeze it, but crumbles very easily when touched. Then I shovel into the 55 gallon plastic barrel. All the water and mixing is done in the tray. Great workout, very little dust, good uniform mix of soil. I've stored soil like this so far for 6 months with good results so far on my current grow.

On my healthiest looking passion girls. She's has been nice and green the hole time even the single blade leafs are still green(maybe even to dark) has all a sudden really starting to look like a Venus fly trap.It's top 4 fan leafs are all doing it.Anyone have any ideas?

My OG does this exact same thing when young, but always straightens right out

My OG does this exact same thing when young, but always straightens right out

Yeah I remember us talking about that. My og used to do similar traits but never this bad honestly. With using the new light for first time and not wanting to screw up this grow I'm just being very cautious. And started to be worried I may have been frying leafs with light. Coming from always using hps I shouldn't be worried.

On my healthiest looking passion girls. She’s has been nice and green the hole time even the single blade leafs are still green(maybe even to dark) has all a sudden really starting to look like a Venus fly trap.It’s top 4 fan leafs are all doing it.Anyone have any ideas?

so when the edges are curled up like a taco maybe too much light were thinking sorry to intrude just taking notes man.

i sen a couple of my plants looking like that im learning woot woot

merry christmas or happy holidays man

That is what I did my first time too...PITA.

Now I dump the soil in a 6 x 6 containment tray...just like a kiddie pool. Add water to minimize the dust, add amendment, EWC, and turn with a square shovel for 10 minutes, adding water as needed to obtain a moist but not wet soil that clumps when I squeeze it, but crumbles very easily when touched. Then I shovel into the 55 gallon plastic barrel. All the water and mixing is done in the tray. Great workout, very little dust, good uniform mix of soil. I've stored soil like this so far for 6 months with good results so far on my current grow.

I like your way of adding water in containment tray. My first time after I tried mixing hole bale of soil and all admenments on tarp. Then put all that into barrel and started adding water. What a mess lol. Ended up dumping soil and remixing. This time I added water while filling up my container. One thing I was afraid of with that is that bottom soil would have possibly got to wet by the time I was done adding all soil. So then once In barrel I mixed even more. Next time I'll do hole procedure on my tarp including watering then put into barrel and mix around again.

So many great ideas coming from everyone. That's why I love this community. Picked up so many small things that will make a huge difference in my grows.

so when the edges are curled up like a taco maybe too much light were thinking sorry to intrude just taking notes man.

i sen a couple of my plants looking like that im learning woot woot

merry christmas or happy holidays man

All good king joe. Not intruding at all. I was first thinking light but this one is the 2nd tallest of the 3 passion and this one is the only affected so far. Even my 2 bluecheese are in same tent and doing fine so far under same light. It may just be a trait of this strain.

All good king joe. Not intruding at all. I was first thinking light but this one is the 2nd tallest of the 3 passion and this one is the only affected so far. Even my 2 bluecheese are in same tent and doing fine so far under same light. It may just be a trait of this strain.

Yeah I heard can all be same seeds same genetics but it's up to the seed I guess sometimes plants are needy I guess .

One thing I just noticed is that my smaller fan has been set on to run 24hrs a day and basically has its main focus on that plant. Fan was on timer but got set to on only instead on of set to auto which was set only to run a hour every 4 hours. Could be causing it to transpire to much causing this leaf cupping.

One thing I just noticed is that my smaller fan has been set on to run 24hrs a day and basically has its main focus on that plant. Fan was on timer but got set to on only instead on of set to auto which was set only to run a hour every 4 hours. Could be causing it to transpire to much causing this leaf cupping.

Yeah I was setting upy 4x2x5 tent with a mars hydro 300 for my big bomb and og critical. Put humidifier in there for her to lower setting went in he or so later 99% humidity lol

And saw what lots of humidity can do so much fun the guessing game lol

Hey Dark. They're looking great! Did you find out when they got their first dunk? Mine will be 14 days since seeds were planted on Sunday. I feel like they're getting light and may need their first dunk in a week or so.

Hey ween just checking my notes over. My bluecheese babies are going to get there first drench dunk tonight. This would be 20 days from putting into soil. Hope this helps a bit with your decision

Hey ween just checking my notes over. My bluecheese babies are going to get there first drench dunk tonight. This would be 20 days from putting into soil. Hope this helps a bit with your decision

Thanks Dark! I have a very good idea what they should weigh when dry.

Question about dunking. The pots I use have pretty big holes and I feel like I lose a lot of soil when I dunk, even when I first filled these, they were full of soil and now the soil level is about an inch below the rim. Is this normal and any tips on how to keep the soil in the pots?

Thanks Dark! I have a very good idea what they should weigh when dry.

Question about dunking. The pots I use have pretty big holes and I feel like I lose a lot of soil when I dunk, even when I first filled these, they were full of soil and now the soil level is about an inch below the rim. Is this normal and any tips on how to keep the soil in the pots?

You're just getting a bit of impaction. Nothing to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom