Darkscotia Apprentices - Passion#1 Perfect Sun COB/8COB Citizen K

Doc, some real clear explanations of why you are doing this or that, what you look for or see in plant, etc... Will help us stoners... LOL

I'm gonna do my best! The reason I went with straight water---which is the usual practice---is because there is good turgor, good growth, lite green petioles and 7 bladed leaves on the second set. In other words, the plant is purring....

If I had some leaf digestion, 3 bladed leaves, purple petioles or poor turgor, I might have opted for another drench, as in Scotia's case, where we went for Transplant, just to make sure the roots don't feel neglected.

So far girls looking good after transplant drench and only a day has passed. The 2 pale ones are getting there colour back as well. And I think all plants are liking there new lights so far as well.

420-magazine-mobile294285989.jpg
420-magazine-mobile983079426.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2023654840.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1767763650.jpg

So little update on new light. This light runs pretty cool. I've had my tent dialed in forever now and with lights on and full power running 2 degrees lower then the last 2 light(few different mars hydro,ps cob) so had to adjust a few things to get lights on temp back up. Plants seem to be responded very nice to them at this point. One of the fans seem to have a abnormal noise yesterday when running but all seems fine today.
As to the 2nd light that was sent. Bm got back to me today to let me know it absolutely was sent by accident and that it does not work on North America 110 due to being a European light but did tell me if I had a 110 to 240 power converter it would work just fine. And then wished me a merry Xmas and not once asked for light back as of yet.
This European light is different from the American one. The Europe light doesn't have individual easy access modules that can just unscrew from back of lamp like the American one. You would need to totally dismantle casing in order to work on modules. Mine has 9 very accessible modules.
420-magazine-mobile2093321404.jpg

So didn't take pictures of other one as I didn't want to screw with it to much if I had to send it back.

Ya can pick up a step up/step down transformer, 500 watt continuous use on the Zon' for pretty cheap...sounds like an early Christmas present...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Yup I for sure expected the email to say they'd be back to me with a way to ship back. But not as of yet and you'd figure they would have said that. Maybe with a fees involved not worth it. But yes merry Xmas to me hopefully. Bought a lottery ticket so if I win millions everyone subscribed right now will get all new grow gear of there choice. All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one.

:thumb::woohoo: how many amps? should be an easy conversion.:cheer::Namaste:

2amps I think

Evenin Scotia, Dyno , Hook and friends,...hey bud, if that light is a 240v unit , with a special cord end for 240, then u can easily adapt it to our 120V. Remember we also have 240. Why not just get a receptacle to match the cord end (easy) and change the wiring and the receptacle,..as it's connected using the white conductor (in the cable) right now for the circuit's neutral, or 'identified conductor'. You just need to put that wire on the other side of a two pole , 15 A breaker,,..understand,..then the cable will be a 240V circuit. Just have to make sure it's a designated circuit and does NOT provide power to anything else. It really is very easy to do,..much better way than using one of those 'step up' transformers,..ffs man,..ya got 240V right in your panel. Anyhow , you are one lucky happy grower....:high-five:
Let me help you get that other light goin.:) It's easy , really!:thumb:
Scotia , send me a pic of the specs on the UK light. My 9 module 675 XG (older model) Budmaster 2, also has access panels in the back. They are expensive cuz they are serious , high quality units. Anyhow , good on ya Scotia. Cheers gang!:circle-of-love:

Wait a minute Scotia,...back up there sir....U used one of my fav. movie quotes...Al Pacino....Scarface..All i got is my balls and my word, and i don't break em for nobody.
Bad Scotia...LMAO...:grinjoint:

Evenin Scotia, Dyno , Hook and friends,...hey bud, if that light is a 240v unit , with a special cord end for 240, then u can easily adapt it to our 120V. Remember we also have 240. Why not just get a receptacle to match the cord end (easy) and change the wiring and the receptacle,..as it's connected using the white conductor (in the cable) right now for the circuit's neutral, or 'identified conductor'. You just need to put that wire on the other side of a two pole , 15 A breaker,,..understand,..then the cable will be a 240V circuit. Just have to make sure it's a designated circuit and does NOT provide power to anything else. It really is very easy to do,..much better way than using one of those 'step up' transformers,..ffs man,..ya got 240V right in your panel. Anyhow , you are one lucky happy grower....:high-five:
Let me help you get that other light goin.:) It's easy , really!:thumb:
Scotia , send me a pic of the specs on the UK light. My 9 module 675 XG (older model) Budmaster 2, also has access panels in the back. They are expensive cuz they are serious , high quality units. Anyhow , good on ya Scotia. Cheers gang!:circle-of-love:

Wait a minute Scotia,...back up there sir....U used one of my fav. movie quotes...Al Pacino....Scarface..All i got is my balls and my word, and i don't break em for nobody.
Bad Scotia...LMAO...:grinjoint:

So as long as I have dedicated circuit and i change receptacle end to a 240. All's I'll need to do is get a 2 pole 15 amp breaker and connect hot to one side and neutral to other side of breaker. Do I still put ground wire to ground board on panel. If I already have a dedicated 110 receptacle in my room do I need to change physical wiring too

Ps duggan my favourite movie of all time. Scarface was my idol growing up lol. I know his not a real person lol. I spent a lot of time in drunk tanks when i was younger and when I had to sign out in the morning most time they had me down as Tony Montana lol.id get hammered and think I was him lol.Me and the captain always made it happen. I've since gotten older and don't drink much anymore lol.
You know what capitalism is.. getting fucked and my other favourite is I always tell the truth even when I lie..
Cheers enjoy

the transformer solution is plug and play for anyone that's not comfortable playing in a panel...while its not illegal for a homeowner to do electrical work, insurance companies could be a problem if a fire resulted from a DIY wiring job...most older homes do not have dedicated circuits unless added afterwards, so care should be taken to make sure that's the case and you don't fry anything on a shared circuit...not an electrician, so I usually have someone back up my handiwork...14 gauge wire will carry 240 unless amperage(won't be a problem on a dedicated circuit) or resistance(prolly not an issue) could be an issue due to a long wire run...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

the transformer solution is plug and play for anyone that's not comfortable playing in a panel...while its not illegal for a homeowner to do electrical work, insurance companies could be a problem if a fire resulted from a DIY wiring job...most older homes do not have dedicated circuits unless added afterwards, so care should be taken to make sure that's the case and you don't fry anything on a shared circuit...not an electrician, so I usually have someone back up my handiwork...14 gauge wire will carry 240 unless amperage(won't be a problem on a dedicated circuit) or resistance could be an issue due to a long wire run...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

This grow room I had built from scratch it has 4 plugs installed all on there own 15 amp breakers. I personally don't have problem working in or around fuse panel or other electrical stuff but definitely want to know for sure how it should be wired before performing the job. If I have to physically replace the existing wires which are all brand new wires 10gauge
I think may be 12 and only 15 feet from panel I won't be able to do as the area all around is finished
And I'm not renovating that or cutting holes to feed new wires. I'll buy step up converter until my other new grow spaces are done being built and will install proper plug in one of those rooms at that point. And on the other hand they could still request this light back so I'll see what happens.

OK...can tell you know yer way around...wasn't sure how your room was set up...I hope you didn't take offense to my post...any discussion on electrical safety for anyone following is a good thing...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

No offence taken what so ever. I'm no electrician so any advise is welcome. I do the same for the most part I'll wire everything then get a electrical friend look it over or get inspections signed off. But I don't like outsiders here really knowing to much what I have on he go so it's hard sometimes. I'm fully legit grower but people like to talk to much

Back
Top Bottom