Darkscotia Apprentices - Passion#1 Perfect Sun COB/8COB Citizen K

Any good electrical advise is good. No need to burn down any of our spots over trying to cheap out.

Voltage doesn't matter for wire, but the insulation is only factor on wire. Some have 300v jacket but most are 600 volt.

#12= 20 amps
#10= 30 amps
#14=15 amps ( most states it's not allowed to use #14 in houses According to NEC, changed few years back)

As long as home run is under 100ft you won't even have to consider voltage drop. If ya can buy 20 amp receptacles, those $.79 cent ones aren't very reliable. And can always use arc fault breakers for added safety

Good morning Scotia, Neiko,Buck, Hook and friends!
Ok....great to see such a great response from the gang with this eh Scotia!
Couple things....Buck touched on....amperage determined wire size...not the voltage.Your rec's. are wired with iether #14 or # 12 wire...not #10....that would have been way too costly for the sparky to use ok.Either size 14 or 12 is correct ok. Neiko mentioned the hertz difference of 50 and 60. The light will work with 60hz...it won't see that small difference ok!
You said you have some designated circuits already run in your GR....awesome...here's what to do. Buy a 240 v, 15 a. receptacle and install it at one of those locations ....using tje white eire as one of the 'hots' ok...the bare wire or ground gets hooked up as normal...just to the rec. box screw ok.Hook the white and black to the new 240v rec....now go to the panel and remove the cover (please be very carefull ok).Idetify the cable your working with...now remove the white wire from the 'neutral' bar and put it on the other side of a 2 pole 15 a breaker ok...along side the black wire....understand? Re install panel cover....bingo ...bango...you now have a 15a, 240v. receptacle in your GR. Any questions?

Yes sir always a great responses when asking questions in the high brix journals. I appreciate all info and help from all the gang.
Still not 100% sure I'll get to keep it at this point by the sounds of the manager response I may get too. Good business on them as I'll order probably 8-10 more in the next 6months if all goes right. And currently looking into buying there blue moon 2 as a veg light.
As soon as I know for sure I get to keep it I'll be switching plug and fuse over ASAP and I'll use the Canadian light to bloom my other grow as that room doesn't have dedicated circuits that I'm aware of. Once again thanks for all the help from all the gang

Make sure to match the new rec. you buy to the lights cord end....you might have to cut off that end and re wire a new matching one to it ok!

DS,

I will also add, when you go to the store to buy the receptacle and cord plug end, that you get the correct ones. Receptacles wired at 240 volts have a specific configuration to prevent anyone inadvertently plugging in a 120 volt load into them...."lots of sparks and smoke"

This is a NEMA 6-15R receptacle. The one you need. It's rated to be wired at 240 volts on a 15 amp circuit.
420-magazine-mobile912188174.jpg

Here is the plug end that you need to attach to the light cord. It's a NEMA 6-15P
420-magazine-mobile1913880093.jpg

If you had a 20 amp circuit, the plug and receptacle would have a different configuration (one of the blades rotated 90 degrees)

I'm an electrician just like Duggan and Buck, and they are spot on with their instructions. However I always s tell my DIY friends to use the "Approved" equipment and devices as outlined in the NEC. It will minimize any future mishaps that could end up with a lot of unwanted people (firefighters, EMT's, etc) from entering your home.

And yes the Light will run on 50-60hz no problem

Also, be safe and shut off your main breaker when you do any work in your panel, there's a lot of fault current available there depending on the distance to the utility transformer. Been in this trade since 86 and have seen my share of accidents

Take care bud

Thanks for giving Scotia those pics. Yup...alls good bud.Me too, since about 87.cheers.....

Yeah 86 I was still in Electrical trade school, and working nights under a master electrician to make my dough. 91 started as a utility lineman working the high voltage during the day, and working as electrician on my own at night. Been a good career, but ready to switch gears in the next 5 years or so.

Yeah 86 I was still in Electrical trade school, and working nights under a master electrician to make my dough. 91 started as a utility lineman working the high voltage during the day, and working as electrician on my own at night. Been a good career, but ready to switch gears in the next 5 years or so.
Ya....for me..enoughs enough...3 yrs left to retirement....this trade has been very good to me....and i almost only killed myself a handful of times..lmfao!
Its the getting up at 6 that's gotten really old these past few yrs. With me i started my apprenticeship in 87...got my ticket in 90 i believe....only had to do 4604 hrs. instead of the reg. 9000.....got credit for previous schooling ...jobs etc.
Pretty cool having other sparkies around.
Have an awesome weekend DL...

DS,

I will also add, when you go to the store to buy the receptacle and cord plug end, that you get the correct ones. Receptacles wired at 240 volts have a specific configuration to prevent anyone inadvertently plugging in a 120 volt load into them...."lots of sparks and smoke"

This is a NEMA 6-15R receptacle. The one you need. It's rated to be wired at 240 volts on a 15 amp circuit.
420-magazine-mobile912188174.jpg

Here is the plug end that you need to attach to the light cord. It's a NEMA 6-15P
420-magazine-mobile1913880093.jpg

If you had a 20 amp circuit, the plug and receptacle would have a different configuration (one of the blades rotated 90 degrees)

I'm an electrician just like Duggan and Buck, and they are spot on with their instructions. However I always s tell my DIY friends to use the "Approved" equipment and devices as outlined in the NEC. It will minimize any future mishaps that could end up with a lot of unwanted people (firefighters, EMT's, etc) from entering your home.

And yes the Light will run on 50-60hz no problem

Also, be safe and shut off your main breaker when you do any work in your panel, there's a lot of fault current available there depending on the distance to the utility transformer. Been in this trade since 86 and have seen my share of accidents

Take care bud

Thanks for that. For sure I want to stick to code. No need for insurance or anyone else to put blame of circuits not properly wired. Checked my wiring in the room today and yes it is 10 gauge wire is that going to affect me at all?

Don't send that light till they pay duty fee back. I guarantee they won't pay and tell you to keep the light. The duty is same amount as cost to build, they won't want back

That's the plan buck. No way I'm sending anything back until I get repayed first then I'd happily return light.

Your new light looks awesome Dark. I bet it's gonna grow some nice bud..✌️

So far so good brotha. Plants seems to love the light so far.

No action taken today.....but I do have some observations:

9bladed leaves on the 2nd set!! This is a very happy and vigorous hybrid.

420-magazine-mobile66590672.jpg

We are starting counting from the 5th node it looks like ?
(I see 2 sets of 7 leaf finger leafs)

EDIT: Looking closer maybe the top set is 9, just cant see the 2 smaller fingers

Hey,...what doin...Scotia,..Doc, Gazooo, and gang. You say the wires going from your panel,...to those receptacles in your GR are #10's. Overkill,...wasted copper..:wood:. #12 would be the largest , i would ever run to rec. locations, and that would only be in commercial/industrial applications. They are a real PITA to hook up to standard 15A receptacles. #10 is rated for 30 A , minimum and is usually , in residential applications , for clothes dryers, or other 30 A, 240 volt appliances/pumps/motors/heaters..etc. #14 is totally safe and reliable for household 15A circuits.
IMO , you are best to keep the light, as was said , their cost to re obtain it are simply not worth it. I am very envious of your Budmasters.
I used to go to their website , and drool over that exact light. They , believe this , or not , had a larger unit , i think it had 16 modules . They stopped manufacturing those , cant remember why right now...:tokin:
Anyhow ,..."drifting"..LMFAO...Ziggs...you out there...:rofl:...Have an awesome Friday night gang. :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom