Dank's Adventures In Dankland

Do you make tea from the earth worm casting. I need pro tips. Lol
yes I do I also add other things to depending on what I think they need if there showing nitro def throw a little blood meal in there I also add ground malted barley seed to the finished tea a few times a grow I like to add a product called radient green its real good in the tea its loaded with goodies its put out by dragonfly earth medicine you should check it out its good stuff also use non chlorinate water bubble that for about 15-24 hrs. and your good to go I foliar with that to diluted 4-1 if you have any more questions just ask bud! :)

Isn't peat moss derived from a plant? If yes, doesn't that make it organic? If yes, how is the Brix Kit considered between 5%-8% organic materials if ProMix is about 70% Peat Moss?

FWIW, it's my opinion that Brix soil can be reused beyond 3x, but I believe (speculation) that after 3 grows, it would be too difficult for DB to predict what the soil comp and chemistry would then be to be able to make a #4 amendment to suit the needs. If the user is competent though, I believe he can just keep on reusing the spent PM and correcting as needed with nutes. This is DEFINITELY the approach I am taking moving forward. I have all needed salts and just got all the other amendments and will be trying my luck at amending everything myself. I'm confident that if I can make the soil stable enough to support life that I will be able to fert as needed, exactly as if I were feeding a hydro plant.

yes I do I also add other things to depending on what I think they need if there showing nitro def throw a little blood meal in there I also add ground malted barley seed to the finished tea a few times a grow I like to add a product called radient green its real good in the tea its loaded with goodies its put out by dragonfly earth medicine you should check it out its good stuff also use non chlorinate water bubble that for about 15-24 hrs. and your good to go I foliar with that to diluted 4-1 if you have any more questions just ask bud! :)
Thanks for dropping the knowledge! Gotta go to a true OG for experience :high-five:

Maybe try adding a TBS/Gal of tea of super worm frass for the chitin if your soil doesn't already have it.

Super Worm Frass.jpg

Hey Dankman, looking good in the garden! :high-five: :passitleft:

Hay Dank How many runs are you going to try to get out of your super soil ? Just curious on how many I can expect with the SubCool super soil It sounds like three runs is all I can get from the High Brix line, Maybe 4 like Skybound says but with out soil test I will not know what to use past a third run with the High Brix stuff. I plan to keep using the Oly mix and the Coots mix for a while along with some BoogieBrew compost tea. That's my plans starting next spring unless something changes

no problem brother heres my tea set up works pretty good I use an aquarium pump with one of those extra long airstones ans some ingredients I use most often with the ewc of course! :)

This is Very helpful for those of us starting out, Thank You :thumb: I can see everything you use , Pictures work better for those of us taking baby steps Lol The pictures really do help Thank You.

Hay Dank How many runs are you going to try to get out of your super soil ? Just curious on how many I can expect with the SubCool super soil It sounds like three runs is all I can get from the High Brix line, Maybe 4 like Skybound says but with out soil test I will not know what to use past a third run with the High Brix stuff. I plan to keep using the Oly mix and the Coots mix for a while along with some BoogieBrew compost tea. That's my plans starting next spring unless something changes
Honestly I have so much mixed up I'll probably not reammend it till I start running low. I have 2 large trash cans full

your welcome pc remember only small amoun :) ts!
Honestly I will probably buy BoggieBrew compost tea I don't think they are a sponser so I cant link it but they put a lot of stuff in it and it is supposed to be the best tea mix. But it is good to have the recipe in case I want to make some

Honestly I have so much mixed up I'll probably not reammend it till I start running low. I have 2 large trash cans full

I bet you can use it till it starts to go deficient and just add ferts to keep the defs at bay until the end of that run, then you'll know going forward what will deplete first and can correct the recipe for future blends. This is the approach (I believe) that DB uses in his kit as the first run amendment is mostly calcium and some phos and less N. Everything else is in small doses and are added as needed via the drench feeds.

Honestly I will probably buy BoggieBrew compost tea I don't think they are a sponser so I cant link it but they put a lot of stuff in it and it is supposed to be the best tea mix. But it is good to have the recipe in case I want to make some

These mods are very chill IMO and they'll allow you to link to various pages so long as you give them some respect and link your page to a word, like we do in our signatures. If you can hide your link in the context of a sentence, they mostly just skip right past it. 420 mods are the best of all grower sites.

I bet you can use it till it starts to go deficient and just add ferts to keep the defs at bay until the end of that run, then you'll know going forward what will deplete first and can correct the recipe for future blends. This is the approach (I believe) that DB uses in his kit as the first run amendment is mostly calcium and some phos and less N. Everything else is in small doses and are added as needed via the drench feeds.
I think you are right about it. But I have a couple years worth of hot soil already mixed. I'm thinking I'll just save the used soil in a large trash can and keep using fresh hot soil for awhile. Hopefully it will work out. But it's all on how it goes . I'm hoping I can get away with it and maybe some simple teas like sticky makes

Back
Top Bottom