Dank's Adventures In Dankland

Yeah, there's definitely some that have difficulty with singed leaf tips. Though in all fairness, a good number of brixers are beginning to experiment with Kit drenches by driving the CalNite drench and skipping the nPk drench, plus a few other off chart practices. But generally speaking, I think it's a really good product and you have direct access to the creator. Imagine if The Rev maintained a 420 account? I remember CareStaker. I believe he was on the Bud Wash thread since the beginning. I also believe he was subbed to one of my journals years back, but my previous grow spots I had to shut down for security. For a while, and to a small degree on my big PC, I have shiny leaves, so I'm not sold that this sheen is brix related, but more so very healthy. Woody's leaves are like that, Bob and Con too, all 3 of them use a different blend. I wish all you guys had refractometers to compare Brix. Well, Con does that I know of, but I don't think woody or Bob does. I'm not even going to waste my blood cells testing any of my hydro again as I know it's not possible now.
I have a meter maybe I need to get it out and try it see what happens if I do ill tell ya! :)

Do you also have a garlic press? I'm definitely curious what your brix is.

Subcools super soil recipe I'm using has been around for a long time with shit load of people that have used it. I'm hoping for the best. The only thing I see with the brix is you have to buy a kit from someone. Seems like a guy could come up with a good mix on there own, like Woody and so many others. I'll spend time this weekend researching hi brix. I might be totally off base. It's hard for me to buy into kits tho. Like build a soil. Seems like just paying for someone to mix stuff for me

Do you also have a garlic press? I'm definitely curious what your brix is.
no ive done it before with two quarters between a pair of pliers and I got it to work but the last two times I tried couldn't get enough juice its good to test a leaf from the middle of the plant in the afternoon after the plant has been in the sun/light for a few hrs. ill need to take the meter over to the plants because you need to test rite away after clipping the leaf ill get back to you on that mr sky! :)

This is the thread I have been following I know Skybound is also following the post. I had lots of questions for Doc Bud and he gave some good answers...…………………………. Doc Bud: High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey Sticky, Sky, all! I'm totally not trying to bad mouth other methods but I can see how it comes off that way so, sorry. I'm more just trying to promote the kit, it's ease of use, affordability, great results and amazing support. Seen plenty amazing results from non kit users, take Stank for example, he crushes with his own blend of soil!

Subcools super soil recipe I'm using has been around for a long time with shit load of people that have used it. I'm hoping for the best. The only thing I see with the brix is you have to buy a kit from someone. Seems like a guy could come up with a good mix on there own, like Woody and so many others. I'll spend time this weekend researching hi brix. I might be totally off base. It's hard for me to buy into kits tho. Like build a soil. Seems like just paying for someone to mix stuff for me

Disagree Dank. Doc does not mix soil for us, he just provides the perfect amendments. Why do all the work when a perfect system is provided with all the positives I mentioned above. Some people like to tinker and to each his or her own! Kit users don't have to tinker with soil so can spend more effort on environment and training.

I've turned a lot of users on to the kit and each time, I feel a little pride and love to watch them knock it out of the park!

:passitleft:

It's hard for me to buy into kits tho. Like build a soil. Seems like just paying for someone to mix stuff for me

It is exactly that, buying into a program, just like using a line of nutes in hydro. I broke that chain and intend to continue to stay in my own lane, but I will try to emulate the principals used in the Kit like 10:1 Ca:Mg and 18:1 Ca:K, low organic content 5%-8%, fish hydrolysate based foliar sprays and a seaweed spray for any visible stress and EWC for the myco herd. Being in my lane, I will have the liberty to change anything I see fit, but I'll try to remember that my knowledge has limits.

@weenmeoff @Skybound you guys almost have me sold on the brix theory. I'm still hoping my super soil recipe will be the cats pajamas because I have around 50 gallons of it mixed ;) I'm curious to what is in doc's amendments. Does anyone know what is in it
no I don't no whats in it but I sure as heck wouldn't toss all that soil! :)

@weenmeoff @Skybound you guys almost have me sold on the brix theory. I'm still hoping my super soil recipe will be the cats pajamas because I have around 50 gallons of it mixed ;) I'm curious to what is in doc's amendments. Does anyone know what is in it

Every component has a Guaranteed Analysis that lists what ingredients are in each. I look at these ingredients, learn how much of each element is in each ingredient and reference the feed chart to better grasp how it all plays out. There's some immediately available nutes in the soil, but most is not yet liberated and is why the promix, DB amendment and EWC need a month to cook, this IMO allows the microbes to get to cracking colloids apart and liberating ions so when the roots begin to exudate, the microbes have a plentiful supply of various ions to exchange for the exudates and the plants grow healthy healthy healthy. What fucked me in hydro is not having as robust of a microbe colony, but also never ever letting my root zones encounter drought conditions which allows the plants to take in lots of extra water which then dilutes the nutrient density as well as the sucrose levels.

Hey Sticky, Sky, all! I'm totally not trying to bad mouth other methods but I can see how it comes off that way so, sorry. I'm more just trying to promote the kit, it's ease of use, affordability, great results and amazing support. Seen plenty amazing results from non kit users, take Stank for example, he crushes with his own blend of soil!

Disagree Dank. Doc does not mix soil for us, he just provides the perfect amendments. Why do all the work when a perfect system is provided with all the positives I mentioned above. Some people like to tinker and to each his or her own! Kit users don't have to tinker with soil so can spend more effort on environment and training.

I've turned a lot of users on to the kit and each time, I feel a little pride and love to watch them knock it out of the park!

hey ween I didn't take it that way even though I may have come across that way:) I can see the advantage for using the kit I just want to do it myself there are plenty of guys here that grow beautiful potent plants on there own I want to do that im not bad mouthing the kit!

Every component has a Guaranteed Analysis that lists what ingredients are in each. I look at these ingredients, learn how much of each element is in each ingredient and reference the feed chart to better grasp how it all plays out. There's some immediately available nutes in the soil, but most is not yet liberated and is why the promix, DB amendment and EWC need a month to cook, this IMO allows the microbes to get to cracking colloids apart and liberating ions so when the roots begin to exudate, the microbes have a plentiful supply of various ions to exchange for the exudates and the plants grow healthy healthy healthy. What fucked me in hydro is not having as robust of a microbe colony, but also never ever letting my root zones encounter drought conditions which allows the plants to take in lots of extra water which then dilutes the nutrient density as well as the sucrose levels.
My trash cans of Subs recipe had a cover of a web/mold looking layer on the top of the soil after it composted for 8 weeks. I kinda freaked out at first but apparently it is microbial colonies and a good thing

I figure between now and next spring I can buy the Doc Buds kit sold on the Zon I already have the ProMix and Earth Worm Castings so now I just need the kit. I will be doing a Journal next spring comparing different soils I have the Oly Mountain Mix The Coots Mix and some Fox Farm Happy Frog and Oceanforst I also plan to do a mix based on Super Cools soil recipe. It will be interesting to see how they compare side by side :morenutes:

I figure between now and next spring I can buy the Doc Buds kit sold on the Zon I already have the ProMix and Earth Worm Castings so now I just need the kit. I will be doing a Journal next spring comparing different soils I have the Oly Mountain Mix The Coots Mix and some Fox Farm Happy Frog and Oceanforst I also plan to do a mix based on Super Cools soil recipe. It will be interesting to see how they compare side by side :morenutes:
hey pc that sounds good I would like to see that btw I used some happy frog on some zuccini and they almost died these were plants in a 1 gal pot about a ft tall they were growing in some root 707 and kicking but when I transplanted them into the ground with happy frog and they stopped growing just saying be careful!

no I don't no whats in it but I sure as heck wouldn't toss all that soil! :)

Agree! Use what you have first! Then switch to the kit, ha!:rofl:

What he said! I'm lazy and don't concern myself with too many details.

hey ween I didn't take it that way even though I may have come across that way:) I can see the advantage for using the kit I just want to do it myself there are plenty of guys here that grow beautiful potent plants on there own I want to do that im not bad mouthing the kit!

Understood brother! I think we're all on the same page. We wanna grow the best weed possible and I think most of us in this convo prefer organic to bottled nutes...

I wish I would have found the kit before spending so much on other stuff to mix a super soil. but I have the stuff for the other soils so I will try them all.

Back
Top Bottom