Dank's Adventures In Dankland

I just noticed that each QB draws less current than one of my Veros. If I understand things correctly, I can drive all four V2's with a single HLG-240H-C1750B or C2100B maybe.

Are you sure it doesn't need a heat sink?? I have QBs. A few 260 V2 with 2 boards and the heat sink and the power supply both get too hot to touch. I had to turn them down.

Might be a different lamp but I bought it April so its fairly new and a V2

It's 2 boards @ 260w - so you're looking at the 132's so its 4 boards same amps?? If you can get heat sinks I'd do it. Then you have something to mount the boards to!

Look here - you get everything you need just have to put it together. It's so easy even a grass grower can do it! lol

one atf cracked and is in the dirt! :)

Congrats sticky.

Are you sure it doesn't need a heat sink?? I have QBs. A few 260 V2 with 2 boards and the heat sink and the power supply both get too hot to touch. I had to turn them down.

Might be a different lamp but I bought it April so its fairly new and a V2

It's 2 boards @ 260w - so you're looking at the 132's so its 4 boards same amps?? If you can get heat sinks I'd do it. Then you have something to mount the boards to!

Look here - you get everything you need just have to put it together. It's so easy even a grass grower can do it! lol

Congrats sticky.

I was checking out these 4 QB's that Dank put me onto. Looking at the panels, I can see there's not an insane number of diodes, plus the description says that no thermal interface or heatsink is required. No to mention, the panels will be in a sealed room with a dedicated mini split, so I can keep things on the cooler side which would be helpful for the lights. So even though these boards are fairly weak by any comparison, surrounding them with up to 18 - 80 watt COBs would probably help fill in the lack of intensity.

If I do need to heat sink them, that would likely influence the price enough to force me to consider other brands and models. I'm aiming to harvest 6-8 ounces per plant, in 10 gallons of amended peat soil and vegged for 6-8 weeks each. I think with the proposed lights, amount of soil, veg time that my expectations are reasonable and with 9 sites, I can chop one per week. Worst case scenario, I can keep it with an HID in the middle and COB the perimeter of the HID's footprint for a nice hybrid.

I was checking out these 4 QB's that Dank put me onto. Looking at the panels, I can see there's not an insane number of diodes, plus the description says that no thermal interface or heatsink is required. No to mention, the panels will be in a sealed room with a dedicated mini split, so I can keep things on the cooler side which would be helpful for the lights. So even though these boards are fairly weak by any comparison, surrounding them with up to 18 - 80 watt COBs would probably help fill in the lack of intensity.

If I do need to heat sink them, that would likely influence the price enough to force me to consider other brands and models. I'm aiming to harvest 6-8 ounces per plant, in 10 gallons of amended peat soil and vegged for 6-8 weeks each. I think with the proposed lights, amount of soil, veg time that my expectations are reasonable and with 9 sites, I can chop one per week. Worst case scenario, I can keep it with an HID in the middle and COB the perimeter of the HID's footprint for a nice hybrid.
I think it's just the 120's that don't need heat sink. Probably cause it only has 120 LEDs. I could be wrong

I think it's just the 120's that don't need heat sink. Probably cause it only has 120 LEDs. I could be wrong

It says no sinks needed in the description.

Today I found this little guy hanging out on my back door. Also my Ting #1 looks like a girl and Ting #2 looks like a dude. Still not completely sure yet. My Chernobyl is looking like a girl too. The rare Dankness seedlings are growing at turtle speed. They are half the size of the others at same age. Hopefully they aren't freeloader dudes :rofl:
Screenshot_20190826-170136.png

Haha, I can be the guinea pig and do the testing with the QB boards. That will be 6 boards in the 4'x8'. Hopefully it will be enough. Lol. The new kit is 3 boards 288's R spec 320 watts. Seems others have more boards in smaller tent. Time will tell. The original 3 boards are 4k 288's. So it will be a mixed spectrum

Haha, I can be the guinea pig and do the testing with the QB boards. That will be 6 boards in the 4'x8'. Hopefully it will be enough. Lol. The new kit is 3 boards 288's R spec 320 watts. Seems others have more boards in smaller tent. Time will tell. The original 3 boards are 4k 288's. So it will be a mixed spectrum
well im watching to see how it does im going to be getting new lights eventually and im very interested in those qb I saw somewhere that the person put the driver outside the tent because they said that was where most of the heat came from is that true! :)

well im watching to see how it does im going to be getting new lights eventually and im very interested in those qb I saw somewhere that the person put the driver outside the tent because they said that was where most of the heat came from is that true! :)
The boards I have now run really cool. Even the driver, it gets kinda warm to the touch but not hot at all. I can't say that they don't produce any heat, just not enough to make a difference. I ran hps lights for a few years and I can definitely say these are way cooler. I still don't believe they will ever yeild as good as the hps 1000 watters, but it's a lot less cost on the light bill and no heat issues. My 32"x48"x60" I've been using I had the driver outside of the tent. The 4'x8' I have it inside

The boards I have now run really cool. Even the driver, it gets kinda warm to the touch but not hot at all. I can't say that they don't produce any heat, just not enough to make a difference. I ran hps lights for a few years and I can definitely say these are way cooler. I still don't believe they will ever yeild as good as the hps 1000 watters, but it's a lot less cost on the light bill and no heat issues. My 32"x48"x60" I've been using I had the driver outside of the tent. The 4'x8' I have it inside
that's good to no I always have a heat problem so it sounds like the qbs are the way to go for me thanks!

that's good to no I always have a heat problem so it sounds like the qbs are the way to go for me thanks!
There's cheaper boards out there like on Alibaba but I'm little scared of the super cheap ones. I'm happy with the first set of horticulture lighting group boards and meanwell driver. I built a 20$ frame and wired them up from a diy kit and saved some cash

Back
Top Bottom