CoffeeShopSeeds Sponsored Grow: Emmie’s Huge 1 Month Interval Constant Harvest

I have the results of the total stretch on our 4 new varieties, now at day 17 of bloom.
Despite what happened with the GC, the rest of them kept stretch to a minimum. I am sure we can expect an outlier every now and then, but overall I think the red lights worked. There was never any danger of having to resort to super cropping or lifting the light more than a few extra inches.

Variety
Original Height in inches
Height after 16 days
Percentage of Stretch
Green Crack1631
112%​
Ghost Train Haze1834
88%​
HulkBerry1930
58%​
Strawberry Lemonade18.533
78%​
Interesting to know this information. Nice work. This is pretty close to what I’d expect. The most sativa has the most stretch. The 50/50 hybrid the least.

Interesting to know this information. Nice work. This is pretty close to what I’d expect. The most sativa has the most stretch. The 50/50 hybrid the least.
That makes perfect sense, thank you! Next time I will check the lineage and make a prediction regarding the stretch under these lights.

Late, congratulations on your double-win. If anybody deserves to win member of the month and journal of the month it is definitely you!!!
Thank you so much! Stay tuned... now I bet that they are going to make me work a bit around this place in order to offset some of the shipping. :rofl:

Veg Room #1 is still dominated by the @DYNOMYCO test grow, click HERE, for details.

Veg Room #2 is about to rotate over to bloom and in 4 days will only house our Auto plant, also covered in a dedicated journal, click HERE.
DSCF1208.JPG

Today the Tangies needed water badly, after only 4 days since last watering. This is very good to see, in that we can see from the shorter wet/dry cycle this time that they are growing into these larger 5g containers, and by the time we are done with stretch in a couple of weeks, they should be on a 2-3 day wet/dry cycle, just as we like it. They all got watered today, and by the time we swap rooms they will need water again. They are just 4 days into their last feeding of VEG, so that will last until the end of stretch in 2 weeks or so.

Bloom is beautiful and tonight I will center in again on the White Widow buds as we watch them start to finish out.

DSCF1205.JPG
DSCF1204.JPG
DSCF1203.JPG

We are 3 days from room rotation in Veg 2. I have no choice but to send the Tangies over to Bloom under a supplemental light, until some of the 2 groups of blooming plants get harvested. I will be using my DIY 6x COB array, with the Angelina Reflectors. Veg 1 will continue with the Dynomyco experiment and in a couple of months the females of that group will be ready to bloom.

Our every 30 day rotation has been affected this month, in two places.... longer bloom than anticipated (the white widows may go 10 weeks) combined with a month long struggle to get new seeds going in Veg1. We will keep plodding away, and with all the varieties heading for harvest in future unknown timespans, it is probably a good thing to mellow out the vegging process a bit while we wait for the bloom room to do its magic.

Bloom needed watering today and I have noticed that if I don't water consistently every 2 days, the plants not only get extra thirsty, but they also don't get fed. For the first time I am realizing that a dry medium does indeed stop a lot of the microbial activity and the resulting deficiency can be quickly seen on the leaves. It turns out that I don't have the luxury of watering either after 3 days or 2... since I have gotten them on a 2 day wet/dry cycle, that is what they need. If I get lazy, it shows. It looks like I need to fill up the big water barrel upstairs because we are going through a LOT of water right now, about 40 gallons a week!

The Vanilla Kush are starting to turn now, and these are the first colored pistils seen on both of the plants.
DSCF1220.JPG
DSCF1219.JPG
DSCF1218.JPG

The buds are now heavy enough that this plant is having trouble holding them up. More tomato cages were built today, and only one short and stout plant is now without a cage. It is also the one plant that somehow was left in a 3 gallon container, so that makes sense.
DSCF1217.JPG

Here is one of the White Widows... zoom in on those trichomes!
DSCF1221.JPG

The WW is on the advanced GF feed with terp/massive?

Looking great!
They have been getting Massive on whichever watering cycle runs through a Sunday, so once a week. Terpinator the rest of the time, every time.

Before getting the Massive, I was using molasses for the microbes and the trace sulfur, and then I replaced that with GLN's Sweet Candy, an awesome product containing K, vitamins, aminos and molasses. Massive has the same stuff, so I stopped using Sweet Candy for now. I am alarmed however at the price of the Massive and how fast it is being used up even once a week... I am considering buying another inexpensive bag of Sweet Candy and using it all the time, and then lightening up on the Terp a bit.

For the first time I am realizing that a dry medium does indeed stop a lot of the microbial activity and the resulting deficiency can be quickly seen on the leaves.
I noticed similar results with my remote grow. My daughter didn't keep up on things as much as I would and it showed in the plants. Less yield and even a few seeds. My only other observation is that the thirsty girls produced what seems to be more trichomes. It's anecdotal evidence at best but, based on what you are seeing and my own results, I would concur with your assessment. FWIW, LMAO.

Today I got my cloning station going again, after receiving 72 new foam cloning collars, and by tomorrow the water should be warmed to a nice root inducing 75 degrees after bubbling on my new heat mat. I plan on cleaning up some of the plants that are in early bloom by taking 3 clones each of Strawberry Lemonade, Hulkberry, and Green Crack.
DSCF1234.JPG

Today was watering day in all the rooms, and on their last day in Veg 2 at day 29 of the room switch, the Tangerine Dream 47s are ready to go. We have 3 solidly identified as female plants ready for their new adventure and one stubborn one to show sex in the bloom room already, that might join the party. The plan is to spread out a little and move the Dynomyco plants into Veg 2 along with the Auto that is blooming in there, and then I will start working with my clones in Veg 1.

Here is Veg 2, not very long after watering, after a very acceptable 3 day wet/dry cycle. By the end of stretch, these girls will be on an every other day water cycle just like everyone else in the bloom room.
DSCF1230.JPG

The bloom room is doing interesting things. I am seeing a bit of a leaf die off on one of my widows, but checking the trichomes doesnt show that she is done already at day 52. She is still using a lot of water, so tonight along with everyone else she got watered with Terpinator and Massive.
DSCF1225.JPG
DSCF1224.JPG

The problem only seems to be in that one plant, and it might be the heat we have been having, the light pattern or any number of other things. I will keep my eyes on her and we will try to figure it out. The buds still look great on her, but she is causing me a little bit of stress with the dying sun leaves. The rest of the plants look better, but there still is a hang dog droopy look in the room that I don't like. Tomorrow I am going to work on my air exchange a bit and really spread the plants out so they can breathe. I quite possibly need another big wall fan, with so many plants throwing off moisture in the room.
DSCF1226.JPG
DSCF1223.JPG
DSCF1222.JPG

very drooly.
i really like the pics of your plants. and it not so secretly pisses me off that i can't run a similar grow style. :cheesygrinsmiley:

edit : bit of n claw .. winky ... i run heavy n as well a la mc nutes.

Wow. So what do you do, soak those collars and pop in the cutting til it roots out the bottom then remove them when they hit the dirt?
Not sure there is any need to soak the collars, I am just waiting for the water to reach temperature or I would have taken the clones yesterday. But yes, the bubble cloner is amazing. I prepare the cutting, snip the leaves and apply clonex, and then sit the cuttings above the water. The stimulus to grow roots comes from the occasional bubble that pops and throws moisture onto the cutting. Even though the cuttings are now blooming, I expect them to convert back to VEG and throw out roots in 7-10 days.

Not sure there is any need to soak the collars, I am just waiting for the water to reach temperature or I would have taken the clones yesterday. But yes, the bubble cloner is amazing. I prepare the cutting, snip the leaves and apply clonex, and then sit the cuttings above the water. The stimulus to grow roots comes from the occasional bubble that pops and throws moisture onto the cutting. Even though the cuttings are now blooming, I expect them to convert back to VEG and throw out roots in 7-10 days.
That’s so cool. So I guess you particularly like these three? Is that why you are cloning them?

That’s so cool. So I guess you particularly like these three? Is that why you are cloning them?
Don't really know yet how well I like them, not ever having them before, but since they are a one time thing in my garden right now, I want to give them another chance. I also want to see how cloning does in my room rotation constant harvest thing, so it was time to pull that tool out of the toolbox and try it. Third, you have seen me and seeds... Let's have a round without all that stress. Forth, remember that party I went to with all the KC area top growers? I am responding to a call for clones and wish I had a bigger bubble cloner.

The bloom room is doing interesting things. I am seeing a bit of a leaf die off on one of my widows, but checking the trichomes doesnt show that she is done already at day 52. She is still using a lot of water, so tonight along with everyone else she got watered with Terpinator and Massive.
DSCF1225.JPG
DSCF1224.JPG

The problem only seems to be in that one plant, and it might be the heat we have been having, the light pattern or any number of other things. I will keep my eyes on her and we will try to figure it out. The buds still look great on her, but she is causing me a little bit of stress with the dying sun leaves. The rest of the plants look better, but there still is a hang dog droopy look in the room that I don't like. Tomorrow I am going to work on my air exchange a bit and really spread the plants out so they can breathe. I quite possibly need another big wall fan, with so many plants throwing off moisture in the room.
DSCF1226.JPG
DSCF1223.JPG
DSCF1222.JPG

I read that White Widow is prone to mold so you might want to take a closer look at the damaged sugar leaves around the flower. That was how I determined bud rot last fall.

Well, here they are, blooming hard, now in the cloner. Like them or not, they are what we have. There are 3 of each, identified by color. The orange collars are hosting the Strawberry Bananas, purple the HulkBerrys, and green of course, the Green Crack.

They were all cut at a 45 degree angle, the bottom half inch cut in two halves and the stem scraped bare in 4 or 5 spots up the trunk, on two sides of the stem. The leaves were all chopped in half to stop transpiration and they were dipped in Clonex for around a minute. Then they were carefully placed in the collars so that the stem reached down almost to the water, but not in the water. We want the bubbles to do the work here, not the swirling water. Then the entire batch was misted, and while not usually necessary, I will try to do that twice a day. The cloner is sitting on my heat mat set at 75 degrees, so the water should be nice and warm. I am going to set up a weak light above them, set to 18/6. Now we wait. I expect it to take around 7 days for them to get back to vegging and then another 3 or 4 days to root after that.

DSCF1235.JPG

I read that White Widow is prone to mold so you might want to take a closer look at the damaged sugar leaves around the flower. That was how I determined bud rot last fall.
That occurred to me too, especially after I noted how badly the growth under the canopy was turning out... it's always something.

Em, your house must smell amazing ;)
Actually, not so much. I have a big can filter going 24/7 up there, sending massive amounts of air outside through the window, so the negative air pressure keeps all of the smell confined up in the attic, so effectively that downstairs you can't tell at all what is going on. The large carbon filter keeps the neighborhood from smelling like a dispensary too, so no one really has a clue what I am doing here. Ms. J. is a full time firefighter/paramedic and we like to keep the downstairs smell free for the co-workers and other first responders that show up around here on a regular basis. We also don't smoke in that part of the house and we have another filter and fan installed in Dad's suite, in his outer room that we consider our communal smoking room.

Back
Top Bottom