CoffeeShopSeeds Sponsored Grow: Emmie’s Huge 1 Month Interval Constant Harvest

Veg Room #1
No big changes in here overnight. They continue to unfurl their light gathering ability, taking full advantage of the last application of @GeoFlora Nutrients. They don't need water yet since water weight can be felt in each of the cups, but they are definitely using the water at a good pace. The @Mars Hydro SP-3000 has been turned up a little bit, and the girls seem to like it.
I have also zoomed in on that multi-color striping on our HulkBerry... is this genetic or something else?
DSCF0636.JPG

DSCF0635.JPG

Veg Room #2
This room is thriving except for one plant, and I am still not sure what is wrong with her. I am hoping that she either comes out of it or gives me more clues as to what the problem is. I think I need to go sit with her for an hour or so and see if I can figure it out.
DSCF0634.JPG

Bloom Room
Now I am in a bit of a quandary. I am seeing amber everywhere except at the very top, and at that very top all around the plants there is some foxtailing going on, complete with fresh white pistils. It looks like they are giving a second effort, and are still expanding the buds outward and upward using this foxtailing as the method of doing it. I have seen multiple sativas do this, and put on significant new weight by doing so, and I think that is what we are seeing here. Oh, and factor this in too... the new foxtail growth is also already showing a noticeable amount of amber trichomes!

I am very curious where this goes, but what would you do? Harvest, or patiently wait?
DSCF0638.JPG
DSCF0637.JPG

you had that same striping? I was wondering what that was all about.
No, I never noticed that on mine if it was there. Just cool looking, doesn't appear to be anything but an anomaly. Very interesting, wonder if you'll get more?

Veg Room #1
No big changes in here overnight. They continue to unfurl their light gathering ability, taking full advantage of the last application of @GeoFlora Nutrients. They don't need water yet since water weight can be felt in each of the cups, but they are definitely using the water at a good pace. The @Mars Hydro SP-3000 has been turned up a little bit, and the girls seem to like it.
I have also zoomed in on that multi-color striping on our HulkBerry... is this genetic or something else?
DSCF0636.JPG

DSCF0635.JPG

Veg Room #2
This room is thriving except for one plant, and I am still not sure what is wrong with her. I am hoping that she either comes out of it or gives me more clues as to what the problem is. I think I need to go sit with her for an hour or so and see if I can figure it out.
DSCF0634.JPG

Bloom Room
Now I am in a bit of a quandary. I am seeing amber everywhere except at the very top, and at that very top all around the plants there is some foxtailing going on, complete with fresh white pistils. It looks like they are giving a second effort, and are still expanding the buds outward and upward using this foxtailing as the method of doing it. I have seen multiple sativas do this, and put on significant new weight by doing so, and I think that is what we are seeing here. Oh, and factor this in too... the new foxtail growth is also already showing a noticeable amount of amber trichomes!

I am very curious where this goes, but what would you do? Harvest, or patiently wait?
DSCF0638.JPG
DSCF0637.JPG
Take them!!! I had this exact same thing happen a couple times. What it means to me is that the bud is beginning to become "beyond ready." You are losing the perfect bud shape, and with mine they just kept doing this and doing this and I could have let them go forever. Maybe every strain doesn't have to depend on when it gets harvested by when amber reaches the very tops? Not sure, all I know is if I were you I would take them. They are not going to improve in quality or add appreciable yield anymore imho. Two cents for you.

Are the Vanilla Kush in the veg room? I have lost track of them. Mine are just starting to take off a little in the flood and drain. I have a forked clone that looks different but I think it will be okay.

Are the Vanilla Kush in the veg room? I have lost track of them. Mine are just starting to take off a little in the flood and drain. I have forked clone that looks different but I think it will be okay.
Yes, there are 2 of them in Veg Room #2, sporting the green plant tags in the front and back left.
DSCF0634.JPG

Take them!!! I had this exact same thing happen a couple times. What it means to me is that the bud is beginning to become "beyond ready." You are losing the perfect bud shape, and with mine they just kept doing this and doing this and I could have let them go forever. Maybe every strain doesn't have to depend on when it gets harvested by when amber reaches the very tops? Not sure, all I know is if I were you I would take them. They are not going to improve in quality or add appreciable yield anymore imho. Two cents for you.
Yes, seeing the foxtailing really starting to develop today, I tend to agree with you. Also, I failed to mention that today, on the 4th day since last watering, they are both still heavy. They have slowed down taking up water. This is a sure sign that they are finished. Note this down, the ultimate ripeness was not determined in this case by either the trichomes nor the pistils... one has to take in a general overview of the entire plant and what is happening to her.

The trimming crew is busy today, and I really don't want to go into trim jail today either because it is 70 and sunny out there right now and I have a dog house to work on, a yard to mow, and the season's first BBQ to get going this afternoon. So, I turned off the big @NextLight MEGA and we will now put them into darkness for the next 36 hours. Monday night or Tuesday morning, we will pull them.

For the next 10 days, the Bloom Room will go idle while waiting on the next rotation and during that time my solar panels will be generating well more than the house is using. My power bill was $59 last month thanks to the bright springtime sunlight and this month because of this shutdown, I will likely be billed just the minimum service fee.
:green_heart:Energy!
1651427331673.png

Yes, seeing the foxtailing really starting to develop today, I tend to agree with you. Also, I failed to mention that today, on the 4th day since last watering, they are both still heavy. They have slowed down taking up water. This is a sure sign that they are finished. Note this down, the ultimate ripeness was not determined in this case by either the trichomes nor the pistils... one has to take in a general overview of the entire plant and what is happening to her.
Running into a similar situation with three clones with additional new fox tailing growth. Water intake significantly declined after my fourth drought, so placed them under darkness last night. Debating whether or not to stagger harvest after taking off the top parts of the plant.

Never have stagger harvested after placing girls in 36 hours darkness.

When having multiple fox tailing stages the quality of the bud was pretty solid with very minimal bleaching.

Running into a similar situation with three clones with additional new fox tailing growth. Water intake significantly declined after my fourth drought, so placed them under darkness last night. Debating whether or not to stagger harvest after taking off the top parts of the plant.

When having multiple fox tailing stages the quality of the bud was pretty solid with very minimal bleaching.

That would be an interesting experiment, @Farmer Reading! I have wondered how they would do in this exact scenario. Please share if you do!!!

A staggered harvest isnt going to do you any good on a plant that has already given up the ghost and is basically just drying on the vine after the darkness. Staggering is for when you want to take a few of the top buds and let the lower canopy catch up a little in the bright light... before darkness.

I wish our electricity bill was only $59 a month. Even in US money, it's a lot less expensive than our electricity bill, which is usually $275 to $300 a month.

Veg Room #1
Things are just short of amazing in here today. They were at their 6th day since last watering. Today they got a well deserved drink. I expect an immediate growth spurt. Here are some shots of the stars of this show:

DSCF0645.JPG
DSCF0644.JPG
DSCF0643.JPG
DSCF0642.JPG
DSCF0641.JPG

Veg Room #2
I will probably cull one plant in here, one of the white widows. I don't know what is wrong with her, but I don't think she will be following us into the bloom room in 8 days. I am thinking of taking the soil outside to see if I can grow a tomato in it, or if something begins to eat it too. The rest of the plants look amazing after their last topping and I think I am going to be pleased with the production that we get out of the 4 remaining plants. I have to keep reminding myself that there will be more plants following them in 30 days and every 30 days after that. I am not going to stress over losing one plant.

DSCF0650.JPG
DSCF0648.JPG
DSCF0647.JPG
DSCF0646.JPG

Bloom Room
This room is in the dark for 5 more hours. The plants still feel supple and alive. We will chop anytime after midnight tonight. I am not going to take a flash picture... that would just be rude.

We went to late 4/20 party the other night, a birthday party and a sort of yearly grower's cup competition among some of KC's leading growers, and these heavy hitters were very impressed with our little jar of Bushman's. Contact @CannaPot seeds to get some... it is good stuff!
This is fantastic Em! I hope to find the folks around here and join them when I can! Go Bushmans!

:ciao: NIce!

Veg
Both rooms seem to be doing well, or at least the plants look great! The little ones are still growing furiously, trying to make up for lost time and suddenly they are drinking water like crazy, and even after watering them just yesterday, they are already feeling significantly lighter. They are not light enough to water, but maybe tomorrow? The wet/dry cycle is strong with these girls.
DSCF0651.JPG

The big ones in Veg 2 are still praying hard and not yet needing water after 6 days since last watering. We are at day 11 of the feeding cycle and still a week away from switching to bloom. When I water and feed, the question will be do I give them VEG or BLOOM nutes. I am leaning toward the BLOOM side of this debate.

DSCF0652.JPG

Bloom

The big news is that in Bloom, I have just harvested the first of the Amnesia F2s after 8 months, 1 week and 3 days of life and 74 days of bloom, including 48 hours in the dark at the end. After trimming, the scale said we have 466 grams of very dense and heavy buds. Using my formula, I estimate this to be approximately 3.7 oz. DRY. This is totally acceptable after all the bugs and hardship that this old plant had to endure during its life. Now we will dry and cure and find out how strong this one turned out to be.
DSCF0653.JPG

The darkness period has resulted in some very nice trichomes, that to me seem to be longer than they were going into harvest darkness mode, and certainly a lot more of them have turned amber. I expect this to be some very strong medicine. Here are the microscope shots:

2022_05_03_20_31_14_007.jpg
2022_05_03_20_30_09_069.jpg
2022_05_03_20_31_55_480.jpg
2022_05_03_20_32_06_942.jpg

Veg
Both rooms seem to be doing well, or at least the plants look great! The little ones are still growing furiously, trying to make up for lost time and suddenly they are drinking water like crazy, and even after watering them just yesterday, they are already feeling significantly lighter. They are not light enough to water, but maybe tomorrow? The wet/dry cycle is strong with these girls.
DSCF0651.JPG

The big ones in Veg 2 are still praying hard and not yet needing water after 6 days since last watering. We are at day 11 of the feeding cycle and still a week away from switching to bloom. When I water and feed, the question will be do I give them VEG or BLOOM nutes. I am leaning toward the BLOOM side of this debate.

DSCF0652.JPG

Bloom
The big news is that in Bloom, I have just harvested the first of the Amnesia F2s after 8 months, 1 week and 3 days of life and 74 days of bloom, including 48 hours in the dark at the end. After trimming, the scale said we have 466 grams of very dense and heavy buds. Using my formula, I estimate this to be approximately 3.7 oz. DRY. This is totally acceptable after all the bugs and hardship that this old plant had to endure during its life. Now we will dry and cure and find out how strong this one turned out to be.
DSCF0653.JPG

The darkness period has resulted in some very nice trichomes, that to me seem to be longer than they were going into harvest darkness mode, and certainly a lot more of them have turned amber. I expect this to be some very strong medicine. Here are the microscope shots:

2022_05_03_20_31_14_007.jpg
2022_05_03_20_30_09_069.jpg
2022_05_03_20_31_55_480.jpg
2022_05_03_20_32_06_942.jpg
Congrats on the harvest!! Hey, so does this answer my question, which is, "do the trichomes continue to develop during the 36 hours of darkness, and if so will there be more amber after that than before?" Does it always happen like this for you when you do the darkness thing relative to the trichomes?

Congrats on the harvest!! Hey, so does this answer my question, which is, "do the trichomes continue to develop during the 36 hours of darkness, and if so will there be more amber after that than before?" Does it always happen like this for you when you do the darkness thing relative to the trichomes?
Yes, this works every time. Without subjecting the plant to the bright lights, no trichomes break down, protecting the plant. They continue to grow and ripen at the normal rate, even in the dark and you end up with more net trichomes. I truly believe that this 36 hours of darkness has been proven to be effective, and other than time or space constraints, I don't understand why everyone doesn't do this.

Yes, this works every time. Without subjecting the plant to the bright lights, no trichomes break down, protecting the plant. They continue to grow and ripen at the normal rate, even in the dark and you end up with more net trichomes. I truly believe that this 36 hours of darkness has been proven to be effective, and other than time or space constraints, I don't understand why everyone doesn't do this.
I have and do sometimes, just depends on if I think the plant is worth it. Lol. But I haven't done it enough to have a sense like you just provided. The part about the trichs continuing to develop at the same rate is not a big deal (that initially worried me), all you gotta do if you want what you always get without "over-ambering" yourself is to shave 36 hours on the front end, right? Easy enough. I'm planning on doing it in the tent this time with the two FPCs. The Mystery plant will already be done (she's significantly ahead of the others) and the Jack auto will be as well or can get relocated. This is assuming they harvest at the same time, which is iffy considering the difference in pheno. And I will definitely do it with Titan. Thanks.

That would be an interesting experiment, @Farmer Reading! I have wondered how they would do in this exact scenario. Please share if you do!!!
Nix that (stagger harvest) @Jon I forgot about the plants and they have been under 64 hours of darkness with 24 RH :lot-o-toke:
Chopping them now and will post some picks in my journal.

Sounds like next harvest I'll cherry pick some of my top buds, put some more weight on some of the lower buds, and finally put them under for 36 or 108 hours, lol.

Congrats on the harvest, Em. I have a question about watering the plants in Veg 1. How much water should I be feeding them at this age? Do you water until run-off the way you would a plant in a bigger pot?

Normally, I weigh the cup when it's dry (around 85g weight) and add water up to 150g in weight. This is totally arbitrary on my part. I've been watering mine around the edge of the cup so far.

Back
Top Bottom