CoffeeShopSeeds Sponsored Grow: Emmie’s Huge 1 Month Interval Constant Harvest

Veg Room #1
One of the White Widows is acting a little persnickety, but I am confident she will come out of it and perk up like the others have. Significant amounts of water were used by the other plants and I am convinced that a lot of root growth is happening. It is hard to notice any significant growth spurt above ground in this last day, but I am sure that one is coming before the next watering.
DSCF0425.JPG

Here on the way over to the bloom room, I stopped to give you a view of my watering station. This is a 55 gallon barrel with a pump in the bottom of it. My plumber is going to give us a real water line up here soon, but for now we have to lug a garden hose up the stairs periodically to fill this barrel, and then we can pump this water to buckets for hand watering of the plants.
DSCF0426.JPG

Bloom room
Each day we get closer to a harvest. Today I just want to concentrate on some of the buds as we continue to wait. I am now seeing maybe 1% amber at the very top of the Bushmans here at day 44 of bloom, but that doesn't seem to necessarily mean that these plants are ready to harvest.

Here are the Bushmans....

DSCF0431.JPG
DSCF0430.JPG
DSCF0428.JPG
DSCF0427.JPG

And here are a few of the Amnesia F2s

DSCF0435.JPG
DSCF0434.JPG
DSCF0433.JPG
DSCF0432.JPG

I'd like to sit in on your thread and follow along, Emilya. The setup your building is awesome and I've been working toward a similar staged garden, though I am planning bimonthly harvests and smaller scale because of limited room.

I'd like to sit in on your thread and follow along, Emilya. The setup your building is awesome and I've been working toward a similar staged garden, though I am planning bimonthly harvests and smaller scale because of limited room.

Glad to have you here Becca! Soon I will have another stage activated as I start 3 more seeds in Veg Room #1 and move the present veggers to Veg Room #2. For a short time I will have all 4 stages, Veg 1&2, Bloom and Harvest all going at the same time, and then for less than a month the bloom room will go offline temporarily. We are a little more than a month away from having full time operation in all 4 areas and it is going to be a massive amount of fun reporting on all of it as we work through a lot of different varieties of medicine. Stay tuned! Lots of big things are happening!

Veg Room #1
One of the White Widows is acting a little persnickety, but I am confident she will come out of it and perk up like the others have. Significant amounts of water were used by the other plants and I am convinced that a lot of root growth is happening. It is hard to notice any significant growth spurt above ground in this last day, but I am sure that one is coming before the next watering.
DSCF0425.JPG

Here on the way over to the bloom room, I stopped to give you a view of my watering station. This is a 55 gallon barrel with a pump in the bottom of it. My plumber is going to give us a real water line up here soon, but for now we have to lug a garden hose up the stairs periodically to fill this barrel, and then we can pump this water to buckets for hand watering of the plants.
DSCF0426.JPG

Bloom room
Each day we get closer to a harvest. Today I just want to concentrate on some of the buds as we continue to wait. I am now seeing maybe 1% amber at the very top of the Bushmans here at day 44 of bloom, but that doesn't seem to necessarily mean that these plants are ready to harvest.

Here are the Bushmans....

DSCF0431.JPG
DSCF0430.JPG
DSCF0428.JPG
DSCF0427.JPG

And here are a few of the Amnesia F2s

DSCF0435.JPG
DSCF0434.JPG
DSCF0433.JPG
DSCF0432.JPG
Now those Bushmans almost look like finished buds. You have some time, but not a lot it looks like to me. I'd be surprised if they last a whole week. You're basically getting real close to "rogue white hairs only" (as I call it) You let those red hairs and the few whites curl under/in and color up and the overall buds tighten up a bit more and you'll be where you want them it looks like to my eye. I'd guess maybe five days? What are you thinking? What's your preferred amount of amber? What's it smell like?

Now those Bushmans almost look like finished buds. You have some time, but not a lot it looks like to me. I'd be surprised if they last a whole week. You're basically getting real close to "rogue white hairs only" (as I call it) You let those red hairs and the few whites curl under/in and color up and the overall buds tighten up a bit more and you'll be where you want them it looks like to my eye. I'd guess maybe five days? What are you thinking? What's your preferred amount of amber? What's it smell like?
The smell is amazing! I can't really smell it as I walk up the stairs because of my air control, but upon opening the bloom room door a blast of fruiting plants assaults you. I quickly go noseblind to it as I sit in there, but I am sure that spending 5 minutes in there deposits a lot of fragrance onto your clothes and hair. I have had girlfriends remark on this lately after giving me a hello hug... one signed, smells like harvest is soon, with a big smile on her face!

Yes, I am guessing about the same, 5 days or so on the Bushmans, and the Amesias I am looking at closer to 70 days before they finish out. I have a feeling that I know what I will be doing next weekend, mini harvest jail. I am not hurrying this and haven't even tried a traditional test bud yet. After all these plants have had to go through, they deserve a full powered finish and all the time they want and need, to express themselves fully.

The smell is amazing! I can't really smell it as I walk up the stairs because of my air control, but upon opening the bloom room door a blast of fruiting plants assaults you. I quickly go noseblind to it as I sit in there, but I am sure that spending 5 minutes in there deposits a lot of fragrance onto your clothes and hair. I have had girlfriends remark on this lately after giving me a hello hug... one signed, smells like harvest is soon, with a big smile on her face!

Yes, I am guessing about the same, 5 days or so on the Bushmans, and the Amesias I am looking at closer to 70 days before they finish out. I have a feeling that I know what I will be doing next weekend, mini harvest jail. I am not hurrying this and haven't even tried a traditional test bud yet. After all these plants have had to go through, they deserve a full powered finish and all the time they want and need, to express themselves fully.
This: I quickly go noseblind to it as I sit in there

Lol! I've found this is one of the sacrifices we make as growers. My smeller isn't worth a damn. Others come here and tell me how much it stinks. I get that initial smell, like you described upon opening your bloom room door, and then it's gone and I smell whatever. Around it too much, and having the smoking room and grow room in the same room doesn't help the smeller any either. Lmao.

New Word Alert (some words may have been made up in this post, because they sounded right)
That seems to be changing for me and those who surround me. My patients overwhelmingly are into sleep and pain control, and prefer heavy amber. For me, I always enjoyed the more cerebral and creative high, so I thought that I liked around 2% amber, and have always looked for that very start of the "amberization" at the very top of the plant, as my pull point.

Lately I have been smoking a lot more heavy amberized pot, and enjoying it. I no longer have to have a clear head at work and have no real commitments any longer that require me to be sober. I find I am drinking a lot more wine and couchlocking myself on purpose a lot more often. My father also has remarked that he likes the new stoner pot as it helps with his pain mitigation.

So my long answer to your question is that I prefer 15-20% at this time in my life. I still want to have some head ripping, inspiration giving 2% top shelf around though... just in case I need it. :ganjamon:

New Word Alert (some words may have been made up in this post, because they sounded right)
That seems to be changing for me and those who surround me. My patients overwhelmingly are into sleep and pain control, and prefer heavy amber. For me, I always enjoyed the more cerebral and creative high, so I thought that I liked around 2% amber, and have always looked for that very start of the "amberization" at the very top of the plant, as my pull point.

Lately I have been smoking a lot more heavy amberized pot, and enjoying it. I no longer have to have a clear head at work and have no real commitments any longer that require me to be sober. I find I am drinking a lot more wine and couchlocking myself on purpose a lot more often. My father also has remarked that he likes the new stoner pot as it helps with his pain mitigation.

So my long answer to your question is that I prefer 15-20% at this time in my life. I still want to have some head ripping, inspiration giving 2% top shelf around though... just in case I need it. :ganjamon:
I'm going with amberization. Great word.

Funny, I am almost the exact opposite at this point in life, although the number of indicas in my current stash is higher than ever before. I like having the choice as well. I go to bed pretty early, and I'm really enjoying before bed moonrocks made from my least uppish kief and one of the indicas. The Slurricane puts me out pretty quickly, and often with a smile on my face. Lol.

Hi Em. Thanks for all of your excellent research! It is great to watch this thread. I am learning a lot!

May I please ask, for those on a budget, how much better is a Mongo-Light like that, than the budget lights you can buy?

(I mean, I'm sure there is a reason you got the good light. Only, I am a little scared to find out what it costs. So could you please help me to understand why it is worth the cost?)

Thanks.

Hi Em. Thanks for all of your excellent research! It is great to watch this thread. I am learning a lot!

May I please ask, for those on a budget, how much better is a Mongo-Light like that, than the budget lights you can buy?

(I mean, I'm sure there is a reason you got the good light. Only, I am a little scared to find out what it costs. So could you please help me to understand why it is worth the cost?)

Thanks.
Hi @el gringuito ! As with all things, you get what you pay for. There are tons of lights out there that will grow plants and when I first dived into LED I tried some of them. Using those cheap things it was hard to determine why someone would willingly give up HID (high intensity discharge) lights, big lights that actually could lay down an impressive amount of photons and grow huge and healthy plants. I built my own LED light one year using my tax refund and learned a few things. I did make a very powerful light, but it needs a few adjustments to be perfect... I actually burned up a couple of plants using it and it now sits in storage in case I need an emergency backup. I found that well made commercial lights do work best, not only in their output and well designed footprints, but in better dispersing the powerful light so that it doesn't tend to burn as easily. I learned about these pro lights because we have great sponsors on this board who stand behind their lights and their quality, and I have won a few of them now with our forum's contests. We have many light sponsors here, so I don't want to center in on any of them in this discussion, although I make it clear what I am using in this journal. Each of our sponsors are supporting our forum because of their quality products, something in every price range, and I trust each and every one of them.

As far as being worth the cost, yes, a good light is going to cost you more than a typical HID light and hood and cooling system, but it has a much better return on your investment. A typical HID light needs to be replaced every grow or two because they wear out quickly. The bulbs themselves can set you back $40-$200 each time, depending on the quality you are after. Then you need a reflective hood that will direct the light downward and they are several hundred dollars for a decent sized one. To run with the hood, you will need fans and ducting to carry away the heat. LED arrays will last for 15 years or so before needing to be replaced, and you need none of the extra equipment.

Then consider the cost to run a typical LED array. It takes roughly half the wattage that an HID light will take, to run large LED light arrays, but unlike a large bulb HID, you can dim most LED arrays to run at very low wattage for seedlings and smaller plants, saving even more energy. Your electricity bill will thank you when you go LED.

The quality of the light is so much better too. Modern LEDs have now closely approximated the output of the sun as far as frequency, and we are learning how to even do better than full spectrum. LED light is more focused than regular light and it can penetrate further than the inverse square law says it should, so it penetrates further into the canopy.

Lastly, LED arrays are thin and light, allowing for maximum use of your vertical space. They don't generate a lot of heat, and what they do generate is easily moved away with normal air movement in the grow area.

Ok, thank you!
If the light quality is that much better, then I guess I will have to start saving my pesos...
Thanks again.

Veg Room #1, Day 24
The ladies are at day 3 after feeding and after uppotting and watering. They are still all significantly heavy, so watering is still several days away. The persnickety one is calming down and showing good lift finally, but she is going to lose her first fans over whatever it was stuck up under her bonnet. We may never know what happened here, but it is good to see her recovering and only a couple of days behind her sisters. One plant has risen the 5th node up to where I can easily chop it, but a temporary reprieve was given when I noted that all the other plants needed to catch up a little bit so I can top them all at the same time, a very effective equalizer.
DSCF0446.JPG
DSCF0445.JPG

Here is Ms. Persnickety... starting to get with the program.
DSCF0444.JPG

Veg Room #2, Day 0
1 week away from being activated. I can feel the excitement building.

Bloom Room, Day 45
With each passing day we get closer to harvest of these Bushmans. They are 2 days into the last watering and will get more tomorrow. The Bushmans are 19 days from their last feeding of @GeoFlora Nutrients BLOOM and the Amnesia F2s are 5 days from being fed last. I took a bunch of close up pictures today, trying to capture the rogue white pistils still here and there on the plants. These pictures are from 3 different Bushmans, all finishing at about the same time. No Amnesias were disturbed in this photo shoot... their time will come.

DSCF0443.JPG
DSCF0442.JPG
DSCF0441.JPG
DSCF0440.JPG
DSCF0438.JPG
DSCF0437.JPG
DSCF0436.JPG

Harvest Area

Cleaned and swept and waiting to do 36 hours of darkness before the chop.

Veg Room #1, Day 24
The ladies are at day 3 after feeding and after uppotting and watering. They are still all significantly heavy, so watering is still several days away. The persnickety one is calming down and showing good lift finally, but she is going to lose her first fans over whatever it was stuck up under her bonnet. We may never know what happened here, but it is good to see her recovering and only a couple of days behind her sisters. One plant has risen the 5th node up to where I can easily chop it, but a temporary reprieve was given when I noted that all the other plants needed to catch up a little bit so I can top them all at the same time, a very effective equalizer.
DSCF0446.JPG
DSCF0445.JPG

Here is Ms. Persnickety... starting to get with the program.
DSCF0444.JPG

Veg Room #2, Day 0
1 week away from being activated. I can feel the excitement building.

Bloom Room, Day 45
With each passing day we get closer to harvest of these Bushmans. They are 2 days into the last watering and will get more tomorrow. The Bushmans are 19 days from their last feeding of @GeoFlora Nutrients BLOOM and the Amnesia F2s are 5 days from being fed last. I took a bunch of close up pictures today, trying to capture the rogue white pistils still here and there on the plants. These pictures are from 3 different Bushmans, all finishing at about the same time. No Amnesias were disturbed in this photo shoot... their time will come.

DSCF0443.JPG
DSCF0442.JPG
DSCF0441.JPG
DSCF0440.JPG
DSCF0438.JPG
DSCF0437.JPG
DSCF0436.JPG

Harvest Area
Cleaned and swept and waiting to do 36 hours of darkness before the chop.
Great update. Like the colored banners, lol. The persnickity one is coming alive, yay! Question: 19 days since the last Geo bloom nute feed. If you had known when they were going to harvest would you have given them that last feed five days ago or so? Think a week of that last feed would be worth it?

Great update. Like the colored banners, lol. The persnickity one is coming alive, yay! Question: 19 days since the last Geo bloom nute feed. If you had known when they were going to harvest would you have given them that last feed five days ago or so? Think a week of that last feed would be worth it?
The only ones that got fed were the Amnesia, and at the time they had at least 2 weeks to go. Keep in mind that this is not like normal feeding... some of the raw nutrients and plenty of the microbes are still around even skipping that last feeding on the Bushmans. I don't feel like I am starving my plants at all, at most slowing down the inputs just a bit here at the end.

The only ones that got fed were the Amnesia, and at the time they had at least 2 weeks to go. Keep in mind that this is not like normal feeding... some of the raw nutrients and plenty of the microbes are still around even skipping that last feeding on the Bushmans. I don't feel like I am starving my plants at all, at most slowing down the inputs just a bit here at the end.
Gotcha. I didn't think you were starving them at all. I asked because of the discussion about integrating the spent soil and all that. So you think that is part of where the assist from the spent soil shows itself? Cuz I definitely do.

Gotcha. I didn't think you were starving them at all. I asked because of the discussion about integrating the spent soil and all that. So you think that is part of where the assist from the spent soil shows itself? Cuz I definitely do.
definitely... that and with the supersoil in the bottom of the container, my grows are never going to run out of raw nutrients. The soil above that layer is also far from spent, and keep in mind that there is some @GeoFlora Nutrients mixed in there not just from previous grows, but also from this entire grow... do we really know how long it takes to totally dissolve and get used up in the soil, or know definitively that the nutrients and microbes have not been building up a little bit cumulatively as we have continued with this grow?

definitely... that and with the supersoil in the bottom of the container, my grows are never going to run out of raw nutrients. The soil above that layer is also far from spent, and keep in mind that there is some @GeoFlora Nutrients mixed in there not just from previous grows, but also from this entire grow... do we really know how long it takes to totally dissolve and get used up in the soil, or know definitively that the nutrients and microbes have not been building up a little bit cumulatively as we have continued with this grow?
Yup. I'm with you. Just about any plant I grow organically is going to get this treatment.

Hi Em, Jon.
If I may ask, how do you know how to recondition the supersoil?
How do you know what has been used, and what to add?
Do you have a thread anywhere that talks about that?

Hi Em, Jon.
Replace the macro nutrients.... N, P, K and calcium. Throw in some azomite for the trace minerals, a spoonfull of humic acid to get things combining together, a bit of dolomite and perlite because they get used up and a couple of spoons of epsom salt. Compost for a few months and it will be a nice strong supersoil again.

Hi Em, Jon.
@el gringuito, I'm going to respectfully bow out, only because I'm following Em, not the other way around. She's way more qualified to answer this than me. I'm sure she will, she's awesome like that.

Back
Top Bottom