CoffeeShopSeeds Sponsored Grow: Emmie’s Huge 1 Month Interval Constant Harvest

See that ring around the base of this plant, wrapping around the trunk several times? Anyone know what this is? It is the only one doing it, and the plant has always been a bit of a runt. Could this be a fungus of some kind?
That's a strange one! Looks like a shunt to my human eyes. What would rings around nodes be doing for a plant? I've heard of roots choking plants out right below that place but not this. Cool and weird!

Garden's looking great!

That's a strange one! Looks like a shunt to my human eyes. What would rings around nodes be doing for a plant? I've heard of roots choking plants out right below that place but not this. Cool and weird!

Garden's looking great!
I just took a look at a bunch of my old stems that I kept. Not one has this ringing type thing. It is very odd indeed. The closest I come is just UNDER the branch itself, which I always assumed was from the extra weight. Ringed. And each of the first four or five are like that. I'm surprised we don't have more potential answers to this yet. Have you found anything out about this @Emilya? Doesn't seem to be causing any problems.....maybe it's just extra support the plant made for itself in case you trained it to need them and it read your mind before it sprouted?

I just took a look at a bunch of my old stems that I kept. Not one has this ringing type thing. It is very odd indeed. The closest I come is just UNDER the branch itself, which I always assumed was from the extra weight. Ringed. And each of the first four or five are like that. I'm surprised we don't have more potential answers to this yet. Have you found anything out about this @Emilya? Doesn't seem to be causing any problems.....maybe it's just extra support the plant made for itself in case you trained it to need them and it read your mind before it sprouted?
I have not found anything about this odd thing. I will keep my eyes open to see if I can run into it somewhere.

Today was watering day in both of the active grow rooms. The new plants in Veg 1 went 4 days this time before I could justify watering them, so there is still plenty of time left in the solo cups. We are 12 days above soil and 7 days since their first feeding.

DSCF0385.JPG
DSCF0384.JPG
DSCF0383.JPG

The bloom room is at day 33 and the buds definitely look like 4 week buds, but with lots of trichomes. The plants seem to have liked the Sweet Candy, essentially molasses with a kick of vitamins and I have given more, twice as much this time. We are 4 days into the feeding cycle and they sucked up water today like never seen yet, each plant taking about 1.5 gallons.

DSCF0376.JPG

Here is a look at some of the buds... first the Bushmans

DSCF0379.JPG
DSCF0378.JPG
DSCF0377.JPG

Then the Amnesia F2s.

DSCF0382.JPG
DSCF0381.JPG

Look at the frost rails starting to form on this one!
DSCF0380.JPG

Keep in mind that all of this is after a thrip infestation almost took out the whole room! They are not gone totally, but they have been greatly intimidated and are no longer slowing down the plants. It's not as pretty as I like, but we are going to have a good harvest of some great medicine, along with many lessons learned. You should see how spotless my grow rooms are at the moment, and how they are going to stay. Everything has been organized and put on shelves. All electric has been re-hung and better organized. We didn't just clean up this time, we turned these 4 rooms into a lab.

I have not found anything about this odd thing. I will keep my eyes open to see if I can run into it somewhere.
I tagged you in Stunger's journal. Check out what he has going on, it looks very much like yours only he got a bit closer with the pics.

I tagged you in Stunger's journal. Check out what he has going on, it looks very much like yours only he got a bit closer with the pics.
It's going to bug me. I would buy the compression theory, but that plant is a runt... didn't think it was going to produce much until recently. I can't wait to see the roots... I bet this thing continues down there.

Veg Room #1
Two days since watering and today gave them a small spray of SNS 203, just to drive any early bugs away. No signs of bugs yet, but I am not taking chances in the veg rooms any longer. This attic grow room is where bugs go to die. The plants are 9 days into their last feeding, and will be getting another hit in 5 days or so, depending on when watering day will be. The plants are now 14 days above soil.

DSCF0388.JPG
DSCF0387.JPG
DSCF0386.JPG

Veg Room #2
Cleaned and ready.

Bloom Room
We are at day 35, and the Bushmans all look like it, the Amnesias are growing a little more slowly. Mainly I think because the big NextLight MEGA is so close to the canopy, we have some great trichome development already. Today I used a tripod and really got close to the buds so we can see the details, and hopefully the camera cooperated.

DSCF0395.JPG
DSCF0394.JPG
DSCF0393.JPG
DSCF0392.JPG
DSCF0391.JPG
DSCF0390.JPG
DSCF0389.JPG

Veg Room #1
Two days since watering and today gave them a small spray of SNS 203, just to drive any early bugs away. No signs of bugs yet, but I am not taking chances in the veg rooms any longer. This attic grow room is where bugs go to die. The plants are 9 days into their last feeding, and will be getting another hit in 5 days or so, depending on when watering day will be. The plants are now 14 days above soil.

DSCF0388.JPG
DSCF0387.JPG
DSCF0386.JPG

Veg Room #2
Cleaned and ready.

Bloom Room
We are at day 35, and the Bushmans all look like it, the Amnesias are growing a little more slowly. Mainly I think because the big NextLight MEGA is so close to the canopy, we have some great trichome development already. Today I used a tripod and really got close to the buds so we can see the details, and hopefully the camera cooperated.

DSCF0395.JPG
DSCF0394.JPG
DSCF0393.JPG
DSCF0392.JPG
DSCF0391.JPG
DSCF0390.JPG
DSCF0389.JPG
They sure have the look of buds that'll be big and dense. Great trichs, especially visible in the last picture. Wow. This early too. Does this room also have a significant smell this early corresponding to your trich development?

You hooked me. So I looked up “burl” “plant” “ribbing” “tree”… All causes unknown. I guess we don’t know everything yet.
Exactly right my friend, we still have much to learn. I will be sure to let everyone know what I find at the root level as we do the autopsy after this grow. BTW, burl, ribbing... good words that had not occurred to me as I searched. Good job!
1648298942921.png

Exactly right my friend, we still have much to learn. I will be sure to let everyone know what I find at the root level as we do the autopsy after this grow. BTW, burl, ribbing... good words that had not occurred to me as I searched. Good job!
1648298942921.png
That took a bit to register at first. But damn that made mine and my wife’s morning. Thankyou. Happy weekend!!
:rofl::laugh:

Veg Room #1 is now at 16 days above soil. The plants went 4 days this time to drain the solo cups, so they are not ready to transplant yet. They are 11 days into the 14 day feeding cycle, so they will get another dose of @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG. If they can use this water up quickly this time, I may uppot them to 1 gallon size before I water and feed. This decision is totally up to them.

20220327_161625.jpg
20220327_161617.jpg

The bloom room suddenly looks amazing. We have had a few cool nights lately and I have allowed the bloom room to get a little chilly, but not too bad... and this has caused some fall colors to begin to appear on at least one of the Bushmans. Suddenly there is a darker color overall on a few of the plants, making me believe that these plants are capable of finishing out in 45 days in the right circumstances. We are at day 37 of bloom right now, but I don't believe they will be done to my satisfaction in 8 more days. On one of the plants there are no more white pistils and she is clearly finishing up. The buds are still small though, and I believe they are going to still fatten up a bit if given the time they need. Some people would no doubt pull them at that 45 day point, and they would be happy. These buds with their heavy trichomes are sure to please, at whatever point we call harvest time. The bugs will have clearly affected my overall yield however, because as nice as they are starting to look, I have seen better. Time will tell what we finally end up with here. Here are solo shots of each of the plants.

20220327_161330.jpg
20220327_161318.jpg
20220327_161304.jpg
20220327_161348.jpg

Lastly, please excuse the low pixels in the pictures today... they are not from my regular camera. It seems that I need to get a new memory card since the camera suddenly can't read it. Have a great rest of your Sunday! :peace::love:

20220327_161337.jpg

Veg Room #1 is now at 16 days above soil. The plants went 4 days this time to drain the solo cups, so they are not ready to transplant yet. They are 11 days into the 14 day feeding cycle, so they will get another dose of @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG. If they can use this water up quickly this time, I may uppot them to 1 gallon size before I water and feed. This decision is totally up to them.

20220327_161625.jpg
20220327_161617.jpg

The bloom room suddenly looks amazing. We have had a few cool nights lately and I have allowed the bloom room to get a little chilly, but not too bad... and this has caused some fall colors to begin to appear on at least one of the Bushmans. Suddenly there is a darker color overall on a few of the plants, making me believe that these plants are capable of finishing out in 45 days in the right circumstances. We are at day 37 of bloom right now, but I don't believe they will be done to my satisfaction in 8 more days. On one of the plants there are no more white pistils and she is clearly finishing up. The buds are still small though, and I believe they are going to still fatten up a bit if given the time they need. Some people would no doubt pull them at that 45 day point, and they would be happy. These buds with their heavy trichomes are sure to please, at whatever point we call harvest time. The bugs will have clearly affected my overall yield however, because as nice as they are starting to look, I have seen better. Time will tell what we finally end up with here. Here are solo shots of each of the plants.

20220327_161330.jpg
20220327_161318.jpg
20220327_161304.jpg
20220327_161348.jpg

Lastly, please excuse the low pixels in the pictures today... they are not from my regular camera. It seems that I need to get a new memory card since the camera suddenly can't read it. Have a great rest of your Sunday! :peace::love:

20220327_161337.jpg
Good lord! They exploded!!! Wow. Look at those tree trunks too. What a great job. I also notice your 16 day plants are remarkably similar, yes? They all look nice and happy. Yay.

Yes, everyone is happy, including me. The plants have gone 3 days since watering, and they were not ready for more as of this evening. I went ahead and prepared the 1 gallon containers that they will be going into so that it will be a quick and easy transplant when they dry out a bit. The room is at day 19 already, so I am going to rush the transplant a little bit and put up with a little less of a rootball for the sake of expediency. We are a little more than a week from moving them to Veg room #2 for their second month of veg and I want them to be in the 1 gallons by then. Node 5 will be starting to peek up all around the room, so a topping is also in their future.

DSCF0398.JPG

The 1 gallon containers were built by starting with 3 large handfuls of Purple Cow supersoil. Then 1 tablespoon of @DYNOMYCO was added before putting the empty solo cup in to build the soil around. Used soil from the Soil Activator bin was used to build up around the cup to about midway, where 1 tablespoon of @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG was added in a thin layer all around the cup. More used soil was then added to the top and watered in. I will re-wet this soil immediately before the transplant so the hole holds its shape when I remove the cup.

DSCF0397.JPG
DSCF0396.JPG

The bloom room is indeed finishing up. We are at day 40, and it is clear that the Amnesia F2s are not as far along and are maybe just now entering their final 2 weeks, so they got a final feeding a couple of days early. The Bushmans are turning out to be just as they were advertised, a very fast bloom predicted to go 45 days. After looking at the tops through my loupe, I am convinced that the amber is definitely coming in, and is just short of the top, and amazingly might actually be able to be finished at day 45. I don't know yet if I will actually pull them this early, but on two of the plants, it seems likely that we will have a first harvest sometime next week.

DSCF0407.JPG
DSCF0406.JPG
DSCF0403.JPG
DSCF0402.JPG
DSCF0401.JPG
DSCF0400.JPG
DSCF0399.JPG

Hey Emilya, checking in here to follow your journal. I just wanna say, your seedling growth is amazing and inspiring. Easily 2x more growth than mine were during the same period, the picture I attached is from one of my seedlings at 14 days above soil). I'll be employing your watering methods to my second grow once my current one is complete plus I didn't have enough light for the 1st 5 days so they got a little stretched.

I also like how you report light levels in LUX rather than PAR. PAR meters are too expensive for my taste!

edit: I just realized it may be in bad taste to post pictures in someone else's journal. If that's the case, please let me know and I will remove my picture.

Day 14 Seedling

14 days - Copy.PNG

Hey Emilya, checking in here to follow your journal. I just wanna say, your seedling growth is amazing and inspiring. Easily 2x more growth than mine were during the same period, the picture I attached is from one of my seedlings at 14 days above soil). I'll be employing your watering methods to my second grow once my current one is complete plus I didn't have enough light for the 1st 5 days so they got a little stretched.

I also like how you report light levels in LUX rather than PAR. PAR meters are too expensive for my taste!

Day 14 Seedling

14 days - Copy.PNG
Hi @macaroniNchief, I'm Jon, an @Emilya - devotee. FYI - check out the Phototone app for your phone. It's way accurate and measures both par (ppfd) or LUX, whichever you choose. And it's FREE. The only cost is to unlock the full spectrum, red/blue, or whatever kind of lights you use, and that's only $5 a pop. So for $5 I can accurately measure however I wish. Might be a good alternative for you?

Hey Emilya, checking in here to follow your journal. I just wanna say, your seedling growth from 3/9 to 3/18 is amazing and inspiring. Easily 3x more growth than mine were during the same period, the picture I attached is from one of my seedlings at 14 days above soil). I'll be employing your watering methods to my second grow once my current one is complete plus I didn't have enough light for the 1st 5 days so they got a little stretched.

Day 14 Seedling

14 days - Copy.PNG
Hi M, glad to have you along. I like to think that my rapidly growing young plants provides proof as to the efficacy of my watering methods. That really is the whole trick to what I am doing here... I make the plants work for every bit of water that they get from me. I also start using nutrients very early, using my nutrients as a fertilizer intended to jump start the grow, rather than thinking of them as essential nutrition. Some people coddle their plants, but i do not. You are seeing the difference.

Regarding PAR measurements... There is no way that I am going to buy one of those very expensive meters when I can get the numbers that I need by using LUX. Depending on the CRI value of my lights, the PAR number is easy to get from that if I wanted it, but ever since the HID days we have been using LUX and I see no good reason to change just because of the LED world.

Back
Top Bottom