Does droop mean they stop growing, or does it just reflect the plant changing the position of their leaves as a result of different transpiration needs? If they "pray" during lights off does that mean they're asking you to turn the lights back on?

I'd find the DLI number that works for you and your electric bill and work with that. If plants are getting too much light (stress) I don't believe they wait 17 hours to tell you.
Ok but DLI and PPFD are two different things right? Like too much light vs light that's too bright? I've taken pics in the morning and mid afternoon. I'm waiting for the swoon and then I'll get pics of that. It looks like they are shrinking away from the light.

Highya Carmen,

Love your journal!! Just got caught up. Love the way growers have been helping you! Shows great camaraderie within the ranks!! Not to mention, you're getting a lot of help! Don't you love ITS's logic! And Gee is so knowledgeable about such things!! Also, I wanted to commend you on your setup! I wouldn't even attempt to grow in your conditions - off and on power, tabletop grow, autos, etc. I'm glad you enjoy this and you do have some very nice ladies (albeit a little small). It was fun watching how fast they grew up, and all the training you have done to get the ladies this gorgeous. Great journal! Happy Smokin'

Highya Carmen,

Love your journal!! Just got caught up.
Thank you Bode.
Love the way growers have been helping you! Shows great camaraderie within the ranks!! Not to mention, you're getting a lot of help! Don't you love ITS's logic! And Gee is so knowledgeable about such things!!
I feel very fortunate to have the benefit of their insight and experience.
Also, I wanted to commend you on your setup! I wouldn't even attempt to grow in your conditions - off and on power, tabletop grow, autos, etc.
Better than paying dispensary prices for dispensary grade weed :)
I'm glad you enjoy this and you do have some very nice ladies (albeit a little small). It was fun watching how fast they grew up, and all the training you have done to get the ladies this gorgeous. Great journal! Happy Smokin'
You too Bode!

DLI is PPFD x time. And I've seen no scientific studies that show that the rising and falling of leaves over 24 hours is related to having completed one DLI cycle, whatever that might be.

If anyone has found those studies I would be really interested in reading them!

I would just go with your gut instinct and do what you feel is best for the plants.
Here is the Blueberry at midday and midnight.

I have not read any studies about the rising and falling of leaves over 24 hours. I am responding to what I see in my grow alone.

Yes, a few times and it feels good to me.

It's like sweeping a Zen garden :meditate:

Thank you! :)

What are you seeing in the Blueberry that indicates to you that the pot is too wet? I noticed a slight curling of the leaf tips and possibly some swollen capillaries and I have to admit I was surprised. That means the plant really does prefer dry conditions, but tough luck, it must get water from time to time. In fact I gave it a liter today because I don't want the pot to dry out and become hydrophobic. I can tell the bottom of the pot is still moist. By this afternoon BBa had perked up and is praying with the other two, so no harm done.
Pretty much the same as you noticed. Just a little puffy and fat. Not bad tho. Some just need more air than others in the roots so they like the soil a bit drier. All in all they look marvelous😍

Pretty much the same as you noticed. Just a little puffy and fat. Not bad tho. Some just need more air than others in the roots so they like the soil a bit drier. All in all they look marvelous😍
Thank you :)
I love that you grow them on the dining room table. Coffee at your place must be a blast!
It's an attention grabber, that's for sure and as such it's a testament to how few people enter my private space! Despite recreational use being legal there is still a stigma.

DSC_8600.jpg

Happy Saturday!

I have seen a couple of impressive ladies right in Carmen's living room. All stinky and sticky. Waaaay bigger than they look in the pics. Really Chunky looking too.
Too bad about the the cricket. I don't think they choked, more that India were better.

I have seen a couple of impressive ladies right in Carmen's living room. All stinky and sticky. Waaaay bigger than they look in the pics. Really Chunky looking too.
Too bad about the the cricket. I don't think they choked, more that India were better.
I missed the cricket but India have been playing so well and deserved to win. Not that SA didn't, but as you say, India were better :)

Thanks chom, yes you have seen some of my tabletop plants and I'm glad you can vouch for their size! This Blueberry and even the MAC#1 are threatening to be two of my largest yet.

I'll post some training pics shortly.

Enjoy another windless, sunny, winter's day ☀️

The plants are stretching a bit and as they grow in length, I open the branches up in circular fashion to redistribute the auxins.

I am also trying to expose tertiary branches in the hope they will grow quickly enough to reach the canopies.

I have no idea what to expect with the shape of the MAC. I hope the tertiary branches will catch up to the other branches, so that they are all in a canopy below the apical stem.

Comments / suggestions will be welcomed.

Have a relaxing Sunday and enjoy whatever you do.

Blueberry - 12 inches

Red Mimosa XL - 7 inches

MAC #1 - 13 inches

Good Morning/Afternoon Miss Carmen of the Future👊☕️. I hope your day is going well😊.
Good morning Gee man, thanks for stopping by! 👊☕:passitleft:

The plants are stretching a bit and as they grow in length, I open the branches up in circular fashion to redistribute the auxins.

I am also trying to expose tertiary branches in the hope they will grow quickly enough to reach the canopies.

I have no idea what to expect with the shape of the MAC. I hope the tertiary branches will catch up to the other branches, so that they are all in a canopy below the apical stem.

Nice job on the bondage😊. They look beautiful. They should fill in nicely😍

I've never tried this but back in the day Neil from Perfectsun LED was a big auto grower and he used to make paper dunce caps and place them over the apically dominant colas for a couple hours a day so the side branches could catch up.

He grew some huge autos. Possibly even bigger than Jon's. I wonder if that would help to level the canopy?

If we only had someone to test that theory....🤔

Nice job on the bondage😊. They look beautiful. They should fill in nicely😍

I've never tried this but back in the day Neil from Perfectsun LED was a big auto grower and he used to make paper dunce caps and place them over the apically dominant colas for a couple hours a day so the side branches could catch up.

He grew some huge autos. Possibly even bigger than Jon's. I wonder if that would help to level the canopy?

If we only had someone to test that theory....🤔
Thank you Gee.

Interesting. I wonder if he made any Youtube videos. I'd love to see how he did it and get a sense of his results. I'll take a look.

Thank you Gee.

Interesting. I wonder if he made any Youtube videos. I'd love to see how he did it and get a sense of his results. I'll take a look.
He did. He started by using yarn to noose around the apical top and fold it up, then he tried the dunce cap, then he sort of faded away. It's an interesting idea. Manually redisperse the lighting.

Blueberry - 12 inches

Red Mimosa XL - 7 inches

MAC #1 - 13 inches

Plants look great Carmen & nice job on the training looks good

Plants look great Carmen & nice job on the training looks good
Thank you very much Con.

DLI
I meant to note that I am back to 18/6 for the lighting. It was only one night that I tried the plants at 17/7.

Back
Top Bottom