Cherries DubeLee In A S.I.P. - An LOS Grow

Congrats on the take down, Stone! How does this yield compare to previous yields pre-SIP?
Hi HashGirl, it's on the very heavy side of my grows! Only one plant I've grown indoors was heavier by a couple of ounces. This one will come in at ~11.5 oz not 10.5 as I last mentioned. That's a big yield for me!
Well that's an interesting bit of info! :thanks:

I wonder two things: if the result would be different if you started directly in the SIP, and if the top 6" of that soil ever was regularly damp. With the cover on the whole time you never had a chance to check.

Not that it slowed down that monster!
That's good wondering Shed! I wonder too if I pursued the top dampness question somehow! The plant could almost double by the look of the soil if roots populated it. I'd guess 30 % was hardly used and 70% was used hard. A few oz of top water every now and then could work that maybe.?

Your direct planting thought may change things up too. A combination of both maybe?

You have me thinking now! What about when I was making up the pot and adding soil? There's a moment when I had to use my fist to press the soil down into the lower pockets to make the soil wick. I wonder if that process created the "root table" height I found. Perhaps if I pressed differently the table may have been higher? That root height may have been my fist height. :hmmmm:. There's room for thoughts on running a fabric wick up it too! 🧠💥

Everyone else sees this bald grey root eating muppet too aye….?

1D62D6FD-425B-4441-AC64-20FACE44C51A.jpeg
Looks a little like my uncle Stanley!

HANGIN OUT IN THE TENT UPDATE

Good day to you! It's different hanging out today! The mistress of the house says it's too stinky to dry upstairs like I do normally because Sunday is Easter and we're having people for a get together.
Well done on the harvest and a great grow Otter!
ROOTOPSY UPDATE

Another beautiful day here at the farm! I was able to look at the SIP pot and contents. What a horse of a different color!
I gave the trunk a slight pull from side to side and look what happened. The original 1 gal pot shape came to surface!
That's a interesting post, good job with the SIP!
Everyone else sees this bald grey root eating muppet too aye….?
For 2 seconds I didn't, and then I did!

I can tell you with my current SIP plants with wheat straw mulch that the soil on top is moist and I haven't watered from the top since the beginning. I'll be flipping them in a few days (data tracking all aspects of the grow, I will see if she needs a top water here and there), I used to go 45 days with 7gal smarties and get what I want, but these aren't making it to 40 and I'm over it... using 7 gallons when I like to run 3 plants per 2x4 (2). The 5-gal fabric pots just don't give me that thick base I'm looking for (trunks are double the size from 5-7 fabric). By the looks of it currently, these 5-gallon inserts aren't going to be a problem with producing a thick truck and swollen mains. The big plant from seed is already drinking up everything in 2.5 days and just over a month old (35 days). My bigger clone is drinking about 3 days or just under, the res holds about 3/4's of a gallon if completely empty. The other 2 will be filled tonight (3.5 days or slightly under real time). Just SIP'n Away... SIP SIP... Hooray! :rofl:

I can tell you with my current SIP plants with wheat straw mulch that the soil on top is moist and I haven't watered from the top since the beginning. I'll be flipping them in a few days (data tracking all aspects of the grow, I will see if she needs a top water here and there), I used to go 45 days with 7gal smarties and get what I want, but these aren't making it to 40 and I'm over it... using 7 gallons when I like to run 3 plants per 2x4 (2). The 5-gal fabric pots just don't give me that thick base I'm looking for (trunks are double the size from 5-7 fabric). By the looks of it currently, these 5-gallon inserts aren't going to be a problem with producing a thick truck and swollen mains. The big plant from seed is already drinking up everything in 2.5 days and just over a month old (35 days). My bigger clone is drinking about 3 days or just under, the res holds about 3/4's of a gallon if completely empty. The other 2 will be filled tonight (3.5 days or slightly under real time). Just SIP'n Away... SIP SIP... Hooray! :rofl:
SIP SIP Hooray is right! We have to re learn the fine points Johnnie! So faster flip time, more bio mass, thicker trunk and stems, what could be better?!! SIP ON!

Thanks Tra! I hope they're ok in the tent drying! I never use a tent for that! The meter says they are so I'm believing it! :nervous-guy:

Perfect! Just what I needed! Thanks!
I like the Green Crack, very happy, focused and energetic high. I know they have an auto from fastbuds but not sure about a photo. CL🍀

I like the Green Crack, very happy, focused and energetic high. I know they have an auto from fastbuds but not sure about a photo. CL🍀
Folks have that opinion about Green crack Cap'n. I have some auto seeds of it I want to let rip one day. Had anyway, I've given a bunch of seeds away to friends that want to kill grow them. No returns yet :p !

All in all this plant grew dense dense roots in the lower section of soil.
That's where the water and nutes are, so that makes sense...maybe the roots don't go looking for anything, because all they need is in the rez, so why bother looking elsewhere?
just my 2 cents..

Folks have that opinion about Green crack Cap'n. I have some auto seeds of it I want to let rip one day. Had anyway, I've given a bunch of seeds away to friends that want to kill grow them. No returns yet :p !
It’s one of the best wake n bake strains I ever smoked. I grew a Pygmy auto last year outdoors and wish I had some more of it. CL🍀

That's where the water and nutes are, so that makes sense...maybe the roots don't go looking for anything, because all they need is in the rez, so why bother looking elsewhere?
just my 2 cents..
This being a water feed grow in LOS that doesn't make sense to me. They found what they needed though. That web of roots I found hanging in the water chamber is interesting! I wonder how much of them were submerged if any, or just hanging in the moist oxygen rich zone in there?
I suppose the mix of soil and water made a nute soup through the wick feet. There's lots of questions with this SIP method!

IT'S A ROSY LOOKING DRY SO FAR UPDATE

Good day all! I snipped them all off yesterday and through the night we had rh shoot up to 68% in the bag. I found new bags to try on the zon. Actual 5 gallon bucket bags food safe. They're pretty thick and large!
They hung for 6 days. The stalks were so thick I couldn't judge like usual and I hit it a day or two early. The bag's open under the ceiling fan with the bluetooth rh meter in it so I'll get looks as the hours go by today from wherever I am.

Got some F2 seeds from that bud.

Gotta go do the taxes now. Have a great day!

Highya SO,

Gorgeous looking buds! Beautiful job trimming and drying!! Seeds are looking good!! You're quite the bud tender!! Happy Smokin'

Highya SO,

Gorgeous looking buds! Beautiful job trimming and drying!! Seeds are looking good!! You're quite the bud tender!! Happy Smokin'
Good morning Bode! This one's almost on automatic!
Magnificent buddage and shine. Bet it smells amazing in there
Such a good stink! My sense of taste is going nutz testing this one!

IT'S A ROSY LOOKING DRY SO FAR UPDATE

Good day all! I snipped them all off yesterday and through the night we had rh shoot up to 68% in the bag. I found new bags to try on the zon. Actual 5 gallon bucket bags food safe. They're pretty thick and large!
They hung for 6 days. The stalks were so thick I couldn't judge like usual and I hit it a day or two early. The bag's open under the ceiling fan with the bluetooth rh meter in it so I'll get looks as the hours go by today from wherever I am.

Got some F2 seeds from that bud.

Gotta go do the taxes now. Have a great day!
Wow super cool 😎. Can't wait to see the new strain

Back
Top Bottom