Good morning and happy Spring Day for those of us who've just endured a chilly winter!

I am busy germinating seeds in celebration of the super moon and the changing of seasons.

Now, while I try to distract myself from looking at the G1 plant I am focusing on the Parmesan and the G2. I'm not sure how many more weeks the Parmesan will go. Pistils are turning and frost is coating the sugar leaves. If G1 has a week to go, then the Parmesan might have three or so.

Here are some Parmesan pics. Please forgive the mottled calmag deficient leaves. I have been giving calmag with every watering, but it doesn't seem to be enough. I truly hope I don't have a repeat of this in the new soil. It really knocks the confidence!

I will follow up with some G2 flower pics! I can't wait to harvest the G1 plant and make way for the G2.

Thanks for the company! :)

I was using CaliMagic & Botanicare Cal/mag but when I switched to Canna Coco nutrients I started using Rooted Leaf Fuel by Agritech and use it sparingly in flower, you might try it as it is absorbed better due to availability. SSgrower Canna has cal in part A and Mg in part 2.

I was using CaliMagic & Botanicare Cal/mag but when I switched to Canna Coco nutrients I started using Rooted Leaf Fuel by Agritech and use it sparingly in flower, you might try it as it is absorbed better due to availability. SSgrower Canna has cal in part A and Mg in part 2.
Hi SSg, I have had a look online and it seems that the Agritech products are not available in South Africa. When I buy the soil I will talk to the guys about calmag supplementation and see what they recommend for the specific product I'll be using. It seems that the G2 plant is fine with the calmag I am dosing it with. It's the two swicked plants that are still struggling. It was the lack of top feeding. Gee64 explains it well.

What a beautiful canopy you made on Parm Carm!
Thank you Otter. I have been trying to keep these plants low on the table, hence the tight canopies, but I feel that I may be stunting them somewhat. The buds seem small to me. I wonder how I will train the next generation :)

Right, here are the Gelatos!

I will first give you photos of G2 and then I will show you how G1 just seems to keep on going.

G1 still getting white pistils and still no amber trichomes

I find it easier to measure up from the bottom so the angle will tend to be over 90°. But to your question:

If the leaf angle is 90° measured from below, then when it drops to 45° (90 minus 50% of 90) then that would be when to water again according to Caplan.

Or if that 90° is measured from above, then 90+45=135° would be rescue time.
Right. The difference between 180 and 90 is 90, so half of that is 45*.
Ok, I am confused again. I will just ask when I need to know if the angle is 50 % I wouldn't know which to choose, 135 or 90. Thank you Azi
The calcium deficient leaf damage won't "pretty up" but what you're looking for is no more damage on other leaves.
It is spreading badly, hence my continued concern. Not sure what to do about it I'm afraid.

Where would I put the protractor and is it correct that I would be measuring the distance between the magenta and turquoise lines, to establish leaf wilt percentage? I am so confused. Am I measuring the front part of the leaf or the stem of the leaf? It's a curve, not an angle :(

Leaf Angle 3 copy.jpg

If the orange was the original placement (e.g.) then the difference is the change in leaf wilt angle.

DSC_4918.jpg
Ok thank you. This makes sense seeing it in a picture! I have visited Marcus' journal and have left a question for him re app. I'll see what he recommends.

OMG, still white hairs and what do you think about the trichomes? Is this plant going to give me the energetic high I am after if I harvest now, or is it still to early. There are finally some ambers to be seen. What do you think?

Sugar leaf ambers aren't usually counted toward harvest because they tend to go first and are often trimmed away, so I try to only look at calyx trichomes.
Me too but I'm not sure if they are cloudy enough. I am after an energizing high. It's a 55 % sativa plant. With this one I want a daytime high so that I can work and get on with stuff. Am I still not there yet?

Back
Top Bottom