Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

I'm growing some Harlequin this season because it is one of the highest CBD rated strains out there right now. THC is much lower than most, but CBD is off the charts compared to all the other popular strains. So far, it has been a great grower with lots of large flower tops and a Blue Cheese like aroma.

CBD has great anti-inflamatory properties but without the buzz levels of THC.

re: Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

Oh, yeah! That Harlequin DGB you have is quite the looker indeed! I really like the way that stuff grows.

I'm looking to get the pure Harlequin, or Sour Tsunami, or Cannatonic soon, because all of those have a CBD percentage of higher than 9%, with harlequin being the highest potential of 13%; It's insane! I'll be down in "The Bay Area" sometime within the next year with the sole purpose of hitting the collectives down there looking for those exact seed strains, one being from Southern Humboldt Seed Collective, or SOHUM Seeds, for their Sour Tsunami:
SourTsunami-o1.jpg

Albion Sour Diesel x Tsunami

10-11% CBD (1 out of 4)

This strain is: 40% Indica 60% Sativa

Will Mature After 9 Weeks

Musky, with sweet undertones. Works for pain and inflammation without the head high. Exceptionally high in CBD's. There is a one-in-four chance of containinig 10-11% CBD (and 6-7% THC) Checkout the article about it at ProjectCBD.org and in the CBDiary for March 1, 2011

Now before you say anything, It take GENERATIONS to stabilize a strain to get the genetics desired, and I will be sort-of helping to do just that within my grow. The 1:4 prospect is a little low, but with the odds, I'm willing to chance it. And once I find the one that does have the CBD content I'm looking for, I will LAVISH her with love and attention.

The second seed from the same breeder I'm looking for is the Harle-Tsu and THAT one has a 3:4 chance of being high CBD. 14% CBD Male, crossed with an 11% Female, giving the potential that is greater than the sum of its parts of 16-18% CBD (if memory serves - or swerves) but a low 7% THC. Not THAT is right up my alley. Not being a fan of the disorienting effect of THC, I'll be looking for both of those strains with fervor.

Of course they also have a couple of purple strains that are absolutely irresistible:

Purple Cheesel -8 weeks
By OGRINGO on Mon, 2011-12-26 14:23
[(Purple Diesel/ Skunk #1) x (Cheese)] x (Purple Erkle / Cheese)
16-18% THC Trace CBD and CBG
This strain is: 40% Sativa & 60% Indica
Will Mature After 8 Weeks
Medium Sized Plant. Sweet Cheese, Sweet, Musky Taste. Very Potent and Fast Acting

Purple Diesel-8 weeks-Limited stock
By OGRINGO on Mon, 2011-12-26 14:24
NYC Diesel x Purple Haze
This strain is: 60% Indica 40% Sativa
With room to grow this plant can get huge, with a fruity, earthy bouquet. A strong herb that is soothing and relaxing..

Purple Passion -9 weeks Limited stock
By OGRINGO on Tue, 2012-04-03 12:19
Grape Derkle (Grape Ape x Purple Urklel) x Soma's Lavender
80% Indica 20% Sativa
Matures in 9 weeks
Purple indica dominant plant with large, sweet dense buds. Medium to large plant

Those should appease my love of purple quite nicely.

Wait, you love purple?! Get outta town! ;) cool strains - I want to grow Cannatonic eventually. :)

jandre2k3
what kind of benefits are there to a plant that takes 10 weeks vs one that finishes in 8?

just popping my head in to say hi as its been a while...how goes the rooting on the purple wreck? have you thought about co2 for them..watched a timelapse on 2 seedlings, 1 on 450ppm and another on 1250. ive always thought of co2 for older or more established plants, but its amazing how much benefit there is to new life. the 1250 had roots 300% as big as the other....would be interesting to see what a water cloning would be like with o2 bubbled to the water and co2 floating above it...wonder if it can drop the rooting time down.

so Jandre is this anything like the stuff they are growing in Isreal?

just popping my head in to say hi as its been a while...how goes the rooting on the purple wreck? have you thought about co2 for them..watched a timelapse on 2 seedlings, 1 on 450ppm and another on 1250. ive always thought of co2 for older or more established plants, but its amazing how much benefit there is to new life. the 1250 had roots 300% as big as the other....would be interesting to see what a water cloning would be like with o2 bubbled to the water and co2 floating above it...wonder if it can drop the rooting time down.

Haven't set up a CO2 for my veg bin. It's open to the air and will not benefit much with all the fans on the rack.

I have no idea about what they have in Israel. I guess I'll go check it out and see. To what, exactly, were you referring? High CBD? I dunno.

sorry if I was being vauge. I was reading an article about how they were growing MMj for medical bennies that did not get you high.
not my bag baby. I like getting stoned. but it could lead to big pharma getting their grubby fingers into the POT

Wait, you love purple?! Get outta town! ;) cool strains - I want to grow Cannatonic eventually. :)

Yeah, Cannatonic is a hard one to get hold of, and damned expensive when you do find it. Fucking gougers at most of the collectives down there charge $100 for 5 regular High CBD strain seeds.

sorry if I was being vauge. I was reading an article about how they were growing MMj for medical bennies that did not get you high.
not my bag baby. I like getting stoned. but it could lead to big pharma getting their grubby fingers into the POT

Heheh, vague indeed! Nah, research shows that cannabiniods do not have the same "oomph" when they are manufactured alone, say CBD by itself, but it is rather the whole "Potion" if you will, of all the cannabinoids working in symphony. The FDA has been testing manufactured single cannabinoids, and by themselves show that nothing of any import happens... This is why the FDA says that cannabis has no medical value. Cannabinoids are a team, each working together to make things happen. THC alone, or CBD alone don't do much without their buddies.

They can't make it in a lab and charge for it, so it needs to be illegal and it's CERTAINLY bad for you.....because they say so......and they can't control it to make sure it's safe for you and me (like Aspartame & Fluoride, perfectly good for you)........oh yeah, we can't forget that they know best.....

This is why I am a 'crazy mountain man' now. I didn't drink the fluoride cool-aid enough and eat enough 'good for me' packaged foods.

im interested in the non high pot for several reasons, my mom benefits alot from cannabis but she is reluctant to get high at 10am as am i, due to the need to function at top level thru the day, i have passed on a bowl many a day and suffered in pain all day due to this, if i had a strain that allows medicating without being ripped i would get to live a more pain free or at least less life, dont get me wrong at night along with a movie / cod mw3 and dinner i enjoy getting tilted as much as anyone! but i would love having a non or much less high option:thumb:

im interested in the non high pot for several reasons, my mom benefits alot from cannabis but she is reluctant to get high at 10am as am i, due to the need to function at top level thru the day, i have passed on a bowl many a day and suffered in pain all day due to this, if i had a strain that allows medicating without being ripped i would get to live a more pain free or at least less life, dont get me wrong at night along with a movie / cod mw3 and dinner i enjoy getting tilted as much as anyone! but i would love having a non or much less high option:thumb:

BINGO! :thumb:

That is precisely the reasons behind my own decision to grow this Harlequin strain this season. I often wake up with the need for some good anti inflammatory and pain reduction meds, but have no desire to get "high" that early in the day. I too usually have a laundry list of chores and things to do, which often includes driving down the mountain and into town for shopping etc. I can't safely do that stoned, so like you... I go without or take some over the counter crap that doesn't work as well as my MMJ would, but I just can't handle getting buzzed right when I get up. It makes me feel kind of wiped out the rest of the day, and I don't feel like doing anything but watching TV. ;)

After all the chores are done, and I can relax... No problem! But first thing in the morning? No thanks. ;)

Heard rave reviews about how well Harlequin works for situations like this, but until I can confirm it for myself, I can't say for sure. I truly hope that it lives up to my expectations. I will definitely be posting a strain review of my harvest before the end of the year. Need to cure it for a few months after a late September harvest before I would feel confident about passing judgement. ;)

This is my first high CBD strain, so I have no idea how it will make me feel as compared to my usual GDP, BBK and Blue Cheese strains that I turn to for this kind of relief when "I can". ;)

Oh, yeah! That Harlequin DGB you have is quite the looker indeed! I really like the way that stuff grows.

I'm looking to get the pure Harlequin, or Sour Tsunami, or Cannatonic soon, because all of those have a CBD percentage of higher than 9%, with harlequin being the highest potential of 13%; It's insane! I'll be down in "The Bay Area" sometime within the next year with the sole purpose of hitting the collectives down there looking for those exact seed strains, one being from Southern Humboldt Seed Collective, or SOHUM Seeds, for their Sour Tsunami:

Albion Sour Diesel x Tsunami

10-11% CBD (1 out of 4)

This strain is: 40% Indica 60% Sativa

Will Mature After 9 Weeks

Musky, with sweet undertones. Works for pain and inflammation without the head high. Exceptionally high in CBD's. There is a one-in-four chance of containinig 10-11% CBD (and 6-7% THC) Checkout the article about it at ProjectCBD.org and in the CBDiary for March 1, 2011

Now before you say anything, It take GENERATIONS to stabilize a strain to get the genetics desired, and I will be sort-of helping to do just that within my grow. The 1:4 prospect is a little low, but with the odds, I'm willing to chance it. And once I find the one that does have the CBD content I'm looking for, I will LAVISH her with love and attention.

The second seed from the same breeder I'm looking for is the Harle-Tsu and THAT one has a 3:4 chance of being high CBD. 14% CBD Male, crossed with an 11% Female, giving the potential that is greater than the sum of its parts of 16-18% CBD (if memory serves - or swerves) but a low 7% THC. Not THAT is right up my alley. Not being a fan of the disorienting effect of THC, I'll be looking for both of those strains with fervor.

Of course they also have a couple of purple strains that are absolutely irresistible:

Purple Cheesel -8 weeks
By OGRINGO on Mon, 2011-12-26 14:23
[(Purple Diesel/ Skunk #1) x (Cheese)] x (Purple Erkle / Cheese)
This strain is: 40% Sativa & 60% Indica
Medium Sized Plant. Sweet Cheese, Sweet, Musky Taste. Very Potent and Fast Acting

Purple Diesel-8 weeks-Limited stock
By OGRINGO on Mon, 2011-12-26 14:24
NYC Diesel x Purple Haze
This strain is: 60% Indica 40% Sativa
With room to grow this plant can get huge, with a fruity, earthy bouquet. A strong herb that is soothing and relaxing..

Purple Passion -9 weeks Limited stock
By OGRINGO on Tue, 2012-04-03 12:19
Grape Derkle (Grape Ape x Purple Urklel) x Soma's Lavender
80% Indica 20% Sativa
Matures in 9 weeks
Purple indica dominant plant with large, sweet dense buds. Medium to large plant

Those should appease my love of purple quite nicely.

Cool! Good luck with your pursuit of those high CBD strains! Didn't realize there were so many high CBD options out there! It is too bad they are so freaking spendy compared to more common varieties. I really wanted a pure Harlequin strain myself, but everyone seems to be crossing it with something else. I have had good luck with MON's crosses in the past, so that is why I decided to go with their version when I realized that it would be very difficult to get my hands on a pure Harlequin strain in time for the planting season.

Regarding my Medicinal Organic Nursery strain of Harlequin...

Yeah... I was surprised by how tall the plants are. The seed package listed the height as medium, but these suckers are close to 7 feet tall now, and about 5 feet wide at the longest lower branches. Airpot advantages aside... I would definitely NOT consider these to be "medium" height plants. My GDP is what I would consider a medium height strain. No complaints though! The plants are impressive in person. Nice bulky, thick Colas, and so far, very healthy and easy growing. I was also impressed that I got four healthy female plants from the four seeds I planted! In this rare case, I was actually hoping for at least one male so I could use it to pollinate one of my GDP clones, but it was not meant to be I'm afraid. Had to use a Purple Rhino male plant instead, which isn't the worst alternative, but a Harlequin/GDP cross would have likely been an excellent strain! ;)

Anyway... You have peaked my interest with some of these other high CBD strains. If this particular strain of Harlequin doesn't deliver for me, I will definitely be looking for another source of high CBD MMJ for future grows. For now though... I will trust MON to deliver on their version of Harlequin. Their Blue Cheese strain was everything they claimed it to be and more, so I am optimistic that I will be impressed with the CBD percentages I see from this strain after harvest and curing. :)

BINGO! :thumb:

That is precisely the reasons behind my own decision to grow this Harlequin strain this season. I often wake up with the need for some good anti inflammatory and pain reduction meds, but have no desire to get "high" that early in the day. I too usually have a laundry list of chores and things to do, which often includes driving down the mountain and into town for shopping etc. I can't safely do that stoned, so like you... I go without or take some over the counter crap that doesn't work as well as my MMJ would, but I just can't handle getting buzzed right when I get up. It makes me feel kind of wiped out the rest of the day, and I don't feel like doing anything but watching TV. ;)

After all the chores are done, and I can relax... No problem! But first thing in the morning? No thanks. ;)

Heard rave reviews about how well Harlequin works for situations like this, but until I can confirm it for myself, I can't say for sure. I truly hope that it lives up to my expectations. I will definitely be posting a strain review of my harvest before the end of the year. Need to cure it for a few months after a late September harvest before I would feel confident about passing judgement. ;)

This is my first high CBD strain, so I have no idea how it will make me feel as compared to my usual GDP, BBK and Blue Cheese strains that I turn to for this kind of relief when "I can". ;)

I just hope that the Harlequin Grandaddy Blueberry you have is stable enough, and you get the High CBD pheno. I've read in many places that the best percentage is 75% chance of the High CBD and that's in Harle-Tsu... And I don't even know about Harlequin GDB. Odds are that you might have one, but, man....

I wish you the best of luck, brother, in getting the right pheno.

A forward to active conversation thread...

donpaul.p writes:
can i run something past you jandre, i had noticed that using compost strait out the bag without adding anything to it was causing me some problems, i noticed when i watered it just ran out the bottom of the pot, so then i started spraying the water onto the top of the soil, i thought this worked well, till i scraped the soil back and found out that the top inch was mushy but further down the pot it was bone dry, so i been watering from the top and bottom to get round this and it has solved my problem and the plants are growing a whole lot quicker and seem to be responding more when i give them nutes.

so i been thinking, what if i had 3 or 4 tubes in each pot, so i had tubes that ran from the bottom of the pot and had holes drilled at certain points along the tube, then covered with some fine mesh, then fill the pots with compost, now im wondering if this would be something worth trying, it would leave me with a pot full of compost and it would have say 4 thin tubes running from the top of the pot to the bottom with holes drilled at different heights, now this would mean i could pour water into these tubes and this would then water the hole pot, but then i thought then once the tubes are empty of water this would leave air, would this benefit the roots or not,

so it would be a pot with 3 or 4 tubes stuck in them, the tubes would then have nutrient water poured in them and this should water the whole pot, but when the water is not in the tubes would this be a good thing or a bad thing, if roots got into the tubes then they would probably die, would this work similar to an air pot

My answer is this:
I'm not a soil guy anymore, but I was. This is actually a really good question. Straight compost is not the best choice to plant anything in, especially if you are planning to to add nutrients. Try mixing it with something like coco coir, to add some water retention. Then add some vermiculite, or perlite, to break things up a bit more and add aeration. Then add a tiny bit of High K guano. No need to add nutes with compost, and guano... not for a while at least.

If you're worried about further aeration, you could always get some airpots, or smartpots, and plant in those.

thanks for the answer mate, ill write a shopping list for my next soil grow and see if i can improve on what im getting, i just harvested my sour kush and get a bud the size of a 2ltr bottle, it was grown dwc though, im just getting the last of my soil plants out the way then ill be giving a dwc scrog a try, hoping to get bigger yields with a dwc scrog, then ill be going back to soil i think, id feel more comfortable with soil grows as it looks more low tech, the more gadgets i got and more equipment i got then the less sleep ill be getting, the risk is to great, but 1 scrog wont hurt but a full hydro grow would cause me more problems than its worth if the worse did happen, so i think im more comfortable with a soil grow, but i wanted to try a scrog and dwc properly so ill be doing this for my next grow, just flowering off what i got at the minute then ill be moving onto my scrog, ill still be doing a 2ltr dwc along side this as they are pretty much 12-12 from seed,

I just hope that the Harlequin Grandaddy Blueberry you have is stable enough, and you get the High CBD pheno. I've read in many places that the best percentage is 75% chance of the High CBD and that's in Harle-Tsu... And I don't even know about Harlequin GDB. Odds are that you might have one, but, man....

I wish you the best of luck, brother, in getting the right pheno.

Thanks man!

Yeah... We will just have to wait and see what they turn out like. As I mentioned, the stuff has a nice smell to it and is very similar to the smell of my Blue Cheese flowers. Must be the Blueberry traits coming out. Pretty sure that my Blue Cheese contains half of this same strain of Blueberry. The fact that the smell is distinctly different though, might give a clue as to how much influence the Harlequin side of the cross had on these plants?

Do you know what kind of effect you get from a high CBD strain? I've never tried one, so I am somewhat flying blind here short of a lab test, which I may do if I like the effects. I would send some to the lab only to confirm the CBD if I suspect the levels are high. If I end up getting stoned from this stuff the same way I do with my GDP, BBK and Blue Cheese, I will likely not bother since it would be pretty obvious that the CBD levels were not as high as one would expect from anything named Harlequin.

Another month or two and we will know one way or the other! ;)

Back
Top Bottom