Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

re: Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

Looking very nice jandre :) Subbed for the rest, can't wait to see them girls start packing on the flowers!

BOOBIES!! I love seeing that avatar, but have not wanted to cry out like that in another thread. Welcome to my laboratory!

HOORAY FOR BOOBIES!

okay, I'm done.

Looks beautiful Jandre, great target to shoot for:peace:

hehehe, funny thing is, I have only just painted the target! I didn't even know what to expect in this experiment, and with the many setbacks suffered getting this one going, I was afraid it was doomed before the start! I'm glad that someone could draw inspiration from this grow at all, even if it becomes a "What not to do". :rofl:

Love the updated pic's. Man them skinny leaves on that Lamb Bread looks good. Well looks like you well on your way to a nice little harvest there. Pollen scares me alittle. I never liked messing with males even tho I should. Now more than ever seeing how I have the room. One day I'll find that one strain' I have thought hard about making some good auto flowering seeds. I see alot of uses for the early harvests of the auto. Well looks like its growing great over this ways. Keepem Green

i like the idea of using long life compost (ive seen westlands 4+months) and some sort of drip system to provide water and mixed lights on autos.

Pretty syre it wouldnt be hard to have an auto cupboard, just fling the seeds in the mud and come back 60 days later to grab some smoke to tie you over till your real plants are ready.

BOOBIES!! I love seeing that avatar, but have not wanted to cry out like that in another thread. Welcome to my laboratory!

HOORAY FOR BOOBIES!

okay, I'm done.

LOL! I'm sure there will be some more pics similar to my avatar come harvest time next month :) have you done a SCROG before? I see this is your first SOG..

LOL! I'm sure there will be some more pics similar to my avatar come harvest time next month :) have you done a SCROG before? I see this is your first SOG..

Yes, I did a 2x2 ScrOG with my Ken's GDP in the second test of this box, it was an LST vs. ScrOG. I must admit, it was with T5's so the results were less than average for a plant, but you should go check it out. It's in my sig under jandre2k3's links. Once there, under "All Things Cardboard" it is the second test run.

Yes, I did a 2x2 ScrOG with my Ken's GDP in the second test of this box, it was an LST vs. ScrOG. I must admit, it was with T5's so the results were less than average for a plant, but you should go check it out. It's in my sig under jandre2k3's links. Once there, under "All Things Cardboard" it is the second test run.

wasnt great with t5s? how many did you use? i plan on using 6 per 2 plants, 4 above and 2 below shining upwards. using the grolux 'growing' bulbs. they seem to produce a lot less visible light than a standard bulb, but what does come out is a purple light which is suppose to be a mix of the reds and blues a plant needs. hoping this will compete fairly well with other light systems of the same wattage (90w per plant). i still might throw in normal cfls 2700k in any gaps i can fill just because i should if i can =)

wasnt great with t5s? how many did you use? i plan on using 6 per 2 plants, 4 above and 2 below shining upwards. using the grolux 'growing' bulbs. they seem to produce a lot less visible light than a standard bulb, but what does come out is a purple light which is suppose to be a mix of the reds and blues a plant needs. hoping this will compete fairly well with other light systems of the same wattage (90w per plant). i still might throw in normal cfls 2700k in any gaps i can fill just because i should if i can =)

I had 3 HO T5 Grow Lights from Hydrofarm per plant in the last grow... The results were less than average.

Here's the link to the harvest. New Flowerbox Test 2 - Starting from Clones - 7x GDP & 1x GK

Trimmed the GDP today. With the Dehydration sometime while I was gone she was ready. The Blue Diesel and the GFB are not ready yet.

Total was 35.5g (1.27oz) but here's the kicker. ScrOG is NOT the style for this box, because 16.2g of that 1.27oz was TRIM and buds too small to really smoke. Only got 19.3g of true bud, the rest will be made into hash.

The good part is though, that is is very nice bud, although a little small, and already has that signature "purple" smell.

That sucks mate. and im thinking its far more than just the lights that cause this. hell i got 20+ each for my 2 auto's and autos are crap for yeild and i was only using 3 23 watts cfls between the 2 plants!

That sucks mate. and im thinking its far more than just the lights that cause this. hell i got 20+ each for my 2 auto's and autos are crap for yeild and i was only using 3 23 watts cfls between the 2 plants!

Well, it wasn't the nutes, I don't think. Some of it may have been the dehydration suffered during a power outage, but, I owe the rest to the lights, because I had a similar yield from the same lights on a different nutrient line.

Please note that the total yield was over an ounce, but the rest was too light and airy to really be called bud. Rather, it was what we in California refer to as "shake" or "sugary leaf". Granted, I may be spoiled to my medical-grade bud, completely packed with trichs, dense as hell with only 2-3 nugs that make an 8th that are strong enough to make me sleep with only 2-3 hits. Still that doesn't change my opinion on T5's vs. HID lighting. I have seen the drastic difference between the two with my own eyes. The stature, vigor, and overall health of the plants is MUCH greater with HID lighting than with the same of T5. I had 6 T5's in this box in the prior two grows, and now that I have the HID light in here, already the difference is STAGGERING.

I need to ask a question, since I missed something. Are you vegging AND flowering under those t5's? Also what size/wattage where you using? Thanks!

yeah would be good to read up on your bulbs. im using grolux dual spectrum for mine all the way through.

got 1 30w atm, but will be getting the 58 watt and a LOT of them.

just inherited at least 20 twin light fixures from th job im doing =D saving me at least £400 in supplies

24w High Output T5 24" with Full Spectrum tubes from Spectralux.

These were NOT the 4' but the 2', so that's the difference in wattage. It takes half the power to light half the size.

Product Specifications per fixture:

Description
Size
Weight
Single T5 Fixture23.5L x 2.9W x 3.6H1.9 lb
AmpsWattageInitial Lumens

Now multiply that by 6

30,000 initial lumen

vs. 36,000 initial lumen from my 400w HPS, and I've already seen the light (pardon the pun) of the advantages of HPS over T5

Had 2 underwhelming harvests under T5, and what looks to be a bumper crop from the 400w HPS

But I had 3 per plant, so the difference there is staggeringly huge. 15,000 vs. 36,000

my dual spec 400watt hps says it gives off 55,000 lumins, problem is the heat can be a huge problem, with cfls i could leave the grow room door shut and the lights close to the plants, with the hps i cant leave the door shut need it open a few inches and the light is just over 1ft away from the top of hte plants, and i have got to admit im getting more stretch using the hps then i ever did with the cfls,

how come you get more than me, my bulb box is the thing saying 55,000 lumins dual spec and has some graphs on their showing loads of info, does the 63,000 come from the people who made the bulb or is the ballast saying 63,000 does it make a difference, say i got a bulb that had 63,000 lumin, if i put that in my ballast will it then put out 63,000 lumins, if it does then i think i need to get me a new bulb with more lumins, unless the dual spectrum gives off less lumins due to it having some other element in it,

how come you get more than me, my bulb box is the thing saying 55,000 lumins dual spec and has some graphs on their showing loads of info, does the 63,000 come from the people who made the bulb or is the ballast saying 63,000 does it make a difference, say i got a bulb that had 63,000 lumin, if i put that in my ballast will it then put out 63,000 lumins, if it does then i think i need to get me a new bulb with more lumins, unless the dual spectrum gives off less lumins due to it having some other element in it,

Growlush 400w High Pressure Sodium

Description Growlush Latest 400W High Pressure Sodium (HPS) Grow Light benefits accelerate development and hearty flowering! HPS light is for better flowering, which is best for your plants chlorophyll production. It is especially productive for flower seedling development. Safe and environmental friendly.
Features

• Power: 400 watts (High efficiency)
  • Expected Life Span: 29,000 hours
  • Lumen: 65,200 lumens
  • Contains more red spectrum which is best for flowering
  • Strong power to penetrate fog
  • High output, high luminescence efficiency
  • Fit for all standard 400 watts HPS grow light systems
  • Fit for the Heliophile, such as Rose and Camellia, which grows better at longer sunshine time

Back
Top Bottom