Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

re: Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

PICTURE DAY!!

Flower Day 14

SideA is now in full flower and moving along very swiftly. SideB, as I thought, is lagging still, but those are the 8-10 week strains. It's gratifying to now see with my eyes that I separated them correctly by finish times.

In keeping with the Diminishing Light I have removed 1/2 hour from the lights-on schedule. Breaking from that though, as this will be a perpetual SOG once it gets going right, I will stop at 11 hours on, instead of dropping all the way down to 8 hours at the finish. The new schedule for lighting has rotated to light on at NIGHT instead of during the DAY, from 7am-7pm, to 7:15pm-6:45am (minus the half hour)

I do this because in my part of the state where I live, I have learned that from 8am to 4pm, PG&E charges almost DOUBLE for electricity used during "Peak Period" in the summer time. They say it's to discourage people from using unnecessary electricity during times of the most demand in order to keep from having to rotate brownouts again this year. Well, it has certainly caused me to rotate 400w of power for the whole "Peak Period" to a less expensive time. I was blown away when I got my bill of almost $300 for last month. That was an increase of almost $150! Now I know that using the A/C causes some of that, but having the lights on during that time only adds to it, PLUS the heat generated doesn't have to be cooled by the A/C running during that time. With the cool nights, I can open up the windows and save on cooling there as well.

I'm not worried about causing hermie in this shift, as it is a one-tome change in lighting and will not stress the plants enough to cause a response.

With the removal of some plants, due to culling for poor performance, and 2 being MALE, there are now, 26 total plants in the Cardboard Flower Box. That's down from 32 at the start.
SideBSideA
Dream Diesel x 1
Lamb's Bread Clone x 7
Purple Widow x 2
Green Fluffy Bunnies x 6
Jandre Kush x 6
Plush Berry Kush x 4

Now for THE PICS!

They sure are pretty jandre....... :bravo:

looking very good! :adore:

Thank you both! It's starting to look like I'm actually growing around here! All those leaves everywhere were depressing me after such a long wait from the last disaster. Good to see some flowers finally, and I can feel my spirits start to lift, as more and more pistils sprout.

sweet jandre ! I rekon I need to read back about the disaster. never thought that you and disaster could be used in the same sentence! good looking grow bro:thumb:

@gigabane, im trying to get more growers over to the contests, the prizes are amazing but you never see many growers in their or entering, i think their should be loads more entries in nug n plant of the month, their are some amazing plants and buds on this site but dont see many in the contests, i have no chance of winning with the other entries, their are some top names in the contests, voting is very tough, its got harder each month, the more i get to know them the harder it is to choose who to vote for in motm contest

looking good mate, the contestes are now taking votes, the links in my signature

already voted, but thank you for posting that here to remind those that are reading that we need as many entries/votes as possible.

its always worth entering, it shows others that may not know you what you have been growing, it gives them the chance to meet a new grower and check each others grows out, i cant believe their are not more entries, the prizes themselves are more than worth entering for, but as GiGaBaNe said, its nice just to enter or be nominated, winning is just a bonus, showing others what you got going and show off some amazing plants and buds,

im hoping to enter next month with one of my dela haze's its double the size of its sister...almost as if it retained a hybrid vigor.

i wont be getting any prizes tho even if i won, so its just for the kudos

I'm a firm believer that while the prizes are nice, it is still good to enter a nice bud/nug or a plant if you're proud of it. If you have something you're proud of, this is the best place to show it off, because of the whole security issue with showing something from a grow you have going, ESPECIALLY if you're not in a MMJ state. For a lot of us even in the MMJ states, because of our tight security, this is our only outlet for such things. We're here because we believe what we do is for the good of all, and this is the only place we have that is positive and supportive, and is removed from the danger of someone making trouble for us.

Having this outlet, for some, will keep them from bursting and ruining their security by telling someone around where they live.

Looks good! :high-five:

There certainly are a lot of nice plants/nugs on here. I hope to get to your guys' caliber soon. I'm on my first grow and wouldn't consider entering any of my atrocities!

Back to reading and learning. And I invite you to take a look at my journal. Link in my sig. Hope to see you (anyone!) there!

Looks good! :high-five:

There certainly are a lot of nice plants/nugs on here. I hope to get to your guys' caliber soon. I'm on my first grow and wouldn't consider entering any of my atrocities!

Back to reading and learning. And I invite you to take a look at my journal. Link in my sig. Hope to see you (anyone!) there!

Thanks for the compliment!

Believe it or not this is my first grow under 400w in and SOG style with hydroponics.

I'll drop by your thread and sub up in case you have any questions or need some advice, I'll be there and can get it instantly from your thread.

Back
Top Bottom