Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Happy Wednesday, @Schnookie, and Welcome to my little corner of 420!
I think you're gonna need EIGHT foot poles!
Believe it or not, they're holding themselves up so far...they lean a bit more when I spray them for caterpillars, but they straighten back up when they dry... there's just one pole in there that's been there for a couple of months, holding up the big cola from node 1, to keep it up off the sidewalk..:oops:
I'm gonna need a couple of those myself this year too!
Got any use for whey protein?...or casein protein, those are a little smaller..
But I'm guessing you're probably not a bodybuilder...I'm not either, but my sons use the stuff..
😁
Mine are a few weeks (months?) behind these still
Mine were real early this year, they're actually flowering for the second time, so they're a bit bigger than they should be..🤏

Happy Wednesday, @Schnookie, and Welcome to my little corner of 420!

Believe it or not, they're holding themselves up so far...they lean a bit more when I spray them for caterpillars, but they straighten back up when they dry... there's just one pole in there that's been there for a couple of months, holding up the big cola from node 1, to keep it up off the sidewalk..:oops:

Got any use for whey protein?...or casein protein, those are a little smaller..
But I'm guessing you're probably not a bodybuilder...I'm not either, but my sons use the stuff..
😁

Mine were real early this year, they're actually flowering for the second time, so they're a bit bigger than they should be..🤏
Hah, I was referring to the EMPTY containers given I'll have 5 more large outdoor plants to harvest. Incidentally, I have whey protein in my protein water, and my physical therapist told me to start going to the gym 2x a week on top of daily cardio to start strengthening my worn out torn rotator cuffs...so, kinda bodybuilding? :D :Rasta:

Mine are 2nd flowering again too after a monthish reveg...weird year I guess? I've got 2 in the roots 707 growing bag that are close to 5ft tall now and might be done stretching...

.so, kinda bodybuilding? :D :Rasta:
At least body strengthening..👍

but will you need 5 pounds of it?

With that many plants, you might consider using 5 gallon buckets with lids that seal- that's what I'd be doing if I didn't have these already...

Here's a few not very good trichome pics- you can sort of tell where
they're at...taken thru an 8x loupe..

(I have a usb microscope, but I can't seem to make it work right)

CK:
ck3.JPG

CK1.JPG

CK2.JPG

and Somango:
Somango3.JPG

Som1.JPG

Som2.JPG

I may revise my harvest plans- seems the buds may have more fattening up to do..
in some spots they look ready, and some spots aren't even close...
Harvest will probably a multi-stage thing...the colas may get chopped on an "as needed" basis.. 😁 .

it's kinda tricky this year.... 🤔

Here's a few not very good trichome pics- you can sort of tell where
they're at...taken thru an 8x loupe..

(I have a usb microscope, but I can't seem to make it work right)

CK:
ck3.JPG

CK1.JPG

CK2.JPG

and Somango:
Somango3.JPG

Som1.JPG

Som2.JPG

I may revise my harvest plans- seems the buds may have more fattening up to do..
in some spots they look ready, and some spots aren't even close...
Harvest will probably a multi-stage thing...the colas may get chopped on an "as needed" basis.. 😁 .

it's kinda tricky this year.... 🤔
Sometimes on the massive plants I like to cut the tops and hang them first, let the lower 40% of the plant finish in the sun another week. Some of that stuff has barely ever seen the sun. Looks tasty!

plenty of time left to continue to sample as they grow!
Oh, yeah....I don't want that ripeness to sneak up on me..gotta do the research...:lot-o-toke:
I like to cut the tops and hang them first, let the lower 40% of the plant finish in the sun another week
I think that's how this is going to go too- most of that lower stuff is flowering for the first time, so it may go quite a bit longer than the "original" stuff up top...... 🤔

At least body strengthening..👍

but will you need 5 pounds of it?

With that many plants, you might consider using 5 gallon buckets with lids that seal- that's what I'd be doing if I didn't have these already...
EEK! I can't imagine storing weed in 5 gallon buckets! It would like some cheech & chong movie! LOL

It would like some cheech & chong movie! LOL
Who knew those guys were visionaries?
It could very easily come to buckets of yours!
Very easily!...I wonder what 5 gallons of weed weighs?

When you get there, let me know, Schnookie!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, this morning, I just couldn't hold off any longer ....these are the 2 ripest looking colas, so I decided to ease into the harvest process ....the orange tape on them has today's date
S and CK.JPG

@Trala can get away with this, so I'll try it...we can call this the ugly version..😁-Somango bud- 170g trimmed
inmyface 2.JPG

I know what you're thinking- there's waayyy too much face showing... Critical Kush bud- 275g trimmed
inmyface.JPG

The new trim station...maybe...I'm still figuring this extended procedure out....
ck.JPG

I'm sure I'll have it dialed in by the time I'm done...:oops:
just a few to go....JPG

So, did I start harvesting today, or did I just cut two really big testers?

It's a little of both...😁👍

Thank You for looking!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, this morning, I just couldn't hold off any longer ....these are the 2 ripest looking colas, so I decided to ease into the harvest process ....the orange tape on them has today's date
S and CK.JPG

@Trala can get away with this, so I'll try it...we can call this the ugly version..😁-Somango bud- 170g trimmed
inmyface 2.JPG

I know what you're thinking- there's waayyy too much face showing... Critical Kush bud- 275g trimmed
inmyface.JPG

The new trim station...maybe...I'm still figuring this extended procedure out....
ck.JPG

I'm sure I'll have it dialed in by the time I'm done...:oops:
just a few to go....JPG

So, did I start harvesting today, or did I just cut two really big testers?

It's a little of both...😁👍

Thank You for looking!
Man those are some big assed buds nice trim bucket should be full when you're done enjoy the testers

You'll be there before me! Let ME know! LOL
S and CK.JPG

50 more of those any YOU'LL be storing in 10G buckets too!!

Holy moly, Carcass! Those two spears outweigh my last whole plant (wet-trimmed just like yours) by 98g! For me, that really puts your trimming load into perspective. I see ya' but I wouldn't wanna' be ya'! 😁

I hope you remembered to count the snips and jot down the sub-total. This is going to require a running total so you may want to get a legal pad.

445g of testers. LMAO!

I know what you're thinking- there's waayyy too much face showing...
Not too much face! But get a haircut, hippy. :hippy:

nice trim bucket should be full when you're done
Thanks, con! Standing up trimming gets pretty old pretty fast, so I may tweak that part just a bit..😄
I'm thinking >3 lb's if a very dense bud and 2ish + if less?
One of us just may find out for sure this year..🌳
Nice, and you did pull it off! Those are some drool worthy colas friend! :bravo:
Thank You so much, Stone! Mother nature was very kind to me this year....💚
50 more of those any YOU'LL be storing in 10G buckets too!!
Ha! No, It's not that bad...there's only 26 more big ones..🤪
Those are some awesome colas. Fantastic
Thanks, Keith-You've got some of those headed your way too...👍
I predict... you will have some jars curing at 62%, before you are done trimming?

I hadn't thought of that, but I think you're right, Med!
I'm going to have to start writing stuff down...🤔
For me, that really puts your trimming load into perspective.
I think spacing the harvest out will make it at least seem like less work..keeping track of what's dry, and what's not may get tricky about a week from now, though...:hmmmm:
I hope you remembered to count the snips and jot down the sub-total.
I've committed it to memory............stoner memory...........:rofl:
But get a haircut, hippy. :hippy:
Ha!- Has it been 20 years already??
My last haircut was early 2004...✂️

Looks like a smelly sticky good time…Spacing out your trim jail sessions is good on the sanity too. That’s A LOT of flippin flower!
I’m sure you made sure no hitchhikers find their way into the auto box, it would be easy snacking in there for them. 🍴

Back
Top Bottom